Transformer games

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by weeklyhero, Mar 29, 2009.

1. weeklyhero

weeklyhero Prototytan

I've seen a lot of posts here about a Transformers MMO (I even started one myself a while ago), but wht other games would you fans like to see made with the license? What about a racing game or air combat? A traditional or tactics-style RPG? First person shooter? Dating simulator (just seeing if you were paying attention).

All I've seen so far are adventure games, like the Armada game and the movie series, but I just want to see more variety in Transformer games. I think I'd really like to see a Transformers TRPG, like Fire Emblem or Disgaea.

2. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I would die happy if I got a TF game with the following stats:

1. 3rd person shooter.
    2. Transformations are useful for something besides speed. Possibly... *gasp*... HIDING THEMSELVES.
    3. Multi player.
    4. Campaign co op.
    5. Custom games.

Wishful thinking, I know.

3. myhobby

myhobby ArigatouArigatouArigatou-

2: in the movie ds games you had "wanted levels". basically, the toughness of the police/army/sector 7 units attacking you.
    transforming and driving around in vehicle mode brought the level down
    3: the second movie game is supposed to have VS matches online (hopefully on console as well)

granted all these stats in one video game has not happened.
    {sigh}

this thread probably belongs in the video games forum
    but an rpg could work i think:thumb 

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    The DS games are by far the most entertaining for me.

I would love a 3rd person shooter, maybe one where the camera does go into spasm when you want.

The disguise element would be great, it never made sense that the bad guys could always tell it was you.

Bigger open world segments, but I would like the levels to be more like real levels, not just half-assed missions played in open world areas like GTA and many otehr games.

I would also love special abilities, AI teammates in campaign, multiplayer, practical transformations. (for example, the one's in the movie game are too flashy and long to be used in battle, but not flashy enough to be visually interesting for the trade-off) Weapons besides melee weapons that do real damage, being able to choose which character you play as and also having buildings that fully demolish instead of just having the first three floors be destructable.

5. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I can't help but agree with you Split Lip. I find the DS games entertaining, but definitely wish they had everything you just listed that you'd want in a TF game.

6. Roook

Roook Well-Known Member

I've always wanted a Twisted Metal type Transformers game, where you could pick from several autobots or decepticons, and then battle in a huge arena, switching from vehicle to robot mode whenever you want. And you could unlock other characters that would be colored variants. So like Ultra Magnus, Cliffjumper, Ironhide, etc.