Transformer Figures shrinkage issue-consult if you support

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kylehudson14, Apr 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kylehudson14

Kylehudson14 On when I'm on

Transformer Figures shrinkage topic - consult if you support

Let me get ONE thing straight, this is a thread for support about contacting Hasbro about the shrinkage of figure size & the alarming prices accompanying them. If you do not feel this to be a problem, then please ignore this thread & move to another. PLEASE, no criticizers or judge-rs, write a comment if you AGREE with this topic, if you do not agree then disregard this thread.

To mods: If there is already a thread regarding this subject then, please, delete this one.

If you have noticed that the figures' size classes of the more recent Transformers toy lines have decreased in size, but have stayed the same price & feel this to be an issue or want to know why, then copy and email this letter to Hasbro about said issue:
    Or, write your own email about it & send it to them. I am just trying to see why the figures have been shrunken. Again, if you do not feel this to be an issue, than disregard this thread. Thank you:) 

2. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

It's called economy and this is a beaten horse. This isn't an "issue". They're TOYS. The price would be higher if they stayed the same size. And one complaint would be replaced with another.

3. Kylehudson14

Yes, thank you Seekerblackout. This is the type of comment I was trying to deter. I realize the economy is bad, but thats something to work around in the engineering. Toys, figures, collectables... the point is we care enough about them to go to sites like TFW! Everyone has concerns, this is one of mine! I just felt I would share an email I wrote with my fellow TFW go-ers & see if anyone else feels the same way.

4. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Of course they do. That's what a beaten horse is.

Plus, now guys like HFTD Ironhide fit in.

5. Kylehudson14

LOOK, Im just asking for an answer from Hasbro & one of this sites functions is to discuss topics, which this is.

I have no idea what u mean about HFTD Ironhide.

6. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

HFTD Ironhide was small, too small for Ironhide. Everyone towered over him. Now he fits in.

7. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Eh, technically you're wrong when it comes to Voyagers. Sometimes they "skyrocket" to $26, most of the time stores leave them at $20

8. Kylehudson14

Usually, its only TRU that shoots the prices up that high for voyagers. I find that regular stores like walmart (unless u live in canada) keep them at around $20 - $22. Recently my Walmart changed there prices from $18.88 on voyagers to $19.95. :( 

9. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The whole 'shrinking toy' issue is a bit overstated IMO. I don't exactly deny it, but I will state that much of those 15-year-old BW deluxe toys aren't any bigger than the same size class in DOTM or Prime. To hear some talk, you'd think the old toys should have been a foot tall for the money.

10. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

Kyle, it seems like you have only been active fairly recently despite joining just a few months after seeker and I. So believe us when we say, this has been discussed way too many times. Here's your answer: Cost cuts. It really started during ROTF when lots of figures (i.e. Leader Optimus and Voyager Starscream) had concepts that were even in promotional photos and even the instructions but never made it to the figures. Unfortunately, DOTM was hit very hard by the economical crisis we're having.

11. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    That's exactly what I meant. And an increase of $1.07 isn't a lot.

12. Kylehudson14

OK, fine. Im having the mods delete this thread.

13. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

The only ones I can see being on the slightly smaller side are the PrimeRID figures, which for the most part doesn't actually look that bad or noticeable (I have a Prime Wheeljack on my desk shelf standing next to a Generations Warpath, Generations TC, and a Movie 1 Wreckage, and while the smallest he looks quite good). The Classics/etc. figures look like they're staying in relative scale (robot mode wise) well enough, too.

14. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Realizing this, then you probably should not expect this:

Why? Because people will have their opinions and will share it if they want whether they agree with you or disagree. Having said that, I honestly don't care because I know that for most if not some of us:

1: We'll buy it anyway due to our plastic crack addiction.

2: No matter what happens to the toys in their size, we will go ahead and (please see 1)

3: Since you already contacted Hasbro, why not wait for them to get back to you with a corporate short key response?

4: I highly doubt you're going to get a lot of people to spend their time copying and pasting anything to Hasbro.....but its worth a try even though most of us will know they'll just scoff at the e-mail. Unfortunately, that's the sad truth even if you didn't want to hear it.

5: Like seekerblackout already said, they're just toys. Hasbro makes toys for kids. Kids don't give a shit how big or small they are. They play with them regardless. Yes, they know adults collect them too, but their main target audience are kids.

I mean....I could go on....but this really is a beaten horse (though some topics more beaten than this one)......

Sorry if this isn't what you wanted to see posted.

15. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Even more alarming is that gasoline, electricity, soda, and candy have also risen in price as well!!! It's a conspiracy!!!

cant we get over this??

Dotm toys are $7 in my area right now

they were $9 last Christmas

Transformers toys are always their most expensive during this time of year and people complain about it every time.

There are plenty of sales and cheap time through out the year to buy TF's if you feel they current pricing doesn't meet your needs or leave you fufilled.

Personally I think you need to walk around the toy section and look at the crazy prices 3" and 6" action figures are currently at, or legos, or hot wheels, or every other toyline that's been around for more then a few years.

TF's are still the most bang for your buck out of any american toyline

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.