Transformer commercial

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by BUCKWILD, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BUCKWILD

BUCKWILD Member

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2SDMmAjw0T4&mode=related&search=

I just found this commercial on Youtube. It shows that "Alternators" style Transformers CAN work in live action. I'm still looking forward to seeing the movie but I think Michael bay was BSing us when he said our traditional Transformers wouldn't have worked on the big screen. He just wanted to make it HIS way. That's why its advertised on some posters as Transformers : A Michael Bay film.

2. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not gonna do the whole "Alternators" debate again, but the phrase "A DIRECTOR'S NAME film" is a Director's Guild of America requirement. Look at any modern movie poster to come out of the American studio system, and you'll see that credit. It shows up in the film's credits as well.

It's got nothing to do with Michael Bay and Transformers designs.

3. BUCKWILD

BUCKWILD Member

Sorry but I don't remember that poster "The Matrix: A Wachowsky Bros. film" or "X-Men: A Bryan Singer film"

4. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just because you don't remember it doesn't mean it didn't happen. It isn't always as prominent as Michael Bay's name is on some of the Transformers posters, but then, not all directors have the box office track record/name recognition that Bay does.

Look the posters up online and read the credits block, or pop a DVD into your player and watch the credits. It'll be there.

That credit has got nothing to do with the designs, or Michael Bay's approach to the film.

5. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

lol Did you see how fast that robot was going?!?!? You just kinda wanna go out there and play with him!

BTW We seriously need a chatroom or somethin'

6. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    they could use him on a pro hockey team. but, in argument with the first post, this dude isn't G1 at all. He is in the sense that it doesnt look like "a car exploded all over him" (thanks for that quote, dararex), but at the same time, he's a serious update and doesnt look shit like G1, or even G2 TFs. the boxy cartoon robots from the original series would have looked retarded on screen, in live action.

Well, i take that back. It would work, i guess, but it would look so dumb and unrealistic. Remember, the fact that it's a movie, which has to have a story line that can pull its weight requires these robots to really look alien. Take a look at G1. Do those look like an alien race of robots that have a million years more of technological advancements than we do? Didnt think so.

7. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.