Transformer buffs v.Exact order of the animated series?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Optimism, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Optimism

Optimism Member

Can someone give me the exact order of the different cartoons if you were to watch them from the beggining of the story?

Example:

G1
    G1 Headmasters
    Beast Wars?
    BW2?
    BW3?
    Armada?
    Energon?
    Cybertron?

I'm trying to figure out which ones to buy and how to watch them in succession. Thanks!

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    US Continuity:
    G1 - Beast Wars - Beast Machines

Japanese Continuity:
    G1 (minus rebirth episodes)- Headmasters - Masterforce - Victory - Zone - Beast Wars - Beast Wars Second - Beast Wars Neo

I have no idea how Beast Machines (beast wars returns in japan) fits into continuity, or if it's even supposed to.

Armada - Energon - Cybertron are their own universe in the US. In Japan, Galaxy Force (cybertron) is it's own seperate universe, with Armada (Micron Densestu) and Energon (Superlink) being connected, also in their own universe. RiD/Car Robots also does not fit into any continuity.

3. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Judging from the Beast Wars Second movie,the Japanese BW series seems to run congruently with Beast Wars Second.So then I'd assume that BW Neo ran congruently with BW season 3(US).So I'd venture a guess that Beast Wars Returns could be after Neo

Although I might be over analyzing and like you said BW Returns might not be meant to fit in the Japanese continuity

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Beast Wars Second happens after the first season of Beast Wars, but before seasons two and three (if you go by the airdates, in actual fact it is concurrent).
    Neo takes place after Second, but before Beast Machines / Beast Wars Reborn, which is sort-of in continuity, so far as it got a Japanese release and nothing contradicts it.

The rest is pretty much as stated.

5. Optimism

Optimism Member

My god that's confusing. So if I buy the box set of G1 (the 98 shows), next I would buy Beast Wars 1(?) or headmasters? Headmasters seems to follow the 98th episode?

Thanks A LOT for the help.:hookday 

6. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    It depends which continuity you wish to follow get Beat Wars after G1 for US continuity.

The last few episodes of G1 (The Rebirth) are ignored in Japanese continuity but like stated after G1 its Headmasters.

Thanks valkysas for the list it was just what I was looking for also.

But does anyone know how many episodes are in the armada-energon run?

7. Optimism

Optimism Member

So after G1 (US version) get Beast Wars and not Headmasters. For the Japanese version get G1, then Headmasters, then......?

You can find out how many episodes are included in each series (Armada, Energon, etc) here: http://seibertron.com/cartoons/index.php

It's a damn good reference I've used.

8. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    1. G1
    2. headmasters
    3. Masterforce
    4. Victory
    5. Zone
    6. Beast Wars
    7. Beast Machines
    8. RID (Robots in Disguise)
    9. Armada
    10. Energon
    11. Cybertron

9. Optimism

Optimism Member

You rock. That's the straight forward answer I was looking for. Thanks everyone for the input.

10. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Now as for what's actually out on DVD if you live in the US...

G1 - full series is out, but because the rights to release the DVDs went from Rhino to Sony (I believe) you may have to get used copies. The movie will be re-released as a special edition in early November -11/7/06!

Headmasters- available from the British company Metrodome as a Region "0" release. This means you can play the DVDs on your computer but not on your normal DVD player.

Masterforce - see comments on Headmasters.

Victory - Also coming from Metrodome, but I don't know if it's out yet.

Zone - not on US DVD. I think there was only one episode anyway.

Beast Wars - all 3 seasons available on US DVD

Beast Machines - available as one box set on US DVD

RID - not available on US DVD, but available in the UK

Armada - available on US DVD. Two box sets. Part two will be released in late September I believe.

Energon - random episodes available on a couple of US DVDs

Cybertron - random episodes available on a couple of US DVDs...I think.

11. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Masterforce and Victory are Region 2, not Region 0. Because Sony now holds the rights to the Region 1 Transformers DVDs, they stopped Metrodome making the sets Region-free. Victory is out shortly, incidentally.
    There is only the one episode of Zone, there's been talk of that coming out in the UK as well, but I don't know what's up with that. Chris McFeely, who helps out Metrodome, posts here from time to time about the status of TF DVDs in the UK, so watch for his posts, he's a great guy.

12. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Region 0 means it will play on any DVD player in the world, there is no region lock. It will work on your DVD player not just your PC.

I get many Region 0 DVDs every month and they all work fine on any DVD player.

13. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

Does anyone know where I can get these online? I live in the US. Thanks!

14. Fairlady_Z

Sol Fury - Well that totally sucks if Masterforce and Victory are only Region 2. I hope Sony gets off their butts and releases some of this stuff starside (if they have the right to release Headmastes, Masterforsce and Victory). If not, I'm pretty sure that Sony did get the rights to G.I. Joe and Jem though when they got G1. So Sony still need to get off their butts and release the last box sets of both those series! Oh, and it would be very cool if Metrodome did get the rights to include Zone (and Scramble City) in one of their box sets.

Koji Berserk - My DVD player is kinda old and won't play region "0" no matter what I do. But my computer has no trouble at all.

Gort - Metrodome does have a website. I don't know offhand what it is though. But when I clicked on the buy Headmasters link at Metrodome's site it took me to a site called Moviemail.com I ordered from Moviemail and was quite satisfied with their service. I don't know what the exact exchange rate was, but I think the price averages out to $75-80 US. And if your looking for someone to convert anything region 2 to region 1 might I suggest tracking down your nearest Indian grocery store (that's Indian as in India not Native American) who usually offer the service of converting DVD and VHS for about $15 per movie.

15. Optimism

Optimism Member

16. Fairlady_Z

Chinese means they're probably bootlegs. But I could be wrong.

17. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    They're only the English dubs, though, and those are dead poor. Metrodome's are subtitled with the original Japanese audio, which makes them a lot more appealing to me.

18. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Coo-ee!

I don't precisely know what Victory's original release date of early September has been amended to, but it won't be long - I'll be going through the final stages of quality-checking it next week, so its almost done. Zone and Scramble City are planned for inclusion on the upcoming 20th Anniversary release of the movie.

19. Fairlady_Z

Zone and Scramble City will be extras for the 11/7/06 release? Are you serious?! Can you tell us more? Is this only for the UK release of the new movie DVD or will the US release get it too? I'm a bit confused because we have the Metrodome Special edition of the movie which came out last year (I have it and doesn't have Zone or Scramble City) and the new special editon that is also the 20th Anniversary release due out in two months. If you could explain this Chris, I'd apreciate it.