Video: Transformer Animation

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Teletran-1, Feb 19, 2007.

1. Teletran-1

Teletran-1 Well-Known Member

Hey, I did this for a student film, The music is miscredited, it should be Vince DiCola from the TFTM soundtrack this is the temp version before it had final music and sound. I didn;t get to finish it cause I ran outta time but there's supposed to a transformation and an ending. The animation's a little floaty cause I'm still new to 3D but any crits'd be cool

http://www.mrdowntown.com/movie_smaller.mov

Graeme

2. Simian

Simian Biscuits and Gravy....???

News Credits:
    I would love to see this completed..it is really good work..the action and editing are perfect..as well as the the modeling and art work....nice....:thumb 

3. chubbzilla

chubbzilla One shall stand...

thats brilliant i wanna see da whole thing............ :(  but well done

4. Trypitcon

Trypitcon No, I can't spell.

I really dig the facial animation. I think you did a great job turning the 2D faces from the cartoon into 3D versions. :thumb 

5. Teletran-1

cool, thanks guys, yeah I was definately going for the G1 cartoon look. Yeah hopefully I'll still finish it soon and fix some problems, but I have a young kid now so it's not lookin likely soon. I had a rough transformation done so it sucks I didn't get to stick it in, thanks for the comments

Graeme

6. Skunky

Skunky Well-Known Member

Wow, that's great, looks quite a bit like the Beast Wars style aside from the cel-shadeish explosions. Were smoke trails for the missiles one of the difficulties you faced in the project? Would have been interesting to see some using the same effect as the explosions.

7. CSpuppydog

CSpuppydog Well-Known Member

Woah... that is really kewl!

8. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

I disagree I LOVED the cell shaded fire.

In the middle of a very nice (for a student film) CGI animation, you get a kinda of Samurai Jack vibe. If anything the attacking ship was to dark and featureless. And even though your Hero let off a half dozen shots none of the missles seemed to be hit.

But I'd love to watch your style evolve.

9. Teletran-1

Skunky- yeah, I was gonna do the missile smoke next. I thought I was gonna get it done but the explosion took more time than I thought, the missile trails would have been 2D too though cause I definately didn't have enough time to figure out how to make good FX in 3D but I knew I could draw them in Flash.

After the last scene, it cuts back to the explosion and a missile shoots out, the car turns around and drives off screen and the missile chases for a couple scenes until he boosts off a jump/ramp into the air, transforms and falls to the ground and the missile flies over him up into the sky to blow up the ship thing.

Infosaur- I agree about the featurelessness of the ship, I just threw something together cause I spent all the time on the robot, thanks a lot, Can't lose with Samurai Jack

Thanks guys

10. Yurre

Yurre I want space nachos XD

I'll deffinetly keeping an eye on this thread.. would love to see a fan made GC transformers movie... I can help with some funding and maybe some script writing...

11. Matt Nelson

Matt Nelson Sinner

Personally, I thought the cel-shaded explosions were the coolest-looking part. I'd like to see the whole thing done that way. The expressiveness of his face is fantastic as well.

Matt

12. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

Awesome video! Facial expression, cel shading and the missles were cool.

13. Teletran-1

thanks guys, yeah i definately am more comfortable drawing than in 3D right now, but it just works so nicely for transformers I had to try it. Glad to hear you guys liked the expression cause I wasn't sure if they were strong enough, if I finish this up, I'll post the final version

Graeme

14. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    thats awesome! especially when his alt mode is bouncing around after the xplosion that was some nice detail.