Transformer 20th anniversary DVD release

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by tigeraikidragon, Nov 15, 2006.

1. tigeraikidragon

tigeraikidragon Member

Hello, As you know I am Deaf and a transformer fan as well as voltron. I know from the old transformer movie it is not closed caption. I wonder if this 20 anniversary transformer dvd release has close caption or English sub title. On the dvd it says it's caption. But lately with all the new release I find out it's one thing or another no matter what the cover say. So can anybody please tell snap one into the dvd and find out for me. Thank you in advance, Joey

2. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    If someone doesn't do so before I get home from work, I will take a couple screen captures to show the English subtitles.

3. Schnafe

Schnafe .-. --- -... --- - ...

News Credits:
    I just put it in and checked. The movie itself is close captioned. I don't think any of the extras are though. It's too bad they didn't subtitle the movie in English. From what I can see they only did it in Spanish and French.

4. tigeraikidragon

tigeraikidragon Member

I could care less about the extras. When it come to making the extra closed caption, nobody in the video business give a rat's ass about Deaf people, want proof, turn on the caption and watch the weather channel or the weather part in the news.

If the movie itself is caption, I'm happy and will it get.

5. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

I can confirm that it does have closed captioning as well. I couldn't get any screen caps off my comp due to it not actually getting the captions ( and I forgot about Alt+ Print Screen) but I do have this scan of the back of the case, it has Closed Captioning listed with the audio options under where it states Easter Eggs on Both Discs.

[​IMG]

6. Shogi

Shogi Well-Known Member

Actually I work in a Television station and can explain why there are usually very little to no captions on weather:

All the news stories are written by the producer and the anchors in advance of the show, so they make it into the teleprompter (which is also where the closed caption commes from) However, the weather person NEVER has a script or anything pre written. They all typically are just "freestyling" (so to speak) when on the air. No one know what they'll say until the say it.

However I do believe that they could at least toss in a small weather update like "It'll be 80 degrees and windy with a slight chance of rain today" It would take only a few seconds to type that up and put it into the teleprompter