Transformation Difficulty

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jayeljay, Jun 29, 2009.

1. jayeljay

jayeljay New Member

I'm trying to figure out one to get that, even after figured out, is still something of a pain to go from one mode to the other. As such, I thought I should get an idea of what people thought was, for them, the hardest transformer to transform. So, for you, what is the hardest transformer to transform, and why is it the hardest?

2. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

RID Ultra Magnus was kind of tough for me, but I was in first grade back then.

3. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

Movie Skywarp. >.<

4. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

ROTF Optimus Prime, without a doubt.

5. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    If you really want a challenge why not go for a MP? MP Megatron, OP, etc.

ROTF leader class OP is kinda tough as well.

6. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Decending for hardest to least hardest:

Fracking MP Megatron. After transforming him a few times, he's staying in robot mode forever.

Cyberton Deluxe Smokescreen. To robot mode is fine, but getting him back to car is a hassle.

TFM07 Concept Camaro BB. I don't know why people praise that mold. It's not hard to transform, but I am sick of all the little bits falling off of him EVERY time-including his head.

ROTF Skids and Mudflap. Who thought of that roof hinge?

That's it so far. :) 

7. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    MP Megatron and Surprisingly SWTF Darth Vater.

I haven't had much difficulty with any other TFs.

8. megatron784

megatron784 Well-Known Member

when i first got the alterntors, i thought they were a bit difficult to transform and for some reason when i first bought universe galvatron, it took me a min to transform him because he was the first TF i bought since beast wars, so i hadnt transformed anything for a while. hah, now i laugh about it.

9. jayeljay

jayeljay New Member

I've thought about Masterpiece Megatron, but I heard he is terribly fragile. I don't want to pay upwards of 100$ for a transformer that I can't transform for fear of breaking him. As to RotF Leader Optimus Prime, I've got an eye on him. I've also heard that R.I.D. Side Burn is difficult to Transform, any truth to that?

10. Sinestro

Sinestro Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ROTF Prime, had him for exactly a week and only managed to get the truck mode today:eek: 

11. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

^^sideburn and a lot of of the alternator-like rid molds are kinda tricky but nothing that hard

trans-scanning prime. after struggling to get everything inside the sleeper section, everything falls apart everytime you move something else. my most difficult figure, definitely harder than rotf prime

12. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

YES. You think some of the Movie Deluxes are bad? His robot mode is nowhere near symetrical, and I need brute force to get that damned wheel into his chest, and the hood/door pannels just hang off the back( I picked My Super-mode Side Burn up at a flea market, though, and it's in pretty crappy condition with the gun and the right foot missing, as well as the roof having been hot-glued back together and bad paintwear. I've transformed it maybe 3 times, then put it back into car mode and haven't touched it since).

For other TF's that are hard to TF, I second the Concept BB mold, I haven't gotten him back into car mode without some part fold back in after I lock another part back together.

Alt. Skids is also pretty complex, but it's mainly that I have a hard time getting the sholder pannels to lock into the hood section, as the hood section can be in three different places where the head locks into it, and it's just guess and check.

13. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    SWTF Death Star Vader.

Fucking pain in the arse.

14. Autobotic9

Autobotic9 Well-Known Member

I don't mind any transformation, as long as their aren't any potentially stressing tabs or pegs.

15. Bilbo Boxhead

Bilbo Boxhead Geewunners GTFO

I got TF07 voyager Ironhide almost 2 years ago and never could get him back into his truck mode then.And then 2 years later I can transform him back to truck mode just fine, but I'm missing his roof piece :banghead: 

16. nintendocon

nintendocon Autocon

I find the megatron and bumblebee to be quite easy, now voyager cybertron soundwave is another story.

17. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

I love the R.I.D. molds! Just give them a little pep talk before you attempt transformation and they'll be completely cool to work with! :lol 

I'll throw in my vote for SWTF Death Star Darth Vader. Lining the panels up in Death Star mode is definitely more difficult that it needs to be, I think.

18. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Mp Megatron probably tops the list due a combination of complexity and fragility, as well as fear of breaking a somewhat expensive, difficult to return, toy.

For mainline North American toys, its probably ROTF Prime.

19. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Worst for me is ROTF Leader Prime who nearly transformed ME the first time through. Quite an ordeal. Made me feel like an old man trying to program a VCR. "Damn this new technology!"

Second place goes to Beast Wars Neo Big Convoy who makes me sweat and raises my blood pressure every time due to a combination of complexity and parts popping off. Totally wouldn't be worth the process if there wasn't a freakin' wooly mammoth at the end of it.

20. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Big Convoy, Alt Grimlock.