Transform and Roll Out Hova (Masterpiece-Style Jazz)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Primeconvoy1, May 27, 2015.

1. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

Exactly. I was in on this figure before we had another Jazz because it was the first but once Downbeat arrived it vanished from memory. Now it doesn't even come with his rocket launcher. I love accurate paint jobs but getting the bot right first matters more than anything. From the video it looked like a QC mess.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    AFAIK the only version we’re getting has the full livery. It may be possible to remove some of it though.
    I assume the white is unpainted? Should make it easier to remove any logos I don’t want.

The side by sides really emphasise the strengths and weaknesses of the mould. The alt mode looks great!!! Super sleek and accurate.
    Bot mode is seriously fugly. The massive chest from front or side angles. The awkward legs. Downbeat kills it in bot.
    But this will be my alt mode version.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Big Bronze Rim

Big Bronze Rim ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In car mode it looks great, bot mode, not so much. I don't hate it, but it looks inferior to Downbeat IMO.

• Like Like x 2
  4. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    damn this picture makes him look better than DB, once you throw the wheels on the shoulder and the door wings up all he's missing is the panel behind his head, better job than DB which only has the collapsing chest to make it not so wide working in his favor over the rest

5. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I don't care for the giant overhang chest myself.

6. Sonofadefro

Sonofadefro Don't waste food. I'll keel you

Lmao they all have a chest that sticks out, so why make a mountain out of a well, hill(cuz like, the chest sticks out like a hill, geddit?)? I love that the bot mode has display options, and in my opinion, DB and Hova scratches a different kind of itch, a different kind of purpose. Personally, I couldn't care for DB. the car mode just didn't cut it. The lack of paint just bugs me- especially at the asking price. All in all, it goes down to what you want in your collection and what suits you better. And if anything, I think a big chest is a good thing:rolleyes: . I just wish the shoulders weren't sooo wide. But that's just a nitpick. I just hope the quality is as good as the finish

7. GRAW

GRAW Fulfill Your Destiny

News Credits:
  8. DashCourageous

DashCourageous Greetings Programs! TFW2005 Supporter

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Is DB the only one with a tabbing plate under the chest?o_O 

9. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  10. MysticFortune

MysticFortune Well-Known Member

The plastic black clip pieces for the shoulders seem like they would be very prone to breakage. They are essentially performing double duty here with the way they are designed to both clip on either side of the slide rail for tires out toy display and tab in and squeeze past the fender for tires hidden toon display. On to the legs which seem fairly solid with exception of the rear fenders and tires that seem to simply be held in place by friction. There also appears to be absolutely zero foot articulation unless you release the transformation shin tab. Then there's the chest... That small little grey clip doesn't appear to hold the chest in place too securely, which puts add tension on the previously mentioned shoulder clips. This thing had so much potential... there are some clever engineering tricks here and there, but then there are some real blunders.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sayroll

Sayroll Member

I kind of like the legs seen from the rear. I'd like to get it just for the alt mode, but my Downbeat all stickered up IMG_8879.JPG is pretty nice though.

12. redrum2581

Ebay:
    [​IMG]
    this is why big chest and fenders on the legs don't bother me, they're supposed to be there :cool: 

• Like Like x 7
  13. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:

• Like Like x 3
  14. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't understand a word but he's looking more solid in this video. I wonder if the Generations Jazz head will fit the ball joint on this... Hmm...

There are still some issues I have with the robot mode and the finish which I'm sure a TT MP Jazz wouldn't suffer from but at the same time I'm not sure I have much faith in an official version being faithful to the real world livery that we have here.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  15. fearthehoss75

fearthehoss75 Well-Known Member

If that chest slide back about 1-2 cm his proportions would be leauges better. Still gonna get one though

16. LeakinLubricant

LeakinLubricant Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I was already balls deep in for this fella, but that video just confirmed it for me. He's looking really solid in both modes, I'm liking the different options for the lower leg kibble and think that rotating them to have the wheels facing back looks really good. And that paint! Really nice finish.

17. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like my robots the same way I like my womens: STACKED! :p 

They're isn't much of any significant difference in these two. Mostly an illusion as Hova's hood is lower and the front overhang is not as thick.

• Like Like x 1
  18. redrum2581

Ebay:
    the missing rocket launcher is the only fault i can find, i knew i should've bought a bunch of 3rd party BT/Alt launchers when they were available.....maybe i can find some on ebay

19. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ooh - good call. I still have a couple of sets so hoping I can find a way to connect one!

• Like Like x 1
  20. tk7261

tk7261 Well-Known Member

Not that it matters now, but I was messing around editing, and I made a version of this that's supposed to look like if they actually produced the original renders. I really love how this looks, too bad we never got him. All I did on the one was curve the pecs like how they were, but it really makes the chest look less wide and shaped more like the toon. You can just pretend in your brain like the shoulders collapse in since they are up in this photo. I cropped out his legs too, so use your imagination with that. Man, could have been epic. Car mode is still epic!!

jazz1.jpg JZ edit 2.png