#TransfomersReboot

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by tfreboot, Jul 11, 2014.

1. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    #hashtag

2. blueandwhite

blueandwhite Well-Known Member

If money talks, why would they reboot the franchise? Despite being panned by critics, AOE is raking it in at the box office just like the previous three movies did. Face it; a reboot isn't happening anytime soon.

3. celticgaurdian

celticgaurdian Clean-up Crew

#ienjoyviolentdeathsandmakingita"familymovie"wouldtakethataway, #kidsalreadyhaverescuebots, #leavethemoviesfortheadults/teenagers

4. Galvatron II

Galvatron II I can type whatever here?

Anything from Pixar has more intellectual maturity than the entirety of the Transformers movies. I'd say any single scene from Pixar, but dammit, added together, the Transformers movies are just barely smarter than a few moments from Cars 2.

They're not for adults. They're just for teenagers.

Angry, frustrated, confused teenaged boys...

5. emoo

emoo Well-Known Member

^This

^ And especially this

6. TrailbreakerADK

TrailbreakerADK Defense Strategist

It's wishful thinking, yes. But I think the franchise seriously needs to take a page from Pixar's playbook. Because I try to look at this thing from the perspective of a parent with small children. Would Mom and Dad want their six-year-old watching a movie where Optimus Prime slices Lockdown's face in half?

Also Pixar has done an "action" movie: The Incredibles. Though they don't show it explicitly, people die some pretty gruesome deaths in that movie.

7. Galvatron II

Galvatron II I can type whatever here?

The idea that this thread should be locked just for being baffles me. Maybe for the immediate, unnecessarily vicious response, but once people actually started discussing the topic, there would be no reason to lock it other than that you might not like it personally.

8. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Don't show it? They literally run a slide show of people dying when Edna goes on a rant about capes on costumes.

And then later when it's brought back as a lethal brick joke when you-know-what happens.

9. TrailbreakerADK

I said "explicitly." Like, we don't actually see a certain character actually get grounded up by a jet turbine, but it's definitely implied.

Cut me some slack, it's been a long time since I've watched it.

10. celticgaurdian

Yeah I'm aware of the fact that Pixar has more "intellectual maturity" than the current Transformers series. But Transformers is a different property than what Pixar is accustomed to. Toy Story: Two toys find their owner, Monsters Inc.: Two monsters return a toddler, Cars: A race car discovers that different people can be friends, The Incredibles: Superheros save the day, Finding Nemo: A father finds his son.

Transformers: A giant alien robot warlord commits genocide on his own people, tries to enslave humanity, and causes a war that lasts for eternity. Yeah, real kid friendly

In my personal opinion, Pixar is for idealists. They show their audience the way the world should be, but it's not always like that.

11. random dude

random dude Well-Known Member

RIGHT! The Incredibles that movie completely slipped my mind and I agree completely. Proves the guy I was replying to completely wrong because that movie WAS pretty damn violent and as with most if not all of Pixar's other films very mature very well written and character driven Transformers under the helm of their people would actually be pretty great. At the very least like you said Hasbro should take a couple cues from them on making a perfectly kids friendly yet mature Transformers family film.

12. TrailbreakerADK

Give Monsters University a watch. The whole moral of that movie is one of the most cynical ones Pixar has ever showcase.

13. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Actually, in Monsters Inc. it's outright stated IIRC that the kid is going to die should the Scream-Extractor be allowed to do its job.

And Toy Story? Sid. Every single toy Sid gets his hands on gets brutally mutilated at best.

Sure, Pixar films are bright and cheerful, but peel away that layer and what you find can be extremely jarring. Except if it's a Cars film. Cars pretty much is idealized purely because it's Disney's big toy fanchise at the moment.

14. celticgaurdian

I'd just like to take the time to point this out. I don't hate Pixar or anything. I like their movies, I'd just rather see a more "gritty" reboot I suppose. Not like Christopher Nolan gritty, I'd still like for there to be some fun left, but maybe something like The Winter Soldier gritty, or Rise of the Planet of the Apes gritty.

Something for adults that kids can also watch, while not necessarily having it geared towards them. Y'know?

15. random dude

random dude Well-Known Member

Don't cut out important details just to make something suit your argument. "The Incredibles: Superheros save the day" Yeah if you want to go there then you could say the same damn thing about all the amazing Marvel films even the apparently ultra mature Dark Knight films

It's more like:

Incredibles: genius black market arms dealer/ former fan of heroes tracks down and murders all the superheroes in the world in order to create the ultimate weapon for a terrorist attack that only he can control and destroy in order to cash in on playing both sides of a war started by him. Only stopped when his former idol/would be victim turns out to have a family with superpowers. A film with mature undertones "remember your Saturday morning cartoons these men are not like them they will not hesitate to kill you" children forced to kill the villain's army of henchmen in order to survive. Seriously there's a lot of action and actually quite a few on screen deaths yet it's perfectly family friendly and unlike Transformers it's actually character driven with a well written much less convoluted plot. When you think about the gravity of what's going on in that film man YES Transformers does seem pretty damn kid friendly in comparison.

Pixar can make an action film with all the violence you want in a much more tasteful package

And about Pixar being "idealistic" you know what's idealistic? War being so clear cut. Thinking that there's true heroes standing up for freedom in war and bad guys that do what they do because they're nothing but evil. Transformers is idealistic Pixar movies they're fantastical but their messages are more mature more realistic than anything you see in Transformers.

16. TrailbreakerADK

See guys? We have a discussion going!

Anyways, I also want to point out that Pixar knows how to deal with character deaths. In fact, the theme of death and loss is central to the plot of one of their more recent flicks, and they knocked it out of the freakin' park. (I won't say which one it is, since it's a major spoiler, but those who have seen it know what I'm talking about.)

17. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Well-Known Member

#This

18. Lord Person

Lord Person housequake!

News Credits:
    #weshouldtalkinhashtagsmoreoften

#ibullshitalotofthetime

#holyshitthisisalongasshashtaglololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol

#thisthreadisgarbagetimes1000

19. TrailbreakerADK

#hashtaggingintensifies

20. celticgaurdian

[​IMG]

Not really relevant to what you said, I just really wanted to use this meme