Transfomers Live Action Movies 10th Anniversary Celebration

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Sol Fury, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    So. Ten years ago today, myself and a whole lot of others were in Rhode Island at Botcon 2007, sitting down to the exclusive premiere of Transformers.

I thought this would be a good point to launch our celebration of the 10th anniversary of the Movie series, so check out part 1 of our special series of articles commemorating the event.

10 Years of Transformers at the Movies! - Transformers News - TFW2005

Part 2: The top battles (by SilverOptimus)

Transformers Live Action Movie Series: The Top Battles - Transformers News - TFW2005

Part 3: About the characters...

Transformers Live Action Movies and the Question of Characters - Transformers News - TFW2005

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 26
  2. THE-TRANSFORMER

THE-TRANSFORMER Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For some reason, there was a global premiere in Sydney Australia with Michael Bay.

I was able to attend, see the movie, then fly to Botcon, Rhode Island and watch it all again. Surely I wasn't the only Aussie who did that?

• Like Like x 6
  3. Bobby Bolivia

Bobby Bolivia Active Member

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Wonderful article, its sad to see the franchise go down like this, this first movie was something special. I remember watching it in theaters back when I wasn\'t really familiar with transformers, and it blew my mind, so simple and so entertaining. A whole new generation got into Transformers, and the toy line was approaching its peak. I\'m not as young anymore, but I hope kids can experience this same feeling towards Transformers in the near future!

• Like Like x 14
  4. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    10 years of terrible plot hole filled garbage. I'm glad Bay is done(or at least says he is done this time) maybe we'll get a proper story even though I have a feeling we are stuck with this shitty movieverse

• Like Like x 7
  5. Unicron the Chaos Bringer

Unicron the Chaos Bringer Harbinger of death

News Credits:
    The 1st movie was actually quite good in my opinion despite some of the unnecessary dialogue and scenes, after all this was the movie that made me reinvest attention into this franchise. Although the movieverse wasnt perfect, I feel that it probably has impacted countless people, and many more who will go on to carry on the legacy of this franchise. The movies were sorta bad I'll admit but they did their job to get more people invested into this franchise

• Like Like x 8
  6. MetalStorm

MetalStorm Click Click Boom!

Wonder what the future of Transformers would had been if the movies never happened. The movies have been pretty decent and some of the toys have been pretty kickass. Hope Bay sticks around in some of his capacity, love the work he has done with the military.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jazzmustlive123

Jazzmustlive123 jazz died thinking he's the coolest

This is truly amazing, when I was 3 I saw the first movie. I barely remember any of it but I remember leaving the theater in a way that changed me as a kid. Ever since then I've been a fan of transformers, and since then I've seen every film opening day and I'm not stopping that tradition anytime soon. TRANSFORMERS FOR LIFE!!!!!!!

"TILL ALL ARE ONE"

• Like Like x 8
  8. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Well-Known Member

I love Transformers 1. Too bad that 1. I didn't get into Transformers until ROTF. 2. Something went wrong in between the production of TF1 and ROTF that ruined all the sequels.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I remember when I seen the first Transformers movie ten years ago, it made me to get back into collecting again.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Someone here recently said "Did Michael Bay change your life? No!"
    But I *tears* can proudly say

YES!!!
    It's hard to remember who I was before I became a fan! I was almost 17 years-old girl who just finished her school years. I was feeling that something important would have soon happened in my life. I was preparing to entering exams in university when some day (maybe around 28th June) I've seen an advertisement of Transformers on TV and said to my father - "Dad we should go to this Movie!" I knew almost nothing about Transformers... I was expecting nothing...
    I and my dad went to Moscow. I passed exam on Math, then on Physics. It was 6th July... And after a good mark on Physics we decided to go to the theater. It was Theater "Pervomayskiy", 16:40, 18th row, 34th seat. When my life changed forever... When we went out from the theater my heart was full of... Full of love! I just wasn't understanding it that time. I remember how I was laying at night and thinking "My God, this Movie is better then Star Wars!:lol " I failed the exams and was very depressed, but 10th July my mom has bought me a magazine "Мир Фантастики" with my fate on the cover and my first poster. And I have thought "My God! Why I'm depressed? I have Transformers!"
    And now when I rewatch TF1 I have so much special emotions! It's our beginning, the base where everything was forged! All 4 films are passing in front of me. ROTF, rainy Shanghai, Philadelphia’s forest full of soul-ripping pain and sunny Egypt full of belief... Sentinel's betrayal in DOTM, Canaveral farewell and faith for victory in Chicago... Dusty Texas in AOE full of loneliness and hope, orange Monument Valley full of joy and green cliffs of humid China, Dinobots and Autobots on their back are rushing to Hong Kong in passionate elan... And all because of love to their family, because of kind human heart which gives them hope. Which gives them what they were searching among the stars... Love... Trust... Home...

10 years! In Augest 2007 I've found TFW! In 2008 we all was waiting ROTF! In 2009 I lived through ROTF and understood that Transformers are viable part of my life. That when they're suffering - I'm suffering too... In 2010 I've got my first TF toy, Buster Optimus Prime! I hadn't a credit card and BBTS hadn't delivery to Russia. But I managed to fulfill my dream! And since then I understood that there is nothing impossible in this world. Oh, yeah, and I registered at TFW, my internet home:D  In 2011 I was attending to premiere of DOTM in Moscow (through making Sideswipe costume)! In 2012 I flew to another continent to another country to see Transformers the Ride in sunny Hollywood... In 2013 my father suddenly died, and because of waiting of AOE and trip to Chicago I overcame one of the darkest moments in my life. In 2014 AOE blazed in theaters! In 2015 I managed to reach even amazing Wulong valley and repeat the way of Michael Bay and co in China! In 2016 I was standing in 3 steps in front of him and looking for 1 minute to his eyes. Oh, guys, I saw so much in them! And several days after I was standing under London's rain and hearing the roaring of Bumblebee! Am I happy? I just haven't such question for 10 years already! And, yeah, maybe TLK is not so perfect as I expected, anyway when I go out from the theater and understand that all my heroes are alive and tomorrow I'll finally go to my native TFW... this moments - are always ones of the most important and certainly the most happy in my LIFE!
    THANK YOU, MICHAEL BAY AND EVERYONE WHO GAVE THIS AMAZING MOVIES FOR US!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 16
  11. Prime17

Prime17 Seeker

News Credits:
    The first movie will always have a special place in my heart. It rejuvenated my 9-year old self's love for Transformers and after 10 years of toys, cartoons, movies, video games, and comics, I'm lucky to be a fan of such a great franchise.

• Like Like x 4
  12. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Always need a reminder that it's been 10 years of whiny fanboys and "ruined forever" childhood tropes, too.

• Like Like x 13
  13. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i cant think of one trasnformers situation that had good story good bots vs bad bots bad want ttake over universe good stops them differnt look on bots same outcome

was hoping for soemthing more difficult to answer if it wasnt for movies we back where transformers fans where 1997going on trasnformers sites just talking about new toys in toyfair, games, statues, clothing , transfomrer conventions, cartoon shows nothing more after that,.

now that movies have been made trasnfomrers fans have grown into bigger crowd may not be on fan sites but by people who not connected and do not know about trasnfromers news transformers sites trasnformers have became populare again when it was back in 80's with generation toys and cartoons with whole new realistic look to them some comedy stuff is bad some comedy stuff in movies are good and better that is shown in cartoons and comics i perfer comedy in movies cartoons and comics should stay serious with trasnformers with no comedy in comics,

fans or people want to admit or not half fans may not like bay movies but who will they blame if they do not like bumblebee solo or the next trasnfomrers movie sequel they can not blame bay for it if he is not part of it no more becareful what you wish for some times new isnt always better batman seriers tim burton movies better batman 3 & 4 without tim burton not good to colorful to much comedy and batnipples if half fans be happy with new director they have no one to blame when they dont like other movies that bay is not part of movies are 90 percent simalr to comics and cartoons in every way

• Like Like x 1
  14. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

Since some people are reminiscing, I think I'll join in. I had never heard of Transformers (I was only 9 years old), but at the time I was starting to get into those B-movie films that aired of the SyFy channel. When I saw this film on the movie rack at Wal-Mart, I begged my parents to get it for me because I thought it was just another B-movie film. I was honestly blown away by it. And when I finally got my parents to watch it, they were amazed at the special effects, especially the scene where Bumblebee touches the AllSpark and it shrinks. The films isn't flawless but if there's one awesome thing about it, it's that it introduced lots of people to the world of Transformers. People can bash these films all they want, I'll still continue supporting these movies.

• Like Like x 1
  15. fishpop

fishpop Squishy

Ebay:
    So far i\'ve seen all 5 in my local cinema.
    I saw TLK yesterday. (27th)
    I don\'t regret it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. requiem801

requiem801 Masterpiece Nutjob

I actually really enjoyed the first one - and since I worked in a movie theater when it came out, I was able to see it several more times. Whether people like to admit it or not, we owe Bay - his films made Transformers profitable again.

• Like Like x 1
  17. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Emperor Of Destruction

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I've seen the first 4 movies in theaters too (ROTF and DOTM I saw 3 times each), and if I'm off Tuesday, then sure as Hell I'm seeing Last Knight.

18. hendrijr

hendrijr Well-Known Member

The first movie was a great story and experience. It was evident that Spielberg had a very large guiding hand through the whole affair. Sadly ROTF and then DOTM each had a noticeable drop-off in quality. AOE sealed the deal for me. Bring Spielberg back to the forefront on these movies and I promise you they will be good again. If you can\'t get him then go after Abrams or the Duffer Brothers. 

• Like Like x 5
  19. Bumblejazz

Bumblejazz Autobot

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    Wow. 3. I was 19 when it came out. I still love the first movie.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    Bravo Sol, an extremely well-written article. They encapsulate my feelings towards the film nearly perfectly.

The franchise has evolved amazingly since the first installment, going bigger and bigger with more and more "out-there" plots. Which can be fun its own right, but that first one, where the Transformers themselves provided all the spectacle you needed, will always be the most magical. With all its flaws it still has a permanent place in my list of most personally enjoyable movies that will ever be made.

• Like Like x 4