Transfomers 3

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Mega-con, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Mega-con

Mega-con Autocon

Ebay:
    Cybertron.

Would any of you prefer they they shift the movie back to Cybertron, as in a return-to-home or war-ending type plot?

I guess the biggest problem would be that the Transformers would no longer need their alternate modes. I could care less, but Hasbro might have an issue with that.

Thoughts?

2. Jetcols

Jetcols Elite Guard

News Credits:
    If it was all set on Cybertron, with no alt modes or humans it would just be a really good CGI film.

3. Mega-con

Mega-con Autocon

Ebay:
    Yeah, I was thinking more of a 50/50 or even 60% Earth and 40% Cybertron. As long as the plot was Transformers going back to Cybertron.

4. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You mean just the same robots, just on Cybertron the whole film?

It would be cool, but nearly impossible.

Do you know how much that would cost? Let's just say, A LOT.

5. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It would be cool if Michael Bay followed in his idol James Cameron's path by making a primarily computer-generated, photorealistic film set on another world, but I deem it not only unlikely due to budgetary and timing reasons, but also because Bay has stated he likes his action grounded and explosions and crashes for real. Besides, where's the threat if Unicron consumes a dead world? I'd concur if the third film visited Cybertron it'd be a lower fraction of the storyline where the characters have to find a plot device or another character (eg. Omega Supreme, the Last Autobot, Primus himself, Lord knows what might be inhabiting the planet now all the Transformers are gone...)

6. Mega-con

Mega-con Autocon

Ebay:
    I still think they can manage to create a set that could substitute as Cybertron and save money on CGI. And it doesn't have to take place on Cybertron the entire movie, just be about the return to Cybertron.

7. Alienbot

News Credits:
    D'oh, forgot movies still use sets. :lolol 

8. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

No can-do on having all of TF-3 set on Cybertron. Maybe if they have to return to Cybertron for something vital to end the war, so to speak, in this trilogy that the crew seems to have set up here. But other than that, no setting the movie entirely on Cybertron.

9. Cyberjet #7

Cyberjet #7 Banned

War-ending? Than how would Hasbro make all their repaints?

10. jadtdt

jadtdt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Every 'bot gets little white flag emblems painted on.

11. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

primus battle unicorn in human form in beginning of tf 3 movie - primus into planet cybertron - end of tf 3 movie is planet cybertron transform into primus the robot - primus help autobots defed unicorn and decepticons

12. the man

the man I iz a Roadbuster fan

:lolol  primus vs unicorn=big mystical mess

13. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    Two giant alien robot-planets? God, think of the cost!

14. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Guys, come on! You know that Megatron must be stopped, no matter the cost. In all seriousness, Cybertorn, which would probaby be all CGI, shouldn't replace real set pieces, because that would make everything look way too artificial, and Bay likes the challenge of using real stunts on all non-bots stuff.

I'm more concerned about characters. I think we'll see Unicron, but I want Prowl, Wheeljack, Shockwave, and the Seekers to appear.

15. PrimePower04

PrimePower04 I got the touch!

I think it may be a possibility we see a 5-10 minute CGI of cybertron in ROTF..what do you think?... and maybe another scene or 2 in TF3 but i like how it is...

Those of you suggesting Unicron battle vs. primus..please stop!!

maybe they could mention primus and unicron in the movie verse, but hopefully its a past tense reference...I hope the writers create a new threat..and to stop it Prime finds the matrix or something!

16. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree with you. I'm not saying Cybertron is out of the question, I just doubt the majority of a film would take place there. Especially since we'll be looking at the Fallen and other ancient TFs, I think we'll get a good look.

17. Zombiedude

Zombiedude Junkion Warrior

Considering in the movieverse, Cybertron is a derelict planet with the entire race of transformers scattered across the universe, I think a return trip to the planet is really, really unlikely.

18. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I don't know I just don't see it being set entirely on Cybertron. Autobots and humans are just something that seems to be the peanut butter and jelly of the universe. You just sort of need the meat bags around sort of like how you couldn't have a Futurama movie with just Bender. So who want's to drag the humans all the way to Cybertron when it could save a lot of plot time to just set the movie on Earth?

Unless Cybertron changes from the first film the place seemed a bit dark, busy and metal colored so from a visual stand point I think the robots might look better with an Earth back drop. Hopefully a well lit back drop and none of this dark alley stuff.

Besides it's in Bay's contract to blow something bigger up each movie so by the time we get to the third film he should be ready to blow up Cybertron. Sort of his chance to see if can out do Lucas blowing up the Death Star.

19. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

No way planet cybertron blowed up - it home of tfs and also is primus and father of 13 anicet tfs and unicorn 's brother

20. Alienbot

News Credits:
    We're not Cybertron was destroyed, we're saying it's dead and uninhabited - in this continuity Primus' vessel is presumably the Cube.