Trans4mers Rumor Mongering Begins: Jason Statham to Feel Shia's Shoes?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Master Fwiffo, Jul 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Are they trying to milk the franchise dry?

2. TfAnimatedfan

TfAnimatedfan Five. Dollar. Headband.

News Credits:
    But... I liked him in the Transporter movies. :( 

3. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    I can see him teaming up with Sideswipe.

4. ThisGuy

ThisGuy True Leader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think this would be cool. I liked him in Transporter and Crank. Crank 2 sucked hard IMHO.
    I also think this is unlikely going to happen.

5. Tycho

Tycho Well-Known Member

OK.

I do not want a reboot.

I don't want time-travel to bring Megatron et. all back either. Maybe save his programming chip, memories, etc. to bring to life Galvatron as part of a Decepticon revenge plot?

I think there should be a story focused on Megatron's life, motivations, etc. Galvatron could remember these things in flashbacks to Cybertron, thus we could have both of them, and a movie with a focus on the classic villains like Soundwave, Starscream, and Shockwave, perhaps with some small featuring of Blackout and Barricade, the other more interesting personalities amongst the movie Decepticons.

I have not heard that Shia won't do a 4th film as Sam. Was that ever stated? He could be CIA / "Sector-8" / or Men-In-Black now.

Cyclonus and Scourge should be in the 4th movie, as should Blitzwing, and maybe Astrotrain. I never was sure the Constructicons were dead either. Scrapper could take a role. Thundercracker, Skywarp, Ramjet, Thrust, and Dirge could be in it.

Dino's nickname should be Hot Rod, and he was just playing with an Italian accent, but now be the traditional Hot Rod (Bumblebee uses different voices). Deeper backstory should be given there. Kup should step in as the weapons officer to replace Ironhide. Meanwhile, Wheeljack, Hound, and Mirage should appear as themselves in the story. Powerglide might come in eventually as well. Ultra Magnus would be very necessary.

With this big of cast, and the flashback element, the movie (TF4 ought to be made a cliffhanger).

Unicron could be the ultimate villain used in the 6th movie (not TF5, the second part of the cliffhanger that would establish Rodimus Prime).

Colonel Lennox, Eps, Sam, Carly, and Daniel Witwicky should be brought back, as should Simmons. I think that we should also see the signal analyst girl (Rachael?) from the first movie again, and yes, Leo - all grown up. Maybe one of Sam's parents could have passed away and the other is in a nursing home and very cantankerous.

6. protocida

protocida Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Remember, people: Paramount is merely considering Jason Statham to become the new trilogy's leading man. He isn't in negotiations. This is a similar situation to Warner wanting Bradley Cooper to play Barry Allen in "The Flash". The actor himself hasn't been approached, but his name has been brought up.

7. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
  8. DominusPrime

DominusPrime Well-Known Member

Well, look back at what they did in G1 from Season 2 to the '86 movie/Season 3. They jumped ahead 19 years. So, it could be that they'll jump ahead 18-20 years, which will explain why Sam (Statham) looks older, has less hair, and learned to parkour and fight by hanging out with scary NEST guys all this time, and married Carly and had Daniel (Rosie of course, wouldn't look like she aged more than 5 years, natch). It doesn't even have to be Statham, but by having him on board, as long as he adopts a North American accent, should give Sam a more "badass" vibe, you know. Like another poster said, his current relationship with Rosie could be a plus, so may as well strike while the iron is hot and get this baby greenlit. Bay said he's done, but as we all know, money talks in this business, and it talks loud.

They could put Daniel at 16-18 years old where he can actually make himself useful in a fight (a young, up-and-coming special ops guy if he's old enough, maybe). Perhaps introduce a brother/sister to Daniel. Nothing wrong with a curveball to keep things interesting. All the while, the Autobots would have helped explain some of the advanced wrecked Cybertronian tech collected after DOTM, and have humanity be ready with kick-ass boom-boom guns when Unicron/Galvatron/Thunderwing or whatever ancient threats show up.

In short, they skipped ahead before, nothing stopping them from doing it again. I for one wouldn't mind seeing what a near-future Earth looks like after 20 years of Autobot cooperation, like a firmly established Autobot City with real state rights and diplomatic representation (hey, it can't hurt to have a little bit of nuts-and-bolts political background explained in the movie for 60 seconds, right?). Well, that's my take as to what could happen.

Hey Paramount, want to hire me as the writer ;) 

9. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Man I would totally be down with this :rock 

10. cleazer

cleazer Lost in the lights

News Credits:
    First of all, I got tired of Jason Statham about 7-8 years ago, so I really hope this doesn't come true.

Considering its such an early rumor, it's almost certainly not true. The ultra early rumors almost never are.

The big thing to consider is that they need a director. Once they have a director picked out, then he can come in and select actors that he feels would fit in his vision of Transformers.

Okay, anybody thinking its going to be 5 years before a new one comes out or 3 years before they even start making a new one is flat out wrong.

The ONLY question is whether it'll be released in 2013 or 2014. (2 years from now or 3 years from now.) I'm sure Hasbro and Paramount would both prefer 2013. TF3 is going to make them a ton of money, more than the first two, and there's no way they'll want to wait too long for a 4th movie.

BUT, the problem is that if they pick a new direction to go in (ie. a reboot) they will need to spend a good year or so designing the new world, and figuring out what Transformers will look like in this new vision. It'll take the special effects folks a lot longer if they have to design all new bots from scratch.

So basically, if TF4 is a reboot, then 2014. If it's a direct sequel, then 2013.

11. bsutton1

bsutton1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's better than the Justin Bieber rumor I heard :) 

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  12. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wait? Why is the Transporter FEELING Mutt's shoes anyway? huh? zmog

13. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    If all the rumors so far turn out to be true, I'm 110% on board for Trans4mers.

14. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    If this WERE to actually happen, I feel like the entire film would be like if they only focused on Lennox for an entire film. It'd be super-military, action filled blowing up shit 24/7.

You can bet your favourite Transformer they will

15. Jimbojones

Jimbojones Well-Known Member

what, are you hoping for robot sex scenes? Whatever floats your boat mate...

But on the actual topic, statham would be great, it could be a bit like a reboot, where it follows stathams story of making allys with autobots

16. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I'd like to see a movie that actually stars the transformers and not the humans with their robotic sidekicks.

17. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    I can see it now:

"Officer Samuel "Spike" Witwicky is a loose-cannon cop on the edge who doesn't take guff from no one..."

18. Gojira Prime

Gojira Prime Narf

I'm not that familiar with Statham, and can't say too much about him being in a Transformers movie, but I can say that I will eat MY shoes if the next one is called Trans4mers.

19. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    as much i want a tf4 i woudl rather have a reboot i cant see hwo they can continue the franchsie without the Main Decepticons

20. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Well that's stupid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.