trans-scan bumblebee concept pics

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by hard core prime, Oct 23, 2007.

1. hard core prime

hard core prime lil but cool keep it hard

I thought you my like to see this a concept pic of trans-scanning bumblebee here it is note this is just a link

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2007
  2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hmm......looks cool. From what I can tell, it looks to be basically his Protoform mode, with add-on armour to make him looklike his robot mode after he's scanned an earth mode. Personaly, I'm hoping that they make more than Prime and BB, and that they also get released here in the states.

3. ease

ease HIPHOPTIMUS PRIME

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am tempted to pre order one from BBTS, but for $40 i need to know at least what size they are.

4. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Hmmn. Looks like he'll transform as well. Interesting.

EDIT: ALso looks like that's Prime's Protoform, instead of Bumblebee's (for obvious reasons).

5. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    Interesting that the protoform has the concept camaro bumpers for his chest when we know that that's not the first form he'll take when he gets to earth...

6. DeceptiKreep

DeceptiKreep Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I will pass ... Why would he have any parts of the concept camaro when he is in protoform? If anything, his parts should look somewhat similar to the older camaro. Its like they did not put any thought into it ...

7. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

I think the Concept played a larger role

8. red00wolf

red00wolf insatiable collector

more protoforms!!!! wheeeee!!! they better be relised state side id love to have proto forms of every1.

9. B-Fox

B-Fox Mahoro de MAMBO!

News Credits:
    Here, here! I have a feeling these will be released outside of Japan because all of the Takara-Tomy offerings have just been repackaged items thus far. I could be wrong, of course, but why would TT start offering original/Japan-only molds this late in the game?

10. DeceptiKreep

DeceptiKreep Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    that may be true... but the protoforms are what they were BEFORE they came to Earth. So should be more based off that, not what it looked like 2 cars later.

Guess its more about the money....

11. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

I'm guessing we're only getting one version of each character, and IMO the Concept should be the choice.

How does releasing the Concept version mean it's more about the money?

12. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:

When you play with the toy it is not taking place IN REAL TIME COINCIDING WITH THE EVENTS OF THE FILM :p 

All that matters is that Bumblebee was first a protoform, then at some point was an 08 Camaro that is his most iconic and publicized rendition. Its perfectly logical.

Its the same reason why the Peter Parker-to Spiderman or Bruce Wayne to Batman figures don't first turn into some intermediate, "guy wearing tights and a ski mask" version. For all intents and purposes, Bumblebee in the tf movie IS an 08 Camaro.

13. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah i am going to hve to pass on the Trans Scan toys i just dont find them that appealing

14. Type-R

Type-R blissed off my chonk!

News Credits:
  15. RunaR

RunaR Well-Known Member

Those shins look an awfull lot like the front end of the car. If it transforms it'll probably be a parts former. I have to see more, but there is a big chance I'll pass.

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Awesome! Two Transformers in one!

I don't see how you got that's Prime, since all Protoforms look alike. (unless you count BB's comic form) It's the Cybertronian forms that are different.

17. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    What I don't understand is just what the pics are communicating. Does it imply a blank microman-style body with TWO sets of armor? One protoform and one car?

It seems that the drawing on the left is missing large pieces of the body, with just simple stand-in limbs. Also, it doesnt seem like the car parts on the left are going to be integrated into meteor mode.

Anyways, did anyone expect this NOT to be a parts-former? It would take some kind of Studio Halfeye level of engineering to get a comic accurate protoform that turns into a meteor, AND a fully accurate transforming 08 Camaro with robot mode.

18. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yeah, I'm with the parts-former crowd. Besides the design, the pics sorta suggest it.

I've broken my no-nontransforming toys rule for Revoltech and Replicas (and regretted the latter), but I really can't stand parts-formers. They're just so lame.

19. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    If Hasbro release that figure I'll buy it without thinking twice.

20. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

THE CAR PARTS COME OFF. From the first descriptions of these things we've been told they were part-formers. Basic Protoform bodies with snap on car parts to resemble their earth bot mode. The Camaro pieces come off and reveal his natural Protoform mode, which can "transform" into it's entry form. The parts also seem to be able to attach to him and form his car mode as well.

If that's the case, these may be the most articulate, detailed and accurate versions of these characters we can get. At the moment I may want to nab one, but I'm going to need a lot more pics and probably some unbiased reviews in terms of quality and durability.