Traitor Talk - WARNING: POTENTIAL AND CONFIRMED SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Master Fwiffo, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo Bonecrusher Hates You

News Credits:
    Ok, I wasn't kidding. If I'm right, this will potentially be discussing the biggest surprise of the series, except the fact that Bulkhead is Sari's father. Whoops, did I say that out loud?

Ahem.

Anyway, OBLIGATORY SPOILER WARNING IN ALL CAPS

You good?

You sure?

Ok.

Since it popped up, this episode summary has been bugging at my mind - and probably yours - for some time. I highly doubt that this traitor is a new character, somebody we haven't heard anything of - but if it was, I demand Repugnus - so as I see it, this could only be one of four Characters. We have a lot of people at our disposal, but from the characters we have, what we know about them, their personalities, and everything, the list I think can really only be four.

1) Blurr. I highly doubt it's him, he seems more like a one-ep-wonder character, and judging by the 1 minute Velocity clip that was posted awhile back, he sounds more like the 'wreckless fast guy' than a traitor.

2) Oil Slick. We know Nothing - Zip Zero Zilch, about this guy. He could possibly be the traitor, but we have no evidence either way. But if you ask me, I have a sneaking suspicion that he is the Decepticon Bounty Hunter mentioned in 'A Fistfull of Energon' - yes, Not Lockdown. I think this because he would be an awesome counter to Prowl (who's apparently staring in 'Fistful'), and because he looks every bit the Bounty Hunter that Lockdown does. I think Lockdown's sunk - or dead. Maybe Oil Slick is a partner of his. Or maybe he's Meltdown. Whatever. I don't think he's this posts subject.

3) Black Arachnia. This one would be interesting - a subtle jab by the writers of the synopsis, and it will get into a lot of what I'm about to discuss when I get to who I think it is (and you've probably guessed by now). The only problem is that I doubt Elita-1 was still around when BB and Bulkhead were in Autoboot Camp, and their reaction to her presence confirms that BA wasn't. I don't think she's the culprit. That leaves.

4) Sentinel Prime. Don't pretend to be shocked, because this possibility has crossed everyone's mind by this point. Of course, I have no proof - but I have a lot of evidence that points to it, and let me add on, that I think this will be proven or disproven by Saturday's airing in Canada, and I want to be able to say I told you so. ;) 

But lets discuss the proof.

1) Bumblebee and Bulkhead indicate they've met him before. In the infamous shower scene in Elita Guard, these two whisper that he doesn't remember them. Some have taken it to mean from their encounter way back in Episode 1, but that makes little sense - neither of them spoke, and Sentinel gave no indication that he knew anybody else was on the ship at the time. They've met.

2) He hates Optimus Prime. Only bad guys can hate Prime. I'm only partially kidding. :p 

3) His organiphobia. He's got some pretty hard core revulsion to humans, and his attitude toward them is very Decepticon-ish.

4) He's a total dickweed.

5) This one is the real kicker for me (behind BB and Bulkhead that is). At the end of 'The Elite Guard', Magnus tells him that Optimus exhibited many qualities 'And most of all, loyalty. Something you should learn to respect.' There is something very ominus in the way he said that - it's pretty blatent forshadowing if you ask me.

But the big question is why? Why would Sentinel forsake the Autobots, after being a member of the Elite Guard? Does Megatron just give a real good 'Come to the Dark Side' speech? Or is there more to it then that? Here's where I jump the obvious logic ship and get into total speculation. The way I see it, there are four potential ways, the last of which has the best story potential, and thus, is totally going to be regulated to future fanfics.

1) Optimus. Yes, he hates Optimus. He hates Optimus so freaken much that he's willing to join the Cons to get back at him. This one is probably the most likely, but also the most obvious. If Ultra Magnus starts favoring Optimus over himself, jealousy could consume him, and he would join the cons. It's very possible, and very probable, but not complex enough for me.

2) Organiphobia. This is, in my opinion, even less likely then the outlandish number 3 will be. The theory would be that Ultra Magnus softens up to organics, and Sentinel hates it, thus joining the Cons. I don't think it's a particularly good one, but perhaps someone else could make a compelling case out of it. Nah.

3) Black Arachnia. This one is for you mushy people - Black Arachnia meets Sentinel, gives him her sob story, and then he pledges to help her rid her of her organic form, even if he has to forsake the Autobots to do it. Mmmm, possible.

4) Here's my big one, and this is going into the realm of pure fantasy, so brace yourself:
    He already has.

Read that again. Sentinel isn't just going to turn Decepticon, he's been on Megatron's payroll since the begining. Implanted as an undercover agent, - or perhaps turned after Elita's death thanks to Optimus hate - he was ordered to rise up through the ranks, and becomes Megatron's inner spy in the Autobots - close enough to Ultra Magnus to where he can do some real damage.

Outrageous, you say? Yes, it is. But there's a number of things I find suspicous.
    1) His absolute insistance that there are no Decepticons on Earth. He knows they're there, he's just trying to keep Magnus from it.

2) His organiphobia is greater than Megatron's. It's difficult to see that attitude coming from someone who was ever an Autobot - especially since none of the main 5 seemed to care at all.

3) This is the big one. This Saturday's episode: Convinced there are no Decepticons left on Earth, the Elite Guard prepares to take Optimus Prime and his crew back to Cybertron - unaware of the increasing Decepticon activity taking place under their very noses. Where better to hide under someone's nose than in their very ranks?

Now, it's possible that theory 3 and 4 could be combined (and that was the initial theory when my mind started mulling this over) - he met Black Arachnia, heard her sob story, then joined the Cons with her. I find it suspicous that Black Arachnia seemed to know Sentinel was still alive when she first showed up. A lot of things add up.

I don't know which theory it is, but I'm all that certain Sentinel Prime is the traitor, and I'm positive we're going to meet this traitor on Saturday (in Canada, at least). So that's my super spoilerly thoughts. Anyone want to comment - or call me stupid?

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Or maybe it's Wheelie.

Yeah it's probably Wheelie.

3. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Interesting ideas. Who knows really? I just think it'd be a little cliche to have Sentinel Prime be evil or turn evil... yeah he's a duche, but not every good guy has to be sunshine and roses. Still, interesting theories and I guess we'll learn more later on.

4. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

:lolol  any way that is extremely plausible i knew i didnt like sentinel for some reason

5. MaikeruSan

MaikeruSan KnightStalker

News Credits:
    Its probably going to be Swindle scense he was confirmed for a toy.

6. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It would be awesome if he betrayed 'em for 5 cybertronian cents.

7. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    It is Spinger the trailer?

8. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

Interesting theory, Fwiffo. I still think it could be either Swindle or Oil Slick. And with the 'Mission Accomplished' connection, I think the point is to prove how awesome Optimus' team is, by having the Decepticons show up and make the Elite Guard shit bricks. Well, at leas Sentinel and Jazz. Okay, I hope Jazz doesn't, because he's too cool and ninja-like to be scared like that. Sentinel will definetly be crapping himself over giving Optimus crap over the supposed 'non-existence' of the Decepticons.

But I'm just waffling on at this point. While your ideas are good, I don't think the 'Sentinel Is Traitor' theory is gonna work. However, I do think your 'Pink Glasses Man' theory is spot-on - but I think everyone knows that by now.

EDIT: I think Spiderus has a point. Maybe this unknown Spinger character is mascarading as Prime's trailer. Maybe that's why it often disappears - SECRET AGENDA perhaps?

9. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What Springer character are you talking about? Did I miss something?

10. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

yeah what springer character?

11. Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo Bonecrusher Hates You

News Credits:
    Where/when was Swindle confirmed?

-edit- Nevermind.

12. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

It's not sentinal, he's too much of an ass to be a bad guy.

And wasn't it confirmed that Swindle wasn't in the Bootcamp episode?

I'm leaning torwards Ironhide myself....

13. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

Show me where that was confirmed, and I'll let go of my hope that Swindle is in that episode.

Where's Kickback when we need him? He seems to know all.

14. Sideways

Sideways Banned

Fwiffo, those theories do make me wonder.. I wouldnt be surprised if Sentinel is the traitor. Even though I'd still like to see him turn evil and become a "Nemesis Prime" like character..

*I know Nemesis and Sentinel are two different Primes in the continuites but how about in the Animated-verse, Sentinel becomes it????*

15. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader=Sentinel Prime/Nemesis Prime?

16. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

The phrasing of the episode synopsis suggests the introduction of a new character - the episode probably starting with his escape from Autobot custody to Earth or something, depending on the traitor's background -that will get fleshed out and his backstory told in the course of the episode. Not one that has already been around and suddenly revealed to be a traitor. And for the reasons already given, Blackarachnia wouldn't work, and no existing Decepticon would either.

I'm going to have to side with a total unknown, one of these guys:
    -Swindle
    You've got the precedent of a Decepticon name, a traditional self-serving and manipulative character, traits that fit perfectly with a traitor. But Kickback's statements suggest that it's not necessarily this obvious.

-Oil Slick
    We've gotten a very clear look at this guy, but that's all. The name's been used for a deceitful espionage character in Classics, much like G1 Swindle's personality pointing to the obvious conclusion. Without anything but his appearance though, hard to say. There's not even proof that he's a bounty hunter or a human in a TF suit or anything. All we know is that he's an evil badass motorcycle, nothing more.

-Ironhide
    Ironhide has been a loyal Autobot in just about every incarnation of Transformers EVER. (We won't hold a throwaway enslaved Mini-Con or Japanese uses of the name against him.) That kind of history and identity doesn't scream "traitor" to me or pretty much anyone. We don't even know if there's going to be a toy of him, because all we have is that dumb grinning portrait! Animated clearly hasn't been slavish to G1 continuity anyway, so... who knows?

I seriously doubt we'll have a clear answer until the episode actually airs, unless there's another leak of info or hints are given in prior episodes.

17. megaxz01

megaxz01 Transformer up and comer

News Credits:
    I made a topic about this a bit ago...

I said who I thought it to be and why.

I said I believe it will be Sentinel Prime because of the way he acts, and he seems more likely to backstab someone then help them.

Another reason I think he is the traitor is due to his name alone.

SENTINEL PRIME!!!

PRIME!!!

NEMESIS PRIME!!!

Mark it down... He is the traitor I bet, and he will become NEMESIS PRIME!

Place your bets.

18. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

My money is on Sentinel. Hes a dick, and the contempt he has scream joining the decepticons for 2 reasons.

1.) He hates optimus that much.

2.) He decides the 'con agenda would be better suited for him, kind of a reverse dinobot move in BW.

19. snappyjacks

snappyjacks Banned

I concur that it is Sentinel. Have said and thought so ever since the ELite Guard episode. If it isn't, I think it's someone we havent seen yet at all. Great theory Fwiffo, I agree.

20. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When was Springer mentioned?