Heavy/Scratch: TRAINBOT 1 of 7: Kaen/Blaze

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Destructicon 1, Jan 14, 2011.

?

Do you think I should use the knight morpher commander as part of my train team?

1. yes

16 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. no

11 vote(s)
    22.9%
  3. doesn't matter

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. I like cabbage!

17 vote(s)
    35.4%
  1. Destructicon 1

Destructicon 1 Original Gestalt

This is my second custom and is still very much a wip. The trainbots like my constructicons will not be g1. They will very different. So here's the first his name is Kaen in japanese and translates to blaze. He is originally a type of diesel engine. Since he was the biggest of the group and formed the lower torse in combined mode i made him a little bigger. THe first pic is his original gl look. Pics 2 and 3 are the mode i have chosen to go with. Also there are wip pics. Thanks for looking! All c & c welcome.

UPDATE 1/25
    I haven't really changed anything on him so far. Im still looking to see if a change with the arms is needed. Here are sum group and wip gestalt pics. For what all of u can see from here is an arm change needed and if so how can i make it fit without it causing problems for the gestalt form which is my primarly focus? I kinda like them now cause they fold back behind the body for gestalt mode. Also last pic is wip raiden next to my devy so you can see the size im going for.Thanks for looking!

6/18-Here's a link to the raiden project- http://W.i.p. Raiden/trainbots 3.0

Attached Files:

2. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great use of Unicron! But the upper body def needs to be bigger! But this is a great start to something really cool!

3. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Blimey; if you're using Unicron's forearms to make Kaen's legs, then how freakin' huge is Raiden gonna turn out? :popcorn 

4. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

pretty cool. he's got the "RID midnight express" problem with being all legs in robot, but that just sometimes happens. I like the alt mode though! I had never seen that train type before, what is it? I mean specifically, a giant gun on tracks wont' cut it. :lol 

Bonus points for the most creative use of unicron I've ever seen.:thumb 

Randy!

5. Destructicon 1

Thanks man! Im looking at how i can possilbly beef up the upper body. Im tryn 2 keep the upper body kinda flat si the other 2 bots that make up the upper body can connect easily. I welcome any ideas.

Well i'll give u a hint there will be 7 trainbots just like my constructicons i built. Im hopin 2 make raiden be able to look devy in the face and my devy is 36" so we'll see! Thanks for lookin bro!

6. Destructicon 1

Yeah he's kinda bottom heavy but thats because hr will form raidens' lower torso. The alt mode i myself am not really sure it's not an engine though. Kaen will be the only trainbot who isn't an engine. He will be pushed n pulled by getsuei/moonlight and yukikaze/blizzard whom im working on now. From his g1 bio he's the strongman of the group so that means he'll get bigger cannons. Thanks for lookin man!

7. Bigbot3030

no i totally understand him being "bottom heavy".

My question is what that gun car thing is. I've never seen it before, thought you might know. I've only seen this type before
    http://bluejacket.com/usn/images/oth/w1_naval-railway-battery_1_14in_france_1918.jpg

Glad the trainbots are getting some love!

Randy!

8. Destructicon 1

Honestly man i really dont know. Im thinkin like u said its just a cannon on wheels.

9. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    cool :p 

10. Bigbot3030

No worries, just curious. I actually like your version better with the two cannons. :) 

Randy!

11. Destructicon 1

Thanks man!

Thanks 4 lookin man!

12. coinilius

coinilius Well-Known Member

Wow, that is a very original and interesting alt mode - It's giving me all kinds of Hearts of Steel tingles down my spine :p 

The robot mode really does need some bigger arms and a bigger head though, to balance it out - I don't think it matters that his body itself is just a block with arms and legs sticking out, so much as making sure the arms and legs look propotionate to each other. You do want him to be a bruiser, after all, and he certainly looks like that!

13. Destructicon 1

Thanks man! Im looking into making the arms bigger anh the head will prob b switched out. As for your Hearts of Steel tingle if things go according to plan u might just see sum of that!

14. hippymule

hippymule Duocon

you know what they say about big feet...

15. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

They make shoe-buying more expensive?

16. Destructicon 1

LOL! You guys are too funny. Thanks for looking!

17. Destructicon 1

Not an update but added a poll ? would like to get everyones' input.

18. Destructicon 1

Update. Pics added.

19. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

We like to amuse. :D 

I think that fourth option on the poll was a bad plan if you actually want useful input - it's way too tempting, as evidenced by it being in second place so far... :p 

While I'm leaning towards "no", I voted "doesn't matter". If it's a viable option from a financial standpoint (it's not exactly cheap), and using it would make your job easier, then by all means go for it. But I certainly wouldn't use it unless it made real sense to do so.

20. Destructicon 1

Hey what can I say I like cabbage LOL! Im leaning towards yes because i think it would be a great centerpiece for my train team and its already a train! It is expensive and im trying to find a junker somewhere or sum1 who is willing to make me a nice deal!