Trailer thoughts

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by DillWeasel, Jan 10, 2009.

1. DillWeasel

DillWeasel Member

I know that it is not going to happen, but I thought it would be pretty cool if they would incorporate Primes trailer into a movie. He could use it to move Sam in and out of college dorms/apartments and make some money as an owner/operator when he isn't using it to busing up Decepticons.

2. Mr Happy Squid

Mr Happy Squid Well-Known Member

This a joke? Right?

3. DillWeasel

DillWeasel Member

Yeah, the OTR driver and moving tailer is a joke. But, the idea of giving him a trailer with some combat abilities of some type, like G1 prime, would be pretty cool. He doesn't look right driving bob-tail.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I think that if we ever see Movie Optimus Prime, it'll either be for a quick moment an dust for the homage, or he'll be carrying a fellow Autobot in it or something of great importance, and even then it wouldn't be something he would always have with him. I personally can't see them giving prime a trailer to haul around all the time, let alone one that has any battle capabilities. It just doesn't seem like something Movie Prime would do, let alone something the people working on the movies would do. I personally don't have a problem with him not having a trailer, as I honestly see no point to them. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the semi they are using for Prime in the movies can't actually haul a trailer, even if it's empty. Like Ratchet it's something they've actually put together themselves. I remember seeing pictures of it being built. Not sure they gave it that capability or not.

5. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I'd like it if the trailer was a separate bot.

6. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

maybe jetfire/skyfire would be a triple changer and he would turn into primes trailer and thats how they combine

7. sondril

sondril Well-Known Member

I think I remember seeing Prime hooked up to a trailer in one of the location photos. Someone should dig that pic out (not me, I'm to lazy).

8. Infil

Infil Well-Known Member

I'd like his trailer to be able to combine with Prime to give him more mass. Prime's alot smaller than some of the big Decepticons, so it would be nice to see the leader of the Autobots upgraded so he stand toe to toe with them

9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Have you seen how big the SR71 is compared to Prime's alt-mode? Way too big for Jetfire to ever turn into Prime's trailer.

I don't remember ever seeing Prime with a trailer, though we did see a NEST semi that had a trailer in the same shooting location as Prime's semi.

10. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

Not to mention seeing a SR71 transform into a box would just pull everyone out of the movie experience.

11. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    Trust me, Thats not gonna happen

12. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

i said it half as joke half as serious i was agreeing that it would be cool for the trailer to be another robot thats all

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    If it were just for one scene where he uses it as a disguise, I wouldn't mind. But he'd look cooler pulling a big tanker trailer than a box.

14. cornpone

cornpone Lobot&me

Maybe Prime could haul the trailer into battle, and at some mid-point everyone stops fighting, the trailer opens up, and all the bots and humans gather for tea - pinkie's out. Or maybe at the opening of the film Prime opens the trailer and all the Autobots take out their luggage. jk I love the G1 trailer, but it just wouldn't work in the Bay movie. Anything important for transport could be done by a military airlift. I would, however, like to see his Cybertronian mode. If he was a similar hauler at some point, he might be seen with a trailer.

15. Kortex

Kortex Well-Known Member

MAn have U seen how big a Blackbird is... That Trailer would be like 60 feet long... Impossible and useless imo...

16. Kortex

Kortex Well-Known Member

Thats not 1984 and Prime doesnt need a trailer that will only slow him down.... And what would he be carrying inside?? Soldiers, cars, food lol

17. Kortex

Kortex Well-Known Member

Actually U know what, if U look at the 5 pictures of the comic prequel alliance 2, Prime actually has a trailer... Next to Ironhide... Its on the site you ll see

18. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    in alliance issue 2, he has a very g1ish trailer which he uses to carry jazz's body

19. buickanddeere

buickanddeere Well-Known Member

Jetfire if tucked in solid would fit inside/make a standard 53" tandom trailer.
    Prime rolls his entire head,body & limbs into a semi truck cab,chassis & sleeper unit.