Minor/Repaint: Trailer for War Within Prime (wip)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by AutoCon2076, Apr 7, 2010.

1. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

This is a little side-project I've been sitting on for a while. The trailer is from an old Machine Wars Optimus Prime figure. So far I've only painted it blue and grey with a few bits of silver thrown in. I'm going to add pinstripes down the side eventually along with some Autobot insignias. I've also got some new wheels lined up for it - I just need a soldering iron for pin removal....

I don't know if I'm going to add any armaments. The trailer does still transform, and Prime doesn't look bad manning it, but I like the overall look of the vehicle mode a bit more. Once the details are applied I'll be giving it a gentle black-wash to match the look of the Titanium figure.

Oh yeah, for those wondering, this trailer attaches to Prime without any modifications. There's a tab on the underside of the trailer that slides over some grooves on Prime. That allows you to not only pull the trailer without it falling off, but also gives it some turning room as well. Thanks for looking, and if you've any ideas towards this project please do share.

~Z

PS: Forgot to mention that his weapon can mount into that slot on the underside there. No modding necessary.

Attached Files:

2. spoonman

spoonman Kitbasher extrordinaire!

Really cool idea! I would leave the wheels and just add those "braces" like the bot has on it's legs to match. Being simple straight pieces, you should be able to whip tose up outta styrene in noo time!

3. AutoCon2076

Ya know, I didn't think of that - I'm glad I posted this here, that's an awesome idea. Thanks!

~Z

PS: Added a new pic of the gun mounted to the trailer - no mod.

4. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That trailer fits him perfectly! It looks like it could go well with the new "War for Cybertron" Prime figure as well.

5. Auceps Prime

Auceps Prime Mini-Bot Leader

Ebay:
    This is cool, I hadn't thought about this concept, I have one in my closet gonna have tpo pull it out and make this update.

6. chansformers

chansformers butcher of the bots

News Credits:
    cool idea!!i never seen that one before!!
    have you though about adding electronics?
    i can't believe how nicely it fits and minmal modding is required!!!
    (now i kinda want to find a extra one of these trailers!!)

7. AutoCon2076

Thanks. I don't know if it'll work on WFC Prime. We'd have to ask Peaugh to check for us; unless we feel like waiting for a mass release. I have my doubts, though. I think WFC Prime is a bit larger than the Titanium Prime. There might be some clearance issues. Although a lift-kit to the trailer would probably fix that. It's only two screws holding in that blue piece with the rear wheels on it.

By all means go for it. I've had that trailer sitting on my Prime since January. I just started taking it apart a few nights ago out of sheer boredom. Though don't forget to put that white button back in for the engine/launcher things. I forgot about mine - oh well, I'll shove a gun or something in the hole it left behind. I can still flip the engines down anyways...

Minimal modding? Nah man - zero modding is required to make it fit! :)  Only thing I've done so far is primer it and rattle-can a few parts blue and silver. The whole white and olive-green it had before just wasn't working. I don't think there's going to be any electronics. I doubt I'm even going to transform the trailer. Maybe once for a Radicons post, but that's probably about it. To make it more in scale (weight wise) with the cab I think I'm gonna load it with some lead bars I've got. Just because.

Thanks again everyone for your comments. Best wishes to those who wish to do this for themselves.

~Z

8. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Very cool! Titaniums are AWESOME and you made it better!

9. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    My sentiments exactly. I'd be surprised if we don't see this trailer used a bit more for things like this. Great work, man :thumb 

10. The_Jack

The_Jack Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Nice Idea i think i´ll have to get one of these trailers :) 

11. rumsawatti

rumsawatti Dino-bot

THIS IS SICK!!!!...I really need a 6 in titan...I got an awsome idea for one...but...moneys a prob HAHA...anyhoooo this is a beauty...It wud be cool if the trailer was titanium too ;) 

12. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

i like this

13. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Perfect fit, all the way! Genius really, I don't like he way the gun is mounted, though.

14. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have to give you tons of credit for a great use of a not not so great toy ( MW Prime ) , and I had never seen WW Prime with a trailer this would go right on top of my to do list.

I don't know if you would want to screw around with that or maybe even a second MW Prime trailer, but on observation is that WW Prime's has a much lower profile.

[​IMG]

15. AutoCon2076

Thanks (to all of you) for liking it. I had a trailer-less cab and a cab-less trailer, so it was destined to be. Anyways, I've not seen that picture before. To me that looks more or less something like an attachment more-so than a trailer. It looks like they wanted Op's trailer to be more like Rodimus', in where it goes over instead of just onto the cab section.

I can't quite justify cutting up my MW trailer to make it a lowrider, but you do have me wanting to find something else now. Although I should try to slow down a bit - Im working on like four different projects right now. I'll come back to this one in a couple days.

Thanks again.

~Z