Minor/Repaint: Trailbreaker

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Shinobitron, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Shinobitron

Shinobitron Cybertronian Ninja

Ebay:
    In my effort to clear out extra pieces, parts ,a fodder here is Trailbreaker. Trailbreaker is made from an Rite Aid bot, custom built head, and various fodder for weaponry.

One new paint and detailing job later (and of course so offroading mud spatter) Trailbreaker is ready to join the classics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. ^o^CORVUS^o^

^o^CORVUS^o^ You call on me to solve a crooked rhyme

Ebay:
    That's pretty nifty. Great job on the paint!

3. kjyl

kjyl I'm a shark.

Seriously nice work, but it is a bit like polishing a turd. That mold is terrible.

4. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Nice work!

5. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    lulz and I agree

6. jordy

jordy Banned

News Credits:
    So do I, seriously if you had said this was an animated trailbreaker I would of been ohh I can see why, the face looks more cartoon like, but I seriously don't like the choice bot you used here, Drift as choice from what I can see just does not look right for him. The kup mold is idealy the best the mold to work with as it gives more space to work with, and the whole doors hanging off the side of trailbreaker just does not look right. The character to me is one of the best heavy calls autobots and his g1 alt mode was more of a a vehicle you would see a hunter packing his gear in and going to go and kill some deer not a soccer mom driving her kids to practice.

The head the eyes look to armada hot shot as in to puppy dog draws you to the attention of it an makes a season war vet look like a kid. The choice of base how ever looks awesome but the eyes just let it down so badly, I would say reduce the size of the eyes and the do a darker grey on his face and a darker blue for his eyes and you would be spot on for that part alone. Also why put his engine mount to the side of his head? it's meant to be behind the head.

His legs seriously his feet look incomplete like you had nothing left and was like meh and we know that's just not how you roll with your work man. You're an inspiration to a lot of people and this just lets it down sadly. The choice of arms are good same with the hands.

But yeah alt mode, head, legs and the drift side panels man, I would say this figure not a fan favorite at all.

7. Shinobitron

Ebay:
    I love you guys so much! I love that a head sitting on a fist gets love yet because this doesn't fit your definition of what a character should be it garbage. . . oh wait I kinna call it that to in the very first line of my description.

At what point did I call this the end all of Trailbreakers? Never! This was nothing more than an excuse to use up lots of extra "junk" I had lying around.

8. leobreaker1977

leobreaker1977 Well-Known Member

i like it shinobi i always like your stuff. and the fact that this was done using extra parts from your fodder and an figure thats not a tf, really speaks volumes of your skills. I find it laughable that the previous commenter mentioned hash tags for what line this trail breaker fits in but you didn't at all and the fact that he keeps mentioning drift? Did you even use anything from drift? oh well to each his own. nice work many always dig ur stuff

9. kjyl

kjyl I'm a shark.

You misunderstand. I think you did a very good job and you show some actual skill with this custom. I also think that this mold fought you every step of the way.

Paint is good, Alt mode is good, but the bot mode is terrible. But that is because it is terrible on the base mold. Just like if I did a custom based on classics Ironhide I would not be surprised that the alt mode is terrible.

10. Algernon

Algernon Radicon Acolyte

News Credits:
    I think it's great! Are these figs still available at Rite Aid?

11. Notilator

Notilator Xenomorph4

Cool! Finally an update to the poor guy, he really deserves it too only love he got from hasbro was a stinken legends figure :( 

12. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

I like it. The fact that you used spare parts speaks for itself. The ones saying it's like polishing a turd are simply jealous of your skills and wish they could do something half as good.

13. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    Shoe... foot... trailbreak... wip.... hurting???? who cares :D 

This looks good enough for me ;) !

14. jordy

jordy Banned

News Credits:
    the only reason why I say that is because I feel in this line up he was trying to put it with it doesn't work in my eyes. I say soccer mum driving her kids is because in an animated universe I think he would be that as a protector not as a warrior if you catch my drift. This bot is brilliant for animated but doesn't fit in with the line up for classics is all.

15. Shinobitron

Ebay:
    Glad some of you like it sorry some of you feel that its unfitting. AGAIN this was not meant to be the perfect Trailbreaker, this was me being MacGuyver, taking stuff I had in a big bin of random fodder and trying to do my best with it, while at the same time using it up.

The group pics are to show scale as compared to classics. Just because I put classics with the figure does not mean that it can't be displayed with other figures. I have tons of various figure on my shelves and they look fine.

I'm still baffled how a SUV is a soccer mom vehicle? Tons of men drive SUVs.

My final point is the "EYES", they are not eyes. From the reference art I seen TB has a visor similar to safety glasses.

16. jordy

jordy Banned

News Credits:
    Because it doesn't feel right for TB alt mode, yes men drive suv's but this looks more like a suv mini van then a 4wd vehicle. If this was a g1 skids it would of been perfect for the classics line up I feel personally.

Also visor, eyes there still optics end of argument there shinobi you don't need to get technical on what type of freaking optical wear he sees through do you, you knew exactly what I was saying and still the visor doesn't look right as it looks to big. and in parts cracked, which I fear to say looks as if it was a little rushed in my opinion.

17. kjyl

kjyl I'm a shark.

Actually I think the alt mode is the saving grace of the piece. And for a parts bin dive this this is fantastic, but it just has a terrible robot mode. Not really much can be done about that.

Edit: Just to be clear, I think the work done on this custom is really good, but the mold itself has a lot of flaws. Sorry if that came across as insulting or what not it was not my intent. Tone can have a hard time coming across on the internet.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  18. f-primusunicron

f-primusunicron Unicron Herald BladeZero

News Credits:
    whats the base mold? i havent seen it before
    it doesnt look as good as i would like but its actually a very good custom

19. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Always cool to see a Trailbreaker custom. I like how you were able to use junk parts too. Nice job.

20. Peagis

Peagis Superion

Ebay:
    Curious as well as to the origins of this mold