Trailbreaker/Hoist reissue question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lbsammills51, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was finally transforming mine and putting the stickers on, and the stickers on Trailbreaker barely stay on; there isn't much stickiness on his stickers. Hoist's are mostly okay but a couple have problems sticking too. Has anyone else experienced this problem or is it just me getting a crappy sheet?

The only other reissues I've had this problem with are the TC Insecticons (mainly Bombshell) and TC Ricochet, but the Collection line is older than the Encore line so that's what I wrote that off too (even though my other Collection reissues were just fine sticker-wise). Since these two are brand new Encores, I'm a bit confused.

2. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I've never heard of that. My reissues are still enroute, I'll check for it. Generally I've had great luck with stickers. Just last month I finally applied most of the rest of my Jetfire's stickers and they stuck just like brand new!

3. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

I recently opened up my TFC Insecticons and found that their stickers had almost no adhesive either. I gave up trying to use them and ordered a set from Reprolabels.

So, if you anybody has any tips on how to 'reactivate' old stickers, post away!

4. mrclean08

mrclean08 G1 FOR LIFE

I use small amounts of Elmer's glue to 'reactivate' old stickers. Works great and even when you want to remove them, the small amount of glue residue left behind can be easily removed with either your fingernail or Goo Gone.

5. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If this has been asked before forgive me. Are any of the decor on the vehicle modes of either painted/tampo'd on or are they all stickers? Like Hoist's hazard stripe.

6. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The hazard stripe and Autobot logo on the hoods of both are painted on now. The rest are stickers.

Things like his are why I wish Takara would preapply stickers on all the reissues and save me some stress and/or annoyance.

7. cartertime

cartertime Well-Known Member

Its not the stickers its the figure itself. Lately, most Encore reissues have been coming off the assembly line with a very fine layer of slippery stuff on them which affects the stickers applying properly. Skywarp and Cracker had the same problem. All you need to do is gently rub the area where you want to apply the sticker with rubbing alcohol or methylated spirits and this will clean off the fine layer of slippery stuff and the sticker will apply like it should. I have done it with my Hoist and Breaker and alls good.

8. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    the e-hobby clone army stickers were SHIT...pure and simple...never could get one of those to stick at all....