Minor/Repaint: Trailbreaker from S7 vehicle

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by manyoufactsure, Jun 28, 2010.

1. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

Wasn't Trailbreaker mentioned at Botcon? Hasbro has the perfect vehicle for Trailbreaker, already made. The 1st Movie, Sector 7 vehicle. A little paint, a new head and two accessories. It's complete. if they can't get the copyright to Trailbreaker then maybe they should try Trailmaker. The gimmick this toy has, with the punching hands, could MAKE a trail, easily.
    I made a force field emitter and a missile, just like the G1 cartoon. Only problem is they go into the tailpipes and don't have a storage location, when in Alt mode.(there is plenty of room inside the vehicle but not a easy way to get them in there and then stay put). I painted the chest to look like the G1 windshield. It is silver paint with a green/blue, opaque paint, on top. The head is from the Crosswise/Smokescreen repaint with a little epoxy to shape the head.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Nice, though I wish this mold wasn't so short and stocky. A bit more length in the legs, and it would be more suitable for other characters.

I like the modded head on this guy... it works. :) 

zmog

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I totally agree with SMOG here. A new set of legs would really set this guy off.

Nevertheless, great work, buddy :thumb 

4. manyoufactsure

manyoufactsure Maximal TFW2005 Supporter

He actually needs a longer torso or shorter arms. How many people, do you know, have hands that reach their knees. The leg shapes work well for G1 Trailbreaker's legs.

5. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That doesn't look half bad. Nice work!

6. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Yeah, but finding a way to elongate the legs is easier than lengthening the torso and shortening the arms, and it'll look almost as good. :) 

I was actually working out a way to swap in RID X-Brawn's double-folded legs to achieve a taller proportion on this figure, but I never finished the project.

Not to take anything away from this custom... I just find this is a great mold that is limited somewhat in its applications by it's gorilla proportions.

zmog