Tragedy befalls young Half-Blood Prince actor

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ravenxl7, May 26, 2008.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/7418311.stm
    I was just visiting www.mugglenet.com, and saw this. Saddening to hear, but the way it was worded on Mugglenet, he died in an honorable way. It's going to be a little saddening watching the movie when it comes out, but not as nearly as The Dark Knight, as Rob Knox's part isn't as important or as big as Heath Ledger's.

:rip 

2. The_Bardock

The_Bardock ****** of the Minicons

Ya I saw this the other night, waiting to hear what actually took place.

3. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    it is too bad, heard he helped his brother out.

4. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Sad

5. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I think its tragic, when a young life is ended through knife crime. Teenagers today don't seem to understand the consequences of knifing someone. And due to peer pressure, even those that would otherwise think twice still go ahead and carry knives. But teens today seem to have a real self image problem, I can't really say much without going into a rant, but it seems to me that kids see things everywhere in life that they can never concieveibly have, and go nuts when they think about it.

Oh what the hell. Here's my example. Start rant.

Little Johnny watches Top Gear, a TV magazine show about cars. Clarkson, May and Hammond go round driving awesome awesome cars in awesome situations. Driving a Lambo Gallardo, Porche Carrara GT and an Aston oven around Europe looking for the 'perfect' road. Test driving Koenigseggisseckisseggs around tracks and stuff. Pure win.

Little Johnny then goes to school. He doesn't do well there. He thinks the classes are a waste of time. Exams? Pah. University isn't even a consideration for little Johnny. Some people Little Johnny hears about do go to Uni, they might become Doctors, Lawyers. 'Professionals', whatever that means to Little Johnny. Little Johnny thinks these University professionals all drive fast cars, date gorgeous women and act like James Bond all day long. Everyone else seems to have all these things, MP3 players, shit hot mobile phones, consoles, TV's! Everyone else seems to have MORE.

But little Johnny can't even get through a day in school without doing a bunk. He doesn't want to think about his lot in life, a lot that COULD be changed, but only if he can be bothered. He doesn't want to think that without schooling, he won't go do his A-levels (or whatever it is these days) go to Uni, and be able to get his nice fast car. So he goes nuts a little. Hangs around in the street with his 'mates'. Trying to square up to grown adults, who he thinks are sucessful product of the system that he's failing so poorly at. But he can't, he's still just a boy. How to measure up? Carry a knife! Egad! Its so simple! and even if Little Johnny is caught, the Police will just give him a caution! As long as he doesn't use it, he'll be fine. Right up into the point when he shanks someone with it with his 'mates' recording it on their mobiles and posting it on Youtube. Because its the only way he can see that makes him feel successful in any way.

The Police won't search teenagers for knives, because they feel it will alienate them some more. Check this story out.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7408998.stm

Holy shit. Fuck 'alienating' kids. Fuck em in the ass. If prison space is a consideration, take them out back and beat the shit out of them and say if we ever catch you carrying a knife again, we'll break your fingers. Like in the old days.

As you can see, I have a bit of a rant about it. And yeah, I can see how unreasonable I'm being about this. I can see how I'm generalising things and promoting things like police brutality, but really, its how I feel. And the thing is, I'm not the only one. How sad is that?

Here in the UK knife crime has been going on for a while, but recently its become the newspapers new crusade. They take every single incident and meticulously report it as another teenage knifing, in an epidemic of knife crime.

Having said that, the newspaper headlines yesterday was 'HARRY POTTER STAR KNIFED' with a picture of the kid in question, and another of Daniel Radcliffe. Tragic as it is, this kid was not a star of Harry Potter, he was an extra. Its like the press are sensationalising his death for 'rating's. Its bullshit really, and takes his death and makes a mockery out of it. IMO.

The newspapers around here these days have a real problem, twisting stories to suit their agendas and all that stuff. To top it off, they have a very hypocritical thinking as well.

When Prince Harry went to Afganistan for his tour (good for him) all the UK press held off on the story. But when the news was broken by an international news site the UK press went bananas about protecting him and how great he was and such. Says the same people that rip the shit out of him for going out to nightclubs and partaking in the occassional drag of weed when he's home, and pretty much almost destroyed his older brothers relationship with his bird by microanalysing EVERYTHING THEY DID.

Members of the press can blow themselves as far as I'm concerned. Whatever happened to unbias reports?

Last edited: May 27, 2008
  6. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i got confused there: a half blood prince actor got stabbed, what?

oh, harry potter.

glad i dont live in a city where i have to worry about being gunned down or knife shanked.

7. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    Tikgnat has it right.

I don't give backtalk to any of the young chavs that knock around town anymore, cuz I don't fancy being knifed by a spotty 14 year old trying to impress his friends.

These idiots need to be scared of what will happen if they do something bad. They're not scared at the moment. Not scared of the police, the judicial system and certainly not scared of any adult giving them a crack, they wouldn't risk it.

And I would too also put part of the blame for the current situation on the press. When someone is knifed by a kid, we don't need a fucking front-page, blow by blow, news at ten, extravaganza - we need the police to sort it out. Without suggesting to every single other kid in the country that you need to carry a knife to defend yourself from all the other knife-carrying kids.

Bah, now I've had a rant too. I just hate chavs and the society that has given them so much freedom and power with so little responsibility.