Traffic officer guilty of doing 159mph

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scourge_151, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Dangerous when naked! TFW2005 Supporter

Reeeeally bugs me how hippocritical the Police can be sometimes, and his excuse p'd me off too "I was testing the car" , I'll have to remember that one if I ever get pulled over.

91 in a 30 eh, C L E V E R , I know for a fact they don't tell you to do this on the advanced driving course, becasue I've done it!

If this guy wanted to test this car flat out on road-like conditions there are numerous sites around the country that CAR MANUFACTURERS use for just this very purpose.

Oh and if he was going to do this rioutous amount of speeding, you'd have thought the guy would've had the sense to turn the camera off inside the car that records what speed he' doing.

dumbass.

2. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Actually, his excuse should've been...

"Sorry, your Honor, I was in a hurry to get a bit of crumpets and tea."

Ah, the theme to Cops immediately comes to mind upon reading this.

90+ in a 30MPH zone. Wow. That is worse then when I passed a dump truck spewing rocks and sand behind it, ON THE RIGHT, IN THE DIRT, doing about 50MPH and was CAUGHT by a cop car. I got out of any tickets, but next time I get a ****ing chip in my window from one, I'm following the dump truck and getting them to pay for a new windshield. :) 

Rant mode off...

Ah, some people never learn. Or learn things entirely the wrong way.

3. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I remember this the first time around...

The guy is a traffic cop, and his excuse for testing/practicing high speed driving in proper roads is actually a valid one (IMO)

The thing is, it puts other people's lives in danger. The police should actually have a high speed driving class, and during that test they should cordon off certain roads, put their own slow moving traffic in, and then practive high speed driving.

It sounds like a lot to do, but I think high speed police should get that training.

4. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

No one should be going 159mph on a public road unless it's the autobahn.

5. drippy

drippy is a freethinker.

Why? It obviously didn't work.

I've only been up to 125mph myself. My speedometer didn't go that high but I clocked myself off the Thunderbird I was racing.

Wow, looking back, that was forever ago (11 years).

6. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

I got a 15 passenger van up to 100 mph.

Stupid governor. We could've hit 115, at least.

7. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Locally there were a group of police officers that went on a trip on a chartered bus. When they got back in town they were loaded as hell, and left. They caused some 3 or 4 accidents just getting out of the parking lot. It took an "anonymous" letter to get anything done. Now those officers have lost their jobs, or gotten some level of probation, and the informant has also lost his job for "administrative" reasons.

8. Scourge_151

Know what you mean, had to drive a big Merc van from N.england back to wales, was a rubber thing under the throttle so it'd only just do 80, a real pity as its surprising how many people get out of your way when you're driving a big white van down the motorway, would've meant I got to bed sooner anyway :( 

9. Scourge_151

That's the thing I find most objectionable, I mean I'd be a hippocrite myself if I said I never speed on the motorway, and as long as you don't take the piss and drive like a moron then it's usually not terribly dangerous to do so as the roads are pretty good, but going that fast in a 30 zone is beyond belief. If somebody had stepped out without being careful on a crossing place he'd hit them and go about 30ft before he even started braking, not to mention people coming out of junctions etc.

10. Streck

Streck <B><FONT COLOR="#FF0000">QED</B></FONT> Veteran

I can't say I've seen a 30 zone where there was even enough road to get up to 90. Then again, I haven't been looking.

11. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

There was a stretch of back country road near my high school where the limit was 30. This road didn't have any lines, just pavement, and a 5 mile straightaway into the small town. I personally hit 105 on this road, and knew people who had gone higher than that. You could absolutely fly on that road, it made for good times.

12. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

What's funny is that a few months ago I posted a link to a site where cops are complaining all of the time about other cops not letting them out of traffic tickets. I know there wasn't another officer in charge but yeah...

13. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    I've seen a few, and have seen people likely doing 50MPH in a 30MPH but 90MPH is simply, and outright, reckless driving.

As I "confessed," I've done some flat-out stupid **** in my truck that I could've gotten BIG tickets for. Here in the states (and especially in AZ), going 20 over the speed limit can result in a reckless driving ticket, as well as a possible charge of reckless endangerment. It can lead to a BIG ticket, losing your license (if it is more then your first offense) AND possibly be taken in. Not cool.

Hey, most of us who drive are going to speed at any given time. There are some situations where if you go the speed limit, you'll be run over. It is a matter of driving defensively not only for yourself, but also for everyone else around you. When you do stupid **** like that officer did, there is NO way you could safely drive on narrow roads like they have in the UK going those speeds with those conditions.

Honestly, in my opinion, the officer should be stripped of any and all driving privileges. He should be reduced to a desk job, and if he has to go somewhere he should have to RIDE there.

14. Mr Grimm

Mr Grimm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I reckon you could do it on the Monkspath Hall road in Solihull. You'd get nailed by the speed cameras on it though. In fact, maybe the cameras are there because some people have already given it a go? Anyway, it's rather long with a hill partway along to build up speed. You'd hit a roundabout straight after though.

15. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Word, you'd never think so, but those college vans move pretty good.

16. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Does this have anything to do with that one time you posted the pic of the skateboarder that had slammed into the side of a van? :peoples:  :p 

Fastest I ever got up to personally was 115-120ish...but, that was in a VW bug, so that's worth extra points. [​IMG]

17. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    No, he should be stripped of his licence like any other person that was caught doing a 90 in a 30.