Tradeaway Scene

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Squall42080, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I couldn't help but be a little disappointed at the beginning of Transformers - Revenge of the Fallen when the back of the NEST truck opened and released the Hummers and Motorcycles, only to find it wasn't Prime pulling that trailer.

Now don't get me wrong, Prime's entrance was certainly one of the greats in cinematic history...

But would you have traded his airplane dive entrance for an entrance involving him hauling the NEST trailer?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
  2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

No. Prime hauls nobody's crap around, just like Long Haul if Long Haul had his way.

Plus it allows Hasbro to make the Stratosphere toy.

3. Squall42080

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    As a Stratosphere owner...thats a good point :wink:  I didn't look at it that way...

4. Zombiedude

Zombiedude Junkion Warrior

I thought the same thing when seeing the trailer...but...how would he transform?

5. Squall42080

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I figured he could have released Ironhide from the trailer, after which he would then release the "latch" holding the trailer while speeding up to transform together with Ironhide. Of course the trailer release would have caused all sorts of Michael Bay flashy sparks and stuff. After that Demolisher could have been discovered, and during the chase, Optimus could have transformed a couple of times to get to the highway to intercept the fleeing Demolisher.

Again, I really like what we got in the movie...but there was just that "tinge" of what could have been...

6. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

that seems to be the general feeling regarding the entire movie.

7. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

My first thought on seeing that scene was 'THEY GAVE HIM A TRAILER!'. And you know what, until now I didn't even realize that that wasn't Prime, maybe it just didn't register or I thought he was driving the trailer at city limits or something and then got picked up by 'Stratosphere' in order to get into the city... I mean the cab looks an awful lot like Prime. Maybe Peter Cullen was supposed to be the dude driving it, but they never shot that scene or they left it on the cutting room floor so his 'cameo' we kept hearing about was relegated to the rank of underling. :lol 

8. Squints

Squints Well-Known Member

I wouldn't trade that skydiving entrance for anything. When it happened, it was the single most badass moment in Transformers history. (And then the rest of the movie happened.)