Non-TF: Tracks

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by ServO, Apr 22, 2011.

1. ServO

ServO Seeker (I look for stuff) Moderator

Heya team,

I'm putting this as Non-TF since it doesn't actually transform...but anyhow, I wanted a Stingray 'Vette to go with my "Jazz" Porsche. Normally I only build model airplanes, but some of my friends have been nudging me to do more cars...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is just an off the shelf build of a 1/24 Monogram '82 Corvette, and some reprolables. Considering the cost on this build I'm very tempted to do it again to try and get it perfect.
    The wings are from a junker G1 seeker, the vert. fins are from a model of a Huey Super Cobra helicopter, and the sideways wheels came from a Universe Sunstreaker. I know the SS wheels are comically small compared to the Corvette wheels, but in the cartoon, the wheels seem to shrink a bit as well...
    I do have an attachment build into the underside of the car to accept a mount for an "in flight" stand, but I haven't build the stand yet. In fact, I still have a few more detail items to take care of, but I figured it was close enough to show.

I think I'd like to do some more G1 'esque kits..Tracks was fun because of those wings of his...made him a really unique Autobot.

Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

2. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Very nice man. I always had an interest in doing stuff like that to display. I've had a Wheeljack Lancia model kit for 5 years that I still haven't built. They'd probably look awesome next to an MP Prime.

3. ServO

Yeah that reminds me...I have the exact same kit I think on my pile of unbuilt stuff...maybe I'll tackle that one next...You're right too...it would look awesome next to MP.
    Thanks for the kind words!

4. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    You know? I would actually buy non-transforming vehicles if Hasbro made them look like this. Very nice.

5. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    very nice. just curious if those hind wheels flip up and the wings come out, or how that works?

6. ServO

Thank you!

The wings are just attachments that peg in where the normal car wheels go.
    I wanted to be able to have the option to display the kit in either fasion. Once I build the stand for it, it will probably be displayed in flight mode for the majority of the time.

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    This turned out REALLY sharp!