Tracks and Jazz - DENIED at Kmart

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Pac_tim, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    Got all mine for $5.50 due to K-Mart screwing up.

Sa-weet.

Haters...get ready steady go.

2. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

You guys are thieves. :bay 

3. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This thread is ridiculous, but I thank you for the awesome read. I really had to constrain myself from lol'ing at work several times.

If a store is too incompetent to have correct information in their system, or too lazy to check the items price themselves, and they have to resort to ASKING THE CUSTOMER FOR A PRICE, that shit is on them.

Really, how many companies do you think have procedure where it states "IF YOU DON'T HAVE A PRICE, JUST LET THE CUSTOMER MAKE ONE UP FOR YOU!". Shit if I knew that was the case, I'll straight up tell them everything in my cart was pulled out of the dollar clearance isle. Am I lying and being dishonest? Maybe. But when a business can't keep themselves updated or make an attempt to research product price and have to resort to this, you know what, they've opened the doorway for this to happen.

Keep your shit straight and updated, and research when there's a problem. There should never be a need to ask a customer a price on the product, unless they are prepared to give a discount.

On that note, think I'll swing by kmart today :) 

4. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    "Trust, but verify." would be my policy on that kind of thing... Then there's a chance the person will get caught. :lol 

5. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

Going into a K-Mart is like being warped into the movie Idiocracy. It's like you can breathe in the stupidity in the air in that place. I hate them.

6. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Bloodsail Admiral

I am surprised at some of these stories coming from target. I worked at a target once and they really focus on the customer and what not. ANd even if it is street dated if the store put it up early than thats their own fault. If its on a shelf they should sell it thats all there is to it.

7. bulletthebluesky

bulletthebluesky Mmmm... Beer

That's how I see it.

Also, kinda on topic.... I haven't been in a K-mart in....oh.... 6 years? Feels good, man.

8. JetsAndHeels

JetsAndHeels Banned

Went to Kmart earlier today and got Jazz no problem. Rang up for $11.99.

9. adamthered

adamthered Reads comics. Starts shit

News Credits:
    I had a pricing error at K-Mart on Friday in my favor. Jazz and Tracks rang up at $11.99, I told them about the $7.99 sale. They voided to transaction, started ringing them up again, and they rang up at $6.49 each. It was awesome.

10. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

This thread is actually beginning to make K-Mart look better...

11. MrFX

MrFX Collecting never ends...

LOL and I'm laughing at how much grief you were getting for YOUR purchase price, Wollstone! :lol 

12. Pac_tim

Pac_tim Urban Achiever

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't bet on it - I may have gotten them this morning for $7.99 each, but I sent a long-ass complaint about the manager and her dismissive attitude. The store is not in the best of neighborhoods, and I'm sure they get a lot of troublemakers, but that doesn't mean that you throw customer service out the window.

13. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Bloodsail Admiral

Thats simply impossible!

14. MrFX

MrFX Collecting never ends...

What's up, J? (from SRK)

It happens everytime this issue comes up here...people are so full of it sometimes. If you want me to make up a price, oh, I'm going to make up a price. If the manager wants to make up one, then as long as it is the same or cheaper, that's what it's going to be. I was laughing myself at this thread. Well, mainly because most of them who were giving Wollstone shit would have done the same thing he did.

15. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter if they should check the price or not imo. If you have to lie to save a few bucks on a toy you're a loser plain and simple. Not hating or anything but that is pathetic.

16. Pac_tim

Pac_tim Urban Achiever

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sooo,

Just out of curiosity - The people who either a) had their TFs ring up cheaper than they were supposed to be, or b) their cashier just made up a price instead of looking up the actual one...

Are those people just as guilty of being dishonest as the ones who told the cashier whatever cheap price they wanted?

I'm fairly neutral on the whole subject - I see both sides. I'm just curious.

17. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not to judge anyone for ripping off various evil corporations or anything, but I just found RtS Jazz at Walgreens listed for $14.99. Went up to the clerk who chatted with me happily for a moment before frowning and asking what price the item was listed as. I told him "$14.99."

Is that a lot for a Deluxe in the US? Yes. Do I regret it? No.

In general, I don't lie to people.

Besides, I would cheerfully have ordered Jazz online and spent even more in the end.

18. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I would never lie about the price. I would tell them the retail should be around 11.99-12.99. If they say a certain price that is higher, I will fight for it.
    If they tell me the price is lower, I would inform them of what it should be, and if they still want to ring it up cheaper, I would let them.

That is how I would do things. I understand that not everyone has the same principles. Though I suppose the degrading moral values is just a trend of each successive generation.

19. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    Total common sense isn't too common these days, is it?

Sheesh. This should be the usual response by any retailer.

20. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    This is becoming more and more common when a new toyline/subline comes out, especially from Hasbro.