Tracking Packages

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Autobot X, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Autobot X

Autobot X Too broke for 3P and MP.

Wasn't sure what forum to put this in, but since I'm tracking the Transformer TOYS I ordered for my b-day, I stuck it here.

I simultaneously love and hate the "Track Your Package" feature on Amazon. On one hand, I love being in the know. On the other hand, knowing, in this case, is not half the battle.

The Universe Smokescreen still says it's in transit, estimated to be delivered tomorrow. I got him yesterday.:p 

Universe Inferno arrived at Orlando, FL this morning, but hasn't left yet. I live in Lakeland, FL. So close, yet so far! Will I get him today? I hope so!

Other stuff hasn't even shipped at all, although I ordered it over a week ago. Stupid SuperSaver Shipping. So free...yet so slow.

Argh! Why do I torture myself!!!

(Disclaimer: I don't want to give the impression that I'm complaining, or that I expect all the tracking information to be spot on. I recognize that discrepancies occur, so it's really no big deal. It's just humorous.)

2. 1govnor1

1govnor1 Giggidy

Nothing frustrates more than seeing your package arrive at your local USPS/UPS/FedEX facility and have it sit there for a day or two.

3. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    or "your item has been accepted at the postal facility" and stays that way until it is successfully delivered

4. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    [​IMG]

That.

5. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I suspect enlightenment can be achieved by mastering the balance between the pleasure of knowing there's something sweet in the mail, and the insanity of waiting for it.

6. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I usually don't use the Track Your Package feature on Amazon and just cut-and-paste the tracking numbers to use on either USPS, UPS, Boxoh or FedEx SmartPost (whichever is appropriate). FedEx and Boxoh, in particular, provide more detailed tracking than Amazon's system and, if a shipment is SmartPost, better tracking info than USPS.

My main frustration with tracking packages is that I live in a suburb of Atlanta. Because of that, anything I order tends to get 2 - 3 extra days added on, since the package has to get to the Atlanta sorting hub, then go to the local sorting hub and then finally get sent out for delivery.

7. Autobot X

Autobot X Too broke for 3P and MP.

The most perfect thing I've seen all day. Thanks!

8. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    tracking the USPS is 99.9% sucks and yo will literally go mad watching it. Scantron are you talking about UPS/fedex with your extra days thing?, it should all be the same delivery comittment as atlanta.....the whole state is