Right, my Trypticon's tail made one loud snapping sound first time I moved the tail but still locked into place for tail dragger but had a slight droop for other modes, but one I handled last weekend (belonging to @Decepticreeps100 moved once with a loud snap and then wouldn't lock in to either position neccesitating this fix. Your mileage may vary but I would reccomend doing this fix regardless simply because after taking mine apart and seeing the damage made by moving the tail without gluing it (picture further down) you could save yourself any problems further down the line. Anyway... Simple mod, seems daunting but really it's just removing screws, gluing something and putting back together. Nowhere as scary as it first seems you will need: 1 Trypticon, legs removed to allow easier moving around. (Note you want to remove screws on Trypticon's right hand side rather than his left seen in this image.) 1 long thin phillips head screwdriver, the screws are fairly large so in my precision set this was the largest I have. You need them to have long reach as some of the screws you need to reach are down deep recesses. When removing screws try to keep track of which one goes where, a lot of screws look similar, but that doesn't mean they're interchangable. And superglue, decent superglue ideally as you want this to be a one time fix The very first screw you want to remove is on the swinging arm that lifts the garage door/tail tip. You can remove both sides if you like but I got by just removing one. With that screw removed you can emasculate his tail and set that piece off to one side. With that piece out of the way you can now swing the arm down into the position shown above to access a hidden screw. Remove it and the other screws highlighted and you should be able to prise the tail away from the main body of Trypticon. (five screws in total circled) If you want to completely split the tail to make it easier, there are two further screws within the inside of the tail that can remove, but I found them hard to get to with my screwdrivers and in the end didn't need to. You can then lift the rest of the tail away and here we can see the problem. This crosshead piece just isn't strong enough to cope with the ratchet, it is stressed and slightly warped. Inside the tail... is the other part of this side of the ratchet. This is where the problem lies, these pieces should really be fixed together to create a strong connection. Let's do that. You may well be able to pry out that piece of the assembly but I couldn't so now we resort to spatchcocking our Trypticon and take the body apart to get to that bloody thing Remove these four screws, then flip open the transformation bit... ... And remove these four too, that should allow you to get Tryp seperated and ready for the BBQ! If you are having problems with getting the door out even with force now is a good time to do it since it can now be lightly sanded/lubricated without damaging it. Paydirt, note how this piece has two shorter edges to it's 'X'? This marries up with the tail and means that when reassembling you don't have to worry about putting him back together wrong. Glue that piece on to the tail, this is what we came here to do. I used a bit too much glue due to its dubious quality so it took a while to dry, apply pressure to ensure a proper weld between the two pieces for a few minutes. At this point you can screw the main body of Trypticon back together, so the four screws on the inside and those on the outside go back in along with Tryp's head assembly and the door after any remidial work that may need. Don't worry about the ratchet piece only being in on one side, it will work properly. Once the glue has dried with no movement between the two pieces you can reassemble by pushing the fixed piece into position and levering the other side back around, put all the screws back in (and the little wheel if it fell out of its housing Be sure to put the pieces together within the normal range of motion (or you won't be able to move it) and viola! One Trypticon with a tail that moves between the two positions without the feeling of breakage that hold in both the straight and horizontal position. I didn't feel like mine needed it but after doing this fix, not only has it got rid of the slight droop for apaceship mode, it feels like it has increased the lifespan of this great toy. Shame they hadn't done this at the factory really. Hope this all makes sense. I know it's a bit long but I wanted it to be comprehensive in what you need to watch out for and be aware of.