TR Slugslinger and Misfire

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Knightsword, Mar 4, 2017.

1. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The dual targetmasters don't need to be updated into headmasters, they need to remain targetmasters. TR Quake is just a quick re-use of the Hardhead mold to me, shouldn't block a legit update to his G1 form with targetmaster partners that are styled like T30 Scoops. In a similar vein, I don't consider TR Getaway to be a proper update to the G1 powermaster, but TR Powermaster Prime/Ginrai is a fair update since he was the only one in his size/gimmick group in G1. Triggerhappy, Misfire, and Slugslinger being changed to headmasters is kinda irritating to me, but since it is already done and the group is complete, I can deal I suppose.

+-MWG-+

2. Icantthinkofagoodname

Icantthinkofagoodname Amateur Transformers customizer

Looks like they're not using the torso rotation for Misfire or Slugslinger. In fact, it kind of looks like the nosecone is going to move up and back on a double hinge to cover the cockpit, and I don't think the wings move up with the shoulders. If I'm correct, the transformation will go something like this: IMG_2430.JPG

3. scamper

scamper Well-Known Member

fair enough - I thought it was a little nuts until I starting playing around with Quake ( only version of the mould I had to hand) - everything's in just about the right place for it to work with a bit of creativity..

4. Skottech

Skottech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    my idea is that the rotation is probably going to be more akin to topspin's back rotation vs Triggerhappy's chest/cockpit rotation, unless you mean the waist section

5. shin03

shin03 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I too would love targetmasters instead. I just think Hasbro is off on a tangent of making every master class figure a head master. Just a personal preference that characters in the same group in G1 stay in the same group in generations.

Quake, while being one of my favorite toys growing up, is a rather obscure character that I don't think they'll make another of for a long time to fit with any targetmasters. Besides, I think the use of hardhead's mold works really well for him.

if they do make TR versions of the targetmasters, some of them might just get titan master figures instead of full blown deluxes anyway: the only aspect of the TR line I don't like but can live with.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  6. Icantthinkofagoodname

Icantthinkofagoodname Amateur Transformers customizer

It really doesn't look like the rotation is involved at all. In one of the pictures, you can kind see the top of the torso is at the front of the jet mode. It also looks like the panels the arms are attached to swing straight up to where the shoulders would be. Plus, based on the way the waist rotation is set up, it wouldn't make sense for the entire cockpit to rotate around 180 degrees. I could be completely wrong, but that's just the way it looks to me
    IMG_2432.JPG IMG_2433.JPG

7. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    I heartily agree. Sadly Hasbro's more random approach for this line after giving us complete line-ups for CW (and i understand the reasons) has gotten me spooked enough to buy them nonetheless. So i hope they do the other Powermasters and double targetmasters tr style rather than give us a new Quake and Getaway.
    But i guess if they do i can just put tr Getaway on the IDW shelf and Quake on the SG/Classics one.

Also i think Sureshot and Joyride from Hardhead might work, and i am a strong supporter of the Pointblank from Hot Rod theory.

• Like Like x 1
  8. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    Misfire's black head in official photo from Hasbro. 3-6-2017 1-55-56 PM.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  9. Autobot Hound

Autobot Hound Combaticon

News Credits:
    True, that's how I finally figured out that yes, that really is Misfire, lol. But the bot mode is how I'd display him. I dunno, I'll see how the final version looks. IDW Misfire is so firmly in my head that if he doesn't look that way, he's not as must-buy for me. (Also, since when does Misfire have blue eyes? :O )

10. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

YES! Although I wish it had IDW's eyes instead of the visor.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Transmorph633

Transmorph633 Drifter

News Credits:
    Looks great so far.  

Hopefully this will round out the last couple of waves of titan returns

Legends

Beachcomber
    Outback

Rumble
    Eject

Steel Jaw
    Ramhorn

Deluxe

Sureshot 
    Crosshairs
    Pointblank

Voyager

Apeface 
    Snapdragon
    Rodimus?

Leader

Greatshot

• Like Like x 3
  12. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    Oh ok. Fair enough. Certainly seems like a clear cut case.

ah, hold on a second.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  13. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I am curious. I take it that Slugslinger's head takes nods from the marvel comic and or the HM cartoon. I kind of wish they did the visor eye look. At least they made his gun look like his old Targetmaster gun. Woudl still be happeir if these guys were Targetmasters.

14. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

Well, there is always the Shapeways guys for an IDW face.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow, these look great!

For those wanting official TMs, I believe there are the Micron exclusive from Japan a couple years back.

16. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    Oh man these look great. Can’t get excited over them just yet though, it’ll take at least a year before Takara releases those two :( 

• Like Like x 1
  17. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Slugslinger doesn't seem that far off from a potential Snapdragon retool. At least the bot mode is close.
    Either way, these are looking amazing!

• Like Like x 1
  18. GotBot

GotBot Titan class

Loving these and so glad they are coming. Like some, it would be great if they were target masters, but I can accept Triggerhappy as it, like these guys, I think, because they are more fringe characters.  Totally agree with Transmorph633\'s round out list too. That would be fantastic for sure.

19. Galva12

Galva12 Galvatron's "YES" Men

HELL YEAH!!!!!!  I have been waiting for Misfire and my wish came true!  I\'m gonna get him ,then take my husband out for steak!

• Like Like x 3
  20. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

I wasn't sure if Hasbro was going to get around to these guys prior to Titans Return being replaced by Prime Wars, but I'm glad they're doing them.