Minor/Repaint: TR Sentinel Prime

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by ph4zed, Aug 13, 2016.

1. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I like the mold for this guy, but he looked like someone dunked him in buffalo sauce. (Attached pics are below)

I have some more touch-ups to do after he's set for a day and one or two spots to scrape with an exacto, but here you go...

I used the flash with some of these just to bring the colors out a bit more... and for added randomness, I took some with a blacklight :) 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stock pic for reference :

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. asphalt

asphalt King of the road

Ebay:
    Shiny and Chrome.

3. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    and gold!

4. THEOrize2000

THEOrize2000 Well-Known Member

He took a very specific bath in the Golden Lagoon.

5. thunder117

thunder117 Magna Defender

Ebay:
    Is it wrong that I want someone to customize a Sentinel Prime using the blacklight deco?

6. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Funny, just your repaint made me see all the things in this mold that were always there, that were how Sentinel was always depicted in IDW. I thought they changed his design. Well, they sort of did, but most things are still there. Your repaint somehow made it more pop and made it click. I feel baffled I did not see before how good the mold actually suits Sentinel Prime.

7. kalron

kalron Technician/Sculptor

News Credits:
    Why...why were these paint apps not factory? Such a small amount of paint properly applied turns this from an offensively visual mess into a strong character representation. Great work.

8. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Ever since I was a little kid, I've always been fascinated by things that fluoresce... I remember my mom buying one of those 25W incandescent black light bulbs that barely did anything, but it was enough to get me hooked with my fluorescent crayons lol.

I took an armada unicron head and customized it to go on the black energon uni's body... with some UV reactive green paints to give a subtle pop under black light.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Also painted up a set of wings to glow behind him, sort of like when he got charged up at the beginning of the movie.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

and I used UV reactive yellow/orange when I repainted my Sunstorm

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I've seen some people talk about what the Takara version is going to look like, because they usually are the ones that do more paint apps. I'm glad I could reaffirm your faith in hasbro hehe. Have you seen the hasbro Astrotrain yet? He looks like he could use some paint too :( 

Especially on his face... I think that and the turrets on his arms are really what brought this to life for me. Thank you :)