TR Grotusque Page back up at TRU

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Rumble02, Dec 7, 2017.

1. geekatron prime

geekatron prime The guy that taught Megatron everything he knows TFW2005 Supporter

:lolol 

2. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Great Shot!

News Credits:
    Back on topic: I wish Hasbro Toy Shop ships internationally. Hmm, but that discussion/debate that's another whole can of worms all together.. :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  3. TILallrRUST

TILallrRUST Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone wanna help out a brit here?

4. Dedcliff

Dedcliff Member

Hello, I\'m in the UK and would like to get hold of a Titans Return Arcee and Grotusque, without the additional cost of using a freight-forwarding company and premium priced shipping. Is there anyone in the US that might be interesting in a trade for toys that are accessible in the UK, but perhaps hard to find in the US?

5. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime End of Days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well my grotesque should be arriving today. I'm giddy like a school girl

• Like Like x 2
  6. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Dutch e-tailer TF Robots still has a couple of both.
    I don't know if that's convenient for you.

• Like Like x 1
  7. geekatron prime

geekatron prime The guy that taught Megatron everything he knows TFW2005 Supporter

Keep stirring that pot huh? :D 

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rated X

Rated X Well-Known Member

Dude your obsessed...you really are trying to be the champion for scalpers. Im already bored of this debate I inadvertently started and you want to drag it into infinity.

Im not interested in asking board members anything about who you are or what you do. When I buy from an ebay seller, all I get is a name and address. Not a profile of their life and what websites they are affiliated with plus their screen names. So telling me that Joe Blow and John Doe can confirm you are not a scalper is pointless. Obviously those are youre friends online, not in person.

You ask why I bring up honor?

Heres the scenario:

A. Order just one figure and leave the rest for fellow collectors to buy at retail price.

B. Buy them all or as manny as you can and sell them to fellow collectors at a jacked up price to benefit you.

Which has more honor? ( if the word "honor" bothers you, replace it with the word respect, morals, conscience, integrity, or any other word with a similar meaning)

I drew a line in the sand. Its your choice which side your going to step on. But you cant be on one side of the line and defend the other. If you take issue with scalping like I do, denounce it. You can start by denouncing the guy who wants over $200 for Grotesque I posted. However, If you think scalping is peferctly okay, just say so and move on. Youre trying to be the devils advocate but you are doing a horrible job. (Oh I dont scalp, but let me pick a fight with the guy speaking out against scalping because I dont like all the attention hes getting)

You need a hug...:) 

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018 at 10:48 AM
  9. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Great Shot!

News Credits:
    Well... im no s*$# stirrer..honest! Im just lamenting the fact that most US toy shops dont send stuff overseas.

• Like Like x 3
  10. geekatron prime

Was just kidding dude. It sucks for you folks overseas. You would think a big company like tru, that have stores all over, would include international shipping. Even with their finacial problems, you'd think they would want to make a profit from anywhere they could.

• Like Like x 2
  11. mcart

mcart Lighter shade of dork

News Credits:
    Agreed, however international shipping is a bit more of a pain with customs forms to fill in and such. Not too much of a pain but still you need to deal with people in the UK, for example (not dissing the Brits, let me finish, lol) who will ask you to declare a lower value so they don't get hit by customs charges, other countries people will probably need to make other requests.

Maybe they consider that all the extra paperwork isn't worth it? Still think they should though, we're in the 21st century now!

That said, I just needed to do a wire transfer from France to the USA. I had to send a handwritten letter by post. Handwritten. By post! Good job I don't need the money quickly, takes about a week for a letter to get to France...

Anyways my Grotusque should be arriving tomorrow, can't wait to finally have this guy in hand!

those that I have communicated with, I'll be in touch with you all end of next week so we can work out shipping arrangements. As long as these are for sale I don't mind doing another few in a couple of weeks but 3-4 is the most I can float at a time.

• Like Like x 2
  12. lordsmurf

lordsmurf Well-Known Member

We often have no choice.

A box the size and weight of this figure will usually push it to require Priority Mail International service, which is not cheap. Shipping this may be $23 First Class, or more likely $34 Priority. The online shipping methods (Stamps.com, etc) are sometimes not as accurate as the actual post office for international. You don't want a shipment arriving postage due -- or worse, returned to sender for postage due.

• Like Like x 2
  13. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And you have reading comprehension issues :lol  Where did I try to champion scalpers? All I'm saying is you're wasting your time on the internet, whining about something you have absolutely no control over and will never have any amount of control over. If you had any kind of semblance of reading comprehension, you would have understood that. Yet you're trying to go on some ridiculous crusade so you can come out to be some kind of a hero for all toy collectors :lol  And you say I'm obsessed when it's clear you didn't even bother trying to understand anything you read in my post...if you read anything at all, and you're continuing this internet crusade fruitlessly :lol  Do you have any idea how silly you're making yourself look right now? Or rather how much I'm laughing when I read your responses? All over toys dude. All over toys. :lol  We're not all ninjas or samurais going out there in the wild trying to beat each other in finding a toy while wearing a sword at our hips. :lol 

Let me give you nickel's worth of free advice dude. You can only control what YOU do. You cannot control what other people do. The sooner you realize that, or get that epiphany, then you'll look back and realize just how much time you've wasted whining on an internet forum :lol  I say that because I've done it in the past, and I'm sure my posts condemning scalpers is around the forums somewhere. Also, you'll also see that you're resembling one of those snowflakes that absolutely LOVE labeling people or shaming them only because the other person is disagreeing with your opinion on how things should be. :lol  You can draw all the lines in the sand you want. Those of us who know better, and have better things to do with our time than to even give an iota of a second to a scalper will just steer clear of your obsessive battle with scalpers of any kind. As I said, we got lives to live. We got better things in life to care/worry about than a damned scalper. But if you've got time to waste on this, then it must be nice. #1stWorldProblems

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018 at 2:11 PM
    • Like Like x 5
  14. seanlockyer

seanlockyer UCF: 2017 National Champions

Ebay:
    Well, this thread is giving me flashbacks to the 2016 election.

Not going down that path again guys. I almost got banned.

15. geekatron prime

Before this gets derailed any further.

Whoo Hoo! My Grotusque is in the house!
    :music :dj 
    :buttrock :buttrock :buttrock :buttrock :buttrock :buttrock 

• Like Like x 4
  16. Large

Large Currently marathoning coffee. Done Quick.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    And I still haven't received anything ! I'm beginning to suspect you wanna breakup.

• Like Like x 2
  17. mcart

News Credits:
    Ah no Large I sent it months ago, I addressed it correctly

Large
    Somewhere in Paris
    France

How the heck could it not be with you?!!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Rated X

Rated X Well-Known Member

Dude you are like super obsessed with me. Right now im at work so no time for long ass posts. Another time on another topic. Im done here.

By the way im Generation X so I dont write words with a damn pound sign #

19. Large

Large Currently marathoning coffee. Done Quick.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Oh well, can't be mad at you anyway.
    Curious, as it is indeed the very correct adress. Mhmm. Must been with my Grotusque then.
    NOWHERE.

20. mcart

News Credits:
    If you need a Grotusque I don't mind being your mule, lol.

• Like Like x 2