TR Grotusque Page back up at TRU

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Rumble02, Dec 7, 2017.

1. G1 Liokaiser

G1 Liokaiser Destron

News Credits:
    I really hope Hasbro keeps up with the demand for this figure and makes enough for everyone to get a chance to get it.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Gallade

Gallade HSR and Transformers Enjoyer

News Credits:

3. Zethrofax

Zethrofax Well-Known Member

it hasn't been actually relisted yet.

• Like Like x 2
  4. neeral36

neeral36 The Lost Wrecker

News Credits:
    It has not gone up for sale for the first time yet. They are just trying to get everyone salivating over the thought of being able to get it. TRU will of course fail miserably as usual. They had a success with Arcee so, the ying to that yang must be full filled; Unicron demands a sacrifice!!!

5. W-P38

W-P38 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cool. Have moved on to POTP, but I've acquired all exclusives for TR and CW, so this guy was on my list.

Strangely, independent of this find, I swear I searched TRU online just last night and all that came up was Arcee.

What I didn't realize is that we're getting a Scorponok Headmaster (!)... As Headmaster leader and eventual Decepticon emperor, he actually appears in his diminutive Headmaster form on the Headmasters series more than he does in his Transtector. Given he's in his 'titanmaster/headmaster' form most of the time, this will do until we get a proper Titan Class Black Zarack/Scorponok. Haven't cared for any of the special Titan masters that come alone (without a transtector), but this makes sense because the character is an original Headmaster and appears most often in that form (even when commanding the massive Six Shot or standing in opposition to Galvatron)

Re-linked to the proper page. Now the daily check begins... also need to give Doublecross someone to hang with (he's a bit isolated...)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  6. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire Banned

News Credits:
    Just another useless Titan Master with no body to go along with Rodimus, Grimlock, Swoop, Ultra Magnus, Repugnus, Fangry etc. The worst & dumbest part of this line. I just can't figure out WTF Hasbro is thinking sometimes. SO STUPID!!! Maybe in POTP They'll start selling bodies without heads?

7. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    They were for kids who lost heads to be able to get cheap replacements, chill out

• Like Like x 2
  8. Furnace

Furnace Antroid at a picnic

I\'m all in for the Scorpinok head but that Grotusque...I don\'t know... he\'s just a little too...grotusque? 

9. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    A diecast exclusive titanmaster for kids who lost heads? o_O 

• Like Like x 3
  10. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire Banned

News Credits:
    A few problems with that theory:

1. If kids lost heads they would most likely want a replacement of the exact head they lost. I know I would have when I was a kid.
    2. Hasbro knows most TF collectors would want the entire character body & all. WTF are we supposed to do with just the head of a character?
    3. How many kids know who Repugnus is??? Unless their father tells them about G1 nobody is going to have a clue.

Also, why make only 2 out of the 3 Monsterbots? Repugnus is my favorite so I totally got screwed!

11. W-P38

W-P38 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, my passage was in support of this particular character coming this far only in Titanmaster form. For the fact that in Headmasters that's the form you see him in the most, despite his diminutive physical status. I do, however, agree with you on Ultra Magnus, Rodimus Prime, and so forth - in particular if the character was never a Headmaster to begin with. Although certain uses have been clever, i.e., Starscream's head for Octane.

Hasbro was particularly clever, imo, with Arcee. Not only is her Titanmaster Daniel, but that's a story line that is exclusive to the American series during Rebirth. The Japanese Headmasters not only did not make Arcee a Headmaster, but stuck her at the base to be a housewife and never fight a single battle (oh, Japan). Who knows if Takara will ever even release her since the Thrilling 30 version takes up the place for the Legends line (best Arcee, yet, IMO)

Somewhat ironically, at least you have the Titanmaster version of Repugnus to 'complete' the three Monster bots!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Boople Barp

Boople Barp Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Or, maybe they're doing it expecting some people like swapping heads around. They're going to revisit all these characters eventually, just not right now. In the meantime, they released extra heads to interact with the play pattern. You'll get your headmaster juniors when they inevitably come for your wallet in Titans Return Again.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    The titanmaster class in general, the diecast ones are literal bonuses packed in with exclusives
    1. Too bad, if little Timmy loses the head to twinferno maybe his parents wouldn’t want to pay $15 to replace it, instead opting to pay $5 for a replacement head. Maybe Timmy should have been more responsible with his things

2. Again, too bad. You realize collectors aren’t the end all be all of hasbros target audience right?

3. You know who else kinds don’t know about? Thunderhoof, fracture, bisk, or any other number of new characters so why would a late era g1 character be any different? Why does it matter that they are from g1, a new character is a new character to a kid who doesn’t know better.

• Like Like x 4
  14. W-P38

W-P38 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Headmaster Jrs!

I'm slightly disappointed about Pretenders being reduced to Decoy Armors, although Metalhawk also has a badass exclusive TR deluxe of his inner robot to make a nice set (sure beats the $1500 going rate for a MISB G1 original!). I would certainly be behind Deluxe Headmaster Jrs (Shuto!)

• Like Like x 2
  15. neeral36

News Credits:
    The diecast Ultra Magnus and Scorponok are perfect premium fodder to be Overlord's boob bots.

• Like Like x 1
  16. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

I really really really hope I can get this one for my son. He is a big fan of the monster bots. Why limit this design? What kid wouldn't love a giant pink winged demon gopher?

:drool: 

• Like Like x 2
  17. Mirimus

Mirimus Member Known Well

Disturbing.

18. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If he's angry about it then maybe kids don't want replacement heads.

• Like Like x 1
  19. neeral36

News Credits:
    Someone had to say it, so why not me. The holes are there so you mine as well put something in them. Be it headmasters or the power of the primes cube thingys.

• Like Like x 1
  20. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

I bet once that little sale for 19.99 is over he will be stock.... bullocks

• Like Like x 3