TR Chaos on Velocitron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Maz, Mar 15, 2017.

1. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I suspect there may be a few more to come once the Movie push starts on Monday.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the BBTS Set go up then.

• Like Like x 2
  2. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    I vaguely recall someone saying that BBTS can't start taking pre-orders for the next TR wave until the 24th April (Monday) - with the theory the Siege on Cybertron set will be pre-orderable then too.

• Like Like x 2
  3. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    24th is the official street date for The Last Knight news.tfw2005.com/2017/02/18/toy-fair-2017-transformers-panel-coverage-333630

We've seen that date slapped on a Broadside box Instagram post by Trooper Bear • Mar 25, 2017 at 7:50pm UTC so it's a reasonable assumption they'll be some other goodies that day.

(If W4 has been officially delayed in the west till almost May, does that then mean no Wave 5 till nearly August?)

• Like Like x 1
  4. cutestprincess

cutestprincess Well-Known Member

I sent in my Velocitron set to exchange it with Hasbro for one that wasn't missing any heads a few weeks ago. It arrived laat Wednesday, but I haven't heard anything from back from Hasbro about if/when they sent out the replacement. I was optimistically hoping it would come today, but no luck. If it doesn't show up tomorrow I'll be worried though.

For those of you with past experience exchanging things with Hasbro, is this normal?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Chucez

Chucez Well-Known Member

I once sent in my Combiner wars First Aid, be cause the HFG didn't have the slot that would allow it to mount onto First Aid. Anyway, after I sent it in, I eventually got it back. I day eventually because I didn't really care to remember how long it took the replacemnt to get back to me.

• Like Like x 1
  6. MyTea Boc

Ebay:
    The Cadre of Camien Crusaders together at last! (excuse the crap quality)

IMAG1504[1].jpg

My set sped its way from the states and I could not be happier with how most of the figures turned out. No QC problems that they are just awesome. Surprize at how much i love Quickswitch. Easy decision selling FP Madlaw in place of this guy. The colours really pop on QS, and all these figures.

Little disappointed in Fastlane though. I'm typically fine with the 'basically g1 toy with articulation' approach, but when the transformation is this simplistic and the altmode highlighly unconvincing... meh. Hes fine, I just hope that split in his legs means the cloudraker has a more involved transformation.

In full-on love with Lazer Prime. I liked the standard TR version, but the G2 colouring on this guy is ticking all my boxes. Plus popping Loudmouth on there works very well in my humble opinion.

IMAG1505[1].jpg
    Also the Rodimus Prime head works a lot better on TR hotrod than I expected. I'd planned to swap the face plates between titanmasters, but now I'm happy to keep them as-is.

Can't wait to get more time to mess around with these guys at the weekend. Also more eager than ever to see the other boxsets Hasbro might have lined up for us.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wounder if that sticker was pit there by accident? If it were a mistake I wounder if it would explain the lack of product some of have been seeing.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    Yeaaaaah, just like I expected that Nautica is pretty out of place with the already released fembots.

9. MyTea Boc

Ebay:
    Yeah, she is a bit out of place with their design, but still a great figure in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Just a guy waiting for the perfect Whirl

News Credits:
    I still have Quickswitch for sale if anyone is looking for one.

Edit: sold

Last edited: May 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    it's tempting, I sold mine and part of me wants him back haha :D 

• Like Like x 1
  12. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 1
  13. cutestprincess

Hey, so I got an email from Hasbro. Apparently, because it's a TRU exclusive, they don't have any to send me and want to send me a product of "equal value"...
    I should have known better than to trust that rep saying I had to send it in. She implied that they would ba able to send me another one and that the replacement thing was just a possibility, but apparently it was NEVER really possible.
    I've emailed them telling them to just send me back what I sent them instead, but I'm not going to hold my breath. I feel totally bamboozled. If I had known this shit would happen I would have never sent it in.

So, in short, if you get a set with something missing, DON'T SEND IT IN. DON'T MAKE MY MISTAKE. Try working with TRU directly instead!

• Like Like x 3
  14. slideshot

slideshot Well-Known Member

Ouch. Sorry to hear that. I think the last time I heard about that was with the MP Starscream that were out. Someone got a Stomp & Chomp Grimlock from Hasbro as their "equal value" product.

So, enjoy your soon to be Stomp & Chomp Grimlock. :cry 

• Like Like x 3
  15. cutestprincess

In the meantime, I just went to the toys r us where I first purchased the Velocitron set and found that despite it being over two weeks, they still had one set in stock. The box was damaged but everything was inside, so I got a discount on it. Not ideal, but at least it's less of a hit on my wallet. Gotta look on the bright side in these shitty situations.

Oh jeez, I fucking hope not.

I'm hoping I can get back what I sent them and just sell off the figures that are complete to recoup the loss. Or if they send me a different boxset like one of the CW ones that they probably have back stock of, either keep it or resell it depending on what it is.
    I really should have tried returning it to TRU first, but I was so sure they wouldn't have any in stock and that because it had been a couple weeks since my purchase that it would be a lost cause.

• Like Like x 1
  16. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

I fell for that trap during the 25th Anniversary GI*JOE run. It took me forever to find Snowjob. And when I finally did, his hand snapped off right out of the package. At the time, the figure was hard to find. I cared more about getting a good figure than I was concerned about the money. So I sent them the damaged Snowjob. And in return, I got...Sigma 6 Arctic Duke.

• Like Like x 2
  17. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Ok, as annoying as it is, I get the idea of having to send a substitute figure under certain circumstances, but for Hasbro to claim "equal value" for this (these?) garbage is just insulting. There should be some legal remedy. Just because they may have similar MSRP should be wholly insufficient to claim "equal value."

18. SuperSlacker

SuperSlacker Guy who lives in Nemesis Prime's sleeper cab

On vacation and decided to check the local TRU for the elusive Chaos on Velocitron set, or maybe get lucky & find an early Sky Shadow. Think I know why none have hit my TRU yet... they're all hiding here!

image.jpeg

• Like Like x 8
  19. hightail

hightail Banned

Facebook:
    god, i wish that was my TRU.

• Like Like x 4
  20. SuperSlacker

SuperSlacker Guy who lives in Nemesis Prime's sleeper cab

Wish I had the money to spare buying more than the one I picked up >_<

• Like Like x 2