TR Chaos on Velocitron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Maz, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Yes, a bit of 3P extrapolation, the clone/twind gimmick was identical bot modes and different alts, one ground based the other air based for both pairs they also had differently designed & coloured pairs of guns (sadly lacking in the sets it seems) and two rubsigns each, one for faction and the other revealing the secret of which one they were by showing their alt mode (if you didn't want to just turn 'em round and look at the back, of course).

I will be gobsmacked if some 3P like Beezleboss or Perfect Effect don't knock out a comic-accurate nosecone & wrench set for her, and seriously think that might have been a consideration made for the adult collector market when Team Hasbro decided to use Blurr as a base.

• Like Like x 4
  2. marvel b

marvel b beard, blood red, banjo, bot, buddy.

News Credits:
    okay good! less incentive to hold onto him! my combining addiction might not of let me sell him until i saw it!

3. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy グーグル 翻訳は素晴らしいです!

News Credits:

4. primalxconvoy

News Credits:
    And it wasn't frenzy rumble (and it seems rude of you to mention someone by name when they are not here to defend themselves. It might even break rules?). There was a recent thread about one or two other customisers, that was started at this board, that had people complaining about them. When I suggested one of the customisers, someone else stated that THEY weren't trustworthy. As for being deeply offended by "Hasblow", well that's your problem. I use it in a specific context and not all the time when referring to Hasbro. I'd refer to Takara as "Bakara" if and when I thought they had made a mistake, too.

It seems yo me that you have some emotional baggage from the past, and are attributing it to me. In the future, all you need to do is either reply and continue the conversation, report someone (of they break rules) or simply click the ignore button. Why go on a rant and then ignore them? Seems like a waste to me.

• Like Like x 1
  5. primalxconvoy

News Credits:
    Thanks. In what way are they acceptable? You mean that they are not headmasters?

I wonder if this means that the next line will continue to feature other season 3/4 characters (and beyond) without being headmasters?

6. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    They did.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  7. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Yea I barely remember cat thing and red car from G1 anyways. The 2nd to cheapest figures being the main draw for these box sets? Hell no. Quickswitch and Optimus with stickers retaining the burning the forest down image despite being an Autobot leader appeal to me much more than some obscure guys from G1 that reminded me of Kabaya gum kits or bootlegs back in the day.

• Like Like x 3
  8. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    Yup. I'm more pumped for the Voyagers & deluxes than the clone guys. Nice to have, but not my reason for buying.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same here. That Laser Prime, Nautica, Tidal Wave, and Metal Hawk are the big drawscreen for me.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    I like to think of boxsets they could do.

Leader Soundwave/Soundblaster (Marvel colors)
    Voyager Galvatron/Darkmount Megatron (1986 toy colors)
    Deluxe Nightbeat/Muzzle remolded from Chromedome + Loudmouth
    Scout Ratbat (new mold, also has robot mode)
    Titan Master Megatron/Doomshot (Marvel colors)

• Like Like x 2
  11. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Given that the G1 Clones were only ever released as pairs, I'm actually a bit surprised to see them released in any other way now.

That said, two Clones packaged together would presumably be too large for a Deluxe set, and make for a small-looking Voyager set (pricing isn't off by much. Just the appearance on size, to my mind). If Hasbro went this route at all, we'd almost certainly be looking at Store exclusives. (No harm, no foul, on that point, since the box sets we are getting are store exclusives)

All four packaged together as a set for the Leader price point? The pricing still works, but I again wonder if the box design would have to be something different than standard.

Something to consider, at least as long as were pipe-dreaming "what might have been."

• Like Like x 1
  12. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    I assume you're suggesting that this represents a change in the modern era versus the 80s, since it really does bear repeating that this is exactly what they did back then.

13. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Sets like these are likely IMO because that way the other 2 clones could be packed in and it's a way to get Soundblaster and Twincast.

14. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Of course.

Back then they could field all those 'new' characters with a new gimmick each year.
    Again...I think it is only due to the wideline gimmick and shared engineering which made the huge character line ups in Combiner Wars and Titans Return - including obscure characters - possible in the first place.

Had they done it like previous years, you wouldn't have seen so many characters.
    "Generations" would have been filler padded a lot more with repaints from Bay toys and possibly RiD.

So when I see people complaining about some box sets or damned gimmick this or that...

Yeah.... well.... if it weren't for that.... we might not have a TriggerHappy, Slugslinger and Misfire or Clones now .. like AT ALL.

* edit : coming back to these Clones in the box set.

Think of this real world scenario and many variations of it :

Uncle John wants to buy little Timmy the TF fan a Transformer for his bday.

So he buys a Transformer and gives it to Timmy. Timmy says thanks, but sad face because he already has that character. Uncle John reluctantly returns opened box TF.

A year later Timmy turns a year older again. Uncle John looks in TRU what to buy Timmy.
    Sees Clones boxset. Both packaged in robotmode. "Hey. They look identical. Wait a minute. I don't wanna risk last years scenario again - because these two dudes look the freaking same".

Again.... here in the fandom we only see things from our own hardcore fan singular point of view and on top of that, often as a single consumer.
    Especially in contemporary times, I can see the logic of Hasbro NOT doing a clones boxset.

Instead, be glad that you're getting those characters at all.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  15. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    It isn't the 1980's now, so selling two of what looks to be the same figure in the same package (with nothing else) might not be a well thought out plan in this day and age for Hasbro. Between that and not fitting in any particular price point on their own, makes them fodder for bigger sets like this.

You'll note even the Asian exclusive packs with Scourge & a Sweep and Wreck-Gar & a Junkion, the characters have different head sculpts at least (and haven't even seen US retail).

Randy

• Like Like x 2
  16. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    You'll presumably see that I've said much of this on my own in the very next post below the one of mine you're quoting.

That said, it's still only speculation. Although it seems that Hasbro MUST have a different position now, because not only does the original precedent exist, but one imagines that even today, any decision not to bundle the clones together (with or without other figures in a set) would be so counter-intuitive as to absolutely be intentional.

17. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

In regards to the inclusion of the clones - Hasbro knows they have to put something totally new in these sets to help sell them, but I don't think many fans are buying them just for the clones. It may help with sales for the sets we've yet to see. If someone gets one or both of the sets we've seen, they may be inclined to get the later set(s) with the matching clone(s) to complete the pair(s). Godbomber will do the same if rumors are true about him being in a future set.

While Takara is likely to release these molds, there is no guarantee that Hasbro will re-release them down the road. If they do re-issue figures viewed as selling points from these sets collectors may be less inclined to buy the sets that follow for the exclusive characters/molds and instead hold out for cheaper re-issues later.

18. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] FIGHT!

News Credits:
    Need IRL package pics of these box set...

Did Hasbro put them out yet? I am aware of the individual bots' showcase at NY Toyfair earlier this month, thou.

19. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] FIGHT!

News Credits:
    Yup, along with the boxed set of the Decepticon Clones, Pounce and Wingspan.

• Like Like x 1
  20. primalxconvoy

News Credits:
    Plus, how does that explain the G1 Insecticon boxed or the G1 coloured/remolded film Dinobot sets sold recently? Identical or similar colour schemes are basically the same as clones.

That's probably why some boxed sets have large illustrations on the front instead of a window; to show different modes, etc. In fact, both of the clones could come packaged in their alt modes, if they so wished.