TR Chaos on Velocitron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Maz, Mar 15, 2017.

1. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    did you not read the quotes a few posts above from John Warden himself stating that the clones are EXCLUSIVE to the boxsets?

2. Ronbot1986

Ronbot1986 Golden Age

Nope and thats why I asked

3. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Exclusive to the US anyway. I don't think a BBTS/TRU deal is going to stop Takara from releasing the clones to their fanbase.

4. Mecheon

Mecheon Grumpy Dinosaur Nerd

I mean, the problem with that is you're talking to me who looks at this set and goes "Oh, I get a Fastlane along with my inevitable purchase of Quickswitch, Laser Prime and Nautica? Well, let me just slap down the money"

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ronbot1986

Ronbot1986 Golden Age

So much going on in the TF world. This site is very helpful.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    I don't believe Japan originally received the Clones. That gives some pause for concern, as we never saw a proper Scoop with yellow head and bucket, much to my dismay.

I want to see the Clones released properly, and I hope TakaraTomy can be our savior yet again.

7. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover The Bob Bomber

News Credits:
    I think you're misreading (or I poorly stated) what my horse in this race is - I'm actually happy we're getting non-standard figures in box sets and hope they do more this way. I think Hasbro learned (or is learning) the right lesson from how the CW box sets sold - new parts/features/molds move more box sets than straight repaints. I'd love to get the Powerdashers or something equally obscure (and probably found to be non-starters by Hasbro marketing as single releases) tossed into box sets. I totally get why other people don't want exclusive molds in semi-expensive sets, but I see it as Hasbro's design team finding a clever way to stretch their budget to appease both we the fans and the marketing/accounting killjoys at Hasbro.

As to whether we might see a box set of clones down the road (I agree that we won't see them in TR), I imagine it depends on how well these sets sell and any perceived demand for these figures afterwards. I have no idea how/why Hasbro decided to re-issue Cosmos (w/no TR compatibility) - maybe they hit their budget and just found the first usable mold out of storage, maybe they realized he was a legend class figure that didn't saturate as well as fans might have hoped. If it's the latter, I could see (if demand exists), a Platinum Edition set of all four Clones come out in a couple years.

8. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    they were definitely released in Japan back in the day so I am too hoping that Takara saves the day on these

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  9. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    I wasnt arguing against you specifically - but rather trying to show everyone the business logic behind the reason to not sell clones.
    A clones box set would ask parent x to justify purchase of 2 identical looking robot figures. I dont think Hasbro is able to sell that proposition to either the sharehilders or the mass consumer public.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    I'm sure people will and despite a few very vocal detractors, the sets seem to be big hits with the majority. I'm very excited to see what the "Firepower" and "Intelligence" sets give us along with the remaining clones.

While I acknowledge TFW isn't the best sampling size I do find it ironic that in this thread some people are kicking up massive fusses over the Clones being in box sets, while outside of this thread there are two "What's your favourite figure in the set" polls and the clones are winning neither. Definitely appears to be the vocal minority that care that these massively obscure characters are packed in sets with much more popular characters.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Bob Schoonover

News Credits:
    Yeah, I see the clones as more of a neat little extra instead of the primary reason to buy. I mean, I'm glad we're getting them and everything, and I love size diversity in my collection, but if they were replaced with a couple Deluxe Insecticons or Deployers, I'd still get both sets (well, probably all four or six that they make, if I can be honest).

I think the other box set leader offerings will be fascinating. Godbomber seems obvious for one slot, but the rest could go in so many directions: JG1 (Soundblaster, Twincast), Marvel comics (Thunderwing), obscure G1 (Flywheels, Mainframe?), Diaclone (Delta Magnus), Energon (Megatron), etc. With the first two sets having an Optimus Prime, I wonder if the rest won't have some sort of anchor figure (Megatron, Starscream, Bumblebee, even more OP decos, e.g. Reverse Convoy w/optional Megatron head) to "headline" the sets.

12. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would like to see Mainframe from Blaster or Soundwave as the leader in the intelligence set.

Then the Firepower set could have Thunderwing from Sky's Shadow.

13. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy グーグル 翻訳は素晴らしいです!

News Credits:

Perhaps, but I'm worried that this will become commonplace. I hope they don't do this with future new figures.

14. Bob Schoonover

News Credits:
    I get your point of view. But I think you might consider taking a long view on this - if Hasbro's design team can get the budget to put new molds in different places under different budgets, that allows them to diversify their offerings. Yes, sometimes that'll mean there will be new molds buried in semi-expensive box sets, but that also means that those clone molds now exist, and may come back into use in the future (Takara, 4-pack Platinum Edition in 2019 or something else). Hasbro loves re-using their molds.

• Like Like x 1
  15. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy グーグル 翻訳は素晴らしいです!

News Credits:

Yes. I already made this point. It's part of the reason I won't support a full priced purchase of these sets. I'm sure that the twins will come out later by themselves.

16. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Rusting...

News Credits:
    I would like one set to have TR voyager Megatron in G2 colors.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Kingfish333

Kingfish333 Well-Known Member

Agree with this, and your earlier points. To me the clones are two of the few acceptible toys from the titans line.

• Like Like x 1
  18. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    His advice is absolutely helpful, you just like being difficult for the sake of doing so. You're also being incredibly offensive to those of us who are individual sellers with excellent feedback. The real problem is that you're selfish and you want it how you want it, screw everyone else because YOU are important.

^ This.

Oh, come on. You can't use Frenzy/Rumble as a good example. He was going to screw money out of people under the guise of being a customizer from the word go. He's a terrible example. There are plenty of good customizers out there who are seriously legit and make a pretty good living off of it, or a solid side job, at least.

And a customizer is not the same as an individual seller. You're just grasping at straws to win this argument you've created and it's backfired and you're desperate to win, but you can't because you've already failed so hard you've lost. Do without the figures you want, you do it to yourself and none of us are being given a reason to care about your misfortune in obtaining the figures when you act like the hat upon an ass.

"Hasblow" huh? Yeah, we're done. You're going on the block list. I'm too old and too tired to deal with the immature and self entitled. Go whine somewhere else, maybe they'll have some cheese for you.

• Like Like x 5
  19. shin03

shin03 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks like we have an instruction sheet for nautica. It almost looks like a distinctly new vehicle if you leave the vehicle nose off

IMG_1266.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  20. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Would have been nice if they had given her a different shaped vehicle nose/shield to better resemble the altmode depicted in mtmte. But i like her allright as is.

• Like Like x 1