TR Chaos on Velocitron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Maz, Mar 15, 2017.

1. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy グーグル 翻訳は素晴らしいです!

News Credits:
    That's great. I'm sure little Timmy and Nanny or Auny Doris knows about that in Arkansas. It's printed on all of the TF boxes, right? That's great! When they go to the shops and Timmy wants one of the figures in the box, but Doris says it's too expensive, they can just go straight there instead!

Anyway, I've been burnt dealing with individuals in the past. Heck, I've just read a thread about people complaining about famous customisers who are years behind with their promises to other fans. That's why I don't swap or sell with other fans unless it's face to face.

I don't really see that as an option. I'm sure for many though that's it's great, but it's hardly something Hasblow could use to justify their decision for this boxed set.

2. primalxconvoy

News Credits:

Again, you are posturing belief as fact. Unless you provide proof of your statement, I cannot accept it.

3. primalxconvoy

News Credits:

Not at all. I've already written that I'll be buying this from either Takara, or the Hasbro version when it's reduced. If it was sold separately by a seller i viewed as legit, then
    that too would be fine.

All of those options, however, point to the fact that (if enough people do so) these boxes sets were not a good idea by Hasblow. They should have sold the new figure individually.

4. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    I completely disagree, I like that Laser Prime comes with Quickswitch(who probably would've shelf warmed because really that guy had a diaper in G1 and no one liked him but now he looks considerably better). I like box sets, I am not coerced to do so.

I wouldn't write these off so soon, not when Titans Returns seems to sell well(at least in my area).

We should have more boxed sets. They make me feel special. 1 box with multiple toys. Reminds me of when I was a kid on Christmas morning. Oh and not having to pay up for a set at Botcon?

EVEN BETTER. Hell maybe TRU was the only retailer that wanted this set while everyone passed.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover The Last Starfighter

News Credits:
    Toy Fair 2017 - More Info On Generations Titans Return Clones From Boxsets - New Size, More Clones Coming? Transformers News Reviews Movies Comics and Toys

"I asked what size class Fastlane was; (John) Warden said they're their own and exclusive to the sets." - That should settle the clones not being part of the current collection of price points.

• Like Like x 3
  6. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Besides, why are we having pages and pages of arguments hinging on basically that single figure ?

It's actually irrelevant whether he's a new mold or a SKU league bound to a set.
    To person A, Fastlane might be the only interesting figure. But then there's person B who's only interested in Nautica. Person C is in it for Quickswitch AND LaserPrime. Person D likes them all !
    So... as we can see....... the interest and viewpoint differ per consumer. Fastlane isn't the crux of the matter here.

Actually, when you think about it : Wave release planning is not much different from a box set ; because the character line up planning also depends on their estimation of what will sell. Difference being.... they are not literallly and physically bound together in a single box. For example : Hasbro wouldn't be obliged to sell TR Sixshot in wave 3. They wouldn't be obliged to selll it all.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover The Last Starfighter

News Credits:
    I don't necessarily disagree on whether or not Fastlane is particularly special (or worth the amount of discussion he's receiving), although I think you're understating the novelty of a brand new mold at a completely arbitrary size class being produced exclusively for a box set. That's actually pretty cool and worthy of discussion.

Wave releases are actually different from box sets in one pretty serious way - the cost of toolings/production can be spread across the figures in different ways in a box set. If Godbomber is a bit more complex than a standard leader class figure, Hasbro may put in repaints (instead of retools like Nautica) into the third or fourth box set. The ability to pinch a little here to add a little something there can be brought to fruition in many more ways. Another example is post-clone box sets - Hasbro could replace the clones w/legend class figures and use the extra mold budget for more dramatic retoolings of the other molds.

• Like Like x 1
  8. marvel b

marvel b beard, blood red, banjo, bot, buddy.

News Credits:
    so stupid question....is the whole thing about fastlane and clouraker combining a 3rd party thing?

9. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm no apologist as I in fact hate them. However I can see why obscure cat guy and red car thing are in these box sets.

They're probably in the box sets because the bulk of the cost of the box sets may actually go towards the cat guy and red thing.

At Toy Fair Hasbro emphasized how there was no way in hell that they could release Mantis in the Guardians Of the Galaxy volume 2 wave 2 2017 wave 2 series assortment by itself and that they HAD, HAD, to make her the Build A Figure of Marvel Legends year 2017 Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 wave 2. So you're basically paying over $100 to build Mantis(which isn't even a big figure).

Might be a similar premise behind the box sets only all the figures are in 1 set instead of having to buy each figure separately with a part to build cat guy and red car.

Knowing how Hasbro case packs are I would rather not even try to track down each figure individually.

Each box set only has 1 brand new figure with the others being repaints or retools.

Everyone would walk away if cat guy and red car were $100 EACH, but throw in 4 other figures and a diecast(why?!) Titanmaster and suddenly that $100 seems way more reasonable.

While some may not accept what I am saying is fact I think my legendary reputation and countless battles(I tried counting, I can't) won on the internet speak for themselves.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I only want that prime, flastlane and nautica, they give me some nostalgic feeling.

11. Mecheon

Mecheon Reach heaven by violence

Alright.

1: Per Hasbro's own advice, the Clones are not a traditional size-class, being between Legend and Deluxe
    2: In the past, we are aware there have been issues with certain products not fitting in traditional size classes (Read the notes at the bottom)
    3: These are the only new molds being released in a set of otherwise remolds and repaints. Even the heads, while diecast, still have remolded bodies
    4: Its not 2001 any more. Toy space is at a premium and we have enough issues with distribution without having to put another size class
    5: Previous exclusives (Such as the Combiner Wars ones) have included unique molded features not present in standard versions (Computron and Victorion having hands/feet), or releasing otherwise non-released molds (Liokaiser having an Arms Micron) that would not be released at normal retail
    6: Per discussions on the paint budget, we know waves are budgeted for at the wave level and not the individual toy level
    7: Every size class above Legends in this line includes a Titan Master

Therefore, we can safely say these molds would not be released in retail outside of an exclusive boxset as
    1: They do not fit into an established size-class
    2: While we have cases where molds are released out of their 'budgetted' area, like the Rail Racer team, they are released in a size class up, not a size class down. They would not be released as Legends, they would have to be released as Deluxes
    3: The Clones are not Titan Masters, and could not be released as Deluxes as a consequence
    4: Unique molds and things of this nature has a historic precedence for only being released in box sets

Please provide evidence to the contrary if you feel I am wrong. Stating 'That is a belief' is not evidence.

• Like Like x 4
  12. primalxconvoy

News Credits:

Those are some interesting points, for sure, and, if true of the clones, would be a good reason for some sort of solution like a boxed set.

However, why not make two packs, or even a four pack of either one or two sets of clones? That way, they could sell it for the equivalent of a Voyager/leader figure? They could even throw in a mini vehicle/weapon if "more" was needed. That way, if it appears that other things are included with the figures, rather than the figures being included with a bunch of repaints. Glass half full, and all.

Again, I'm concerned that, if this boxes set becomes popular, that Hasblow will continue this and do MORE "exclusive" figures in this way. I'm not looking forward to that.

13. primalxconvoy

News Credits:
    Thanks for the info. i would say that Hasblow could have either made them as a standard size or included then with their twin to make a mute affordable way to buy them. It seems that either Hasblow made a mistake in their size allocation or that they are releasing a Japanese designed toy (a-la Prime Breakdown). Either way, I'd say that the current solution isn't the best way to release it, especially as a Takara release is probably i on the cards.

14. primalxconvoy

News Credits:
    I agree with boxed sets in general. If the set was, say, a set of "Japan only" figures, such as Ginrai, Power/God-Bomber, Lio Convoy, etc, then I think that would be ace. If these were all just repaints, then i would be all for this. More so if they were sold, every year, at a specific time, as two special boxed sets. It seems that the price is much better than the BotCON and TFCC sets, and even better than the recent "Let's fleece the emerging middle class Chinese market" sets released in "Asia".

However, I am not happy with their decision to ONLY include a new figure in those sets. I thinks it's coercive. However, I believe that this won't be the case. Hasbro and takara later released CHUG seekers after fans complained about their inclusion in a BOTCON set (and claiming coersion for similar reasons). I suspect that, for one reason or another either Takara and/or Hasbro will follow suit. As a result, for these sets, i won't be supporting them with a full-priced purchase.

15. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Soundwave Rules.

News Credits:
    Alls I wants is this goddamn boxset to be released at a resonable price if Toys R Us Malaysia ever gets it in ....

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Mecheon

Mecheon Reach heaven by violence

That's something they could have done, but didn't.

Unfortunately we're not privy to the conversations held when decisions are made on box sets so if that was ever on the table or not, or why it wasn't chosen, we can't answer

17. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Ok, but if it could be considered "special" from the point of view of x percentage of consumers, this "special" attribute is the crux for Hasbro ; because of Fastlane's arbitrary size class and seemingly lack of dedicated compatibility with the Titanmaster play pattern, this mold would NOT fit in their established Titans Return marketing model.

Afteral, all the other classes fit in the Titanmaster ecosystem to some extent, and this Fastlane does not.

And that brings me again to the other point; which is the probability that the sheer depth and width of character line up in Titans Return is only cost and market-model viable due to the Titanmaster eco system in the first place. So the way to justify the development cost and marketing model for a mold like Fastlane, is to put it in the boxset ; I cannot unsee the logic in that.
    And again; a proposed boxset of clones would not work either because A. multi clones in one set wouldn't sell mass mainstream. and B. you'd have a full set of figures which don't fit into the Titans Return ecosystem.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Ronbot1986

Ronbot1986 Golden Age

do you think these guys will be sold as singles? I just want two. I guess I get the case meh

19. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    no

20. primalxconvoy

News Credits:
    Indeed, but, regardless of what we choose, we can vote with our wallets.