Minor/Repaint: TR Bumblebee: OG(1) B-Boy...

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Seeaich, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    This guy...this guy right here...
    P1060929.jpg

It's only now with him in-hand I've realised how much of a BeeBoy I am, the littlest Robro with the most heart has won me over again, working his espionage function to the max and sneaking his way to the top of my TR Chart.
    Yes, he needed a touch of tweaking and a dash of equipping but this little legend does justice to the little legend. I hadn't realised just how much I'd been missing him until I got him. He's the effin' knees!

I coloured/painted his upper arms with black Sharpie for accuracy where he doesn't get handled and black craft paint where the Sharpie doesn't shine (or more specifically can't actually properly reach into).
    Despite him having the arm detailing on the back of his arms too I left that uncoloured as I felt it would make his biceps too "beefy" for my taste, 'Bee's no Brawn!
    [​IMG]

I also used a label from Toyhax's G1 Mini-bots set to finish off his rear detailing.
    [​IMG]

As well as tooling him up with a spare TFP Bee Blaster and partnering him with Generations Blazemaster, seeing as he lacks Firepower himself.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Blazemaster needed some nail polish on the body of his barrel as otherwise once the nose of it passed through the lip of the hand port the slight taper made him spinny-loose in the hand. He wouldn't fall out unmodified but he swings about comically in the grip unless you put him in an also-comical high grip (with 'Bee holding as Archer would say, "Just the tip.").

Also recently realised that being a B-Boy perfectly fits the wee energy efficient espionage expert as the ethos of Parkour movement (which has a little overlap) is exactly that, his namesake insect species are in fact know for their dancing, and what better way to sum up a skilful mastery of complex movement than the poetry of motion that is breakdance...
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  2. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

Looks good, he is a neat little figure

• Like Like x 1
  3. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    Nice!

• Like Like x 1
  4. maxxzander

maxxzander Well-Known Member

IMG_1432.JPG My bee has cleaner streamlined arm look

5. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    And is a Partsformer. Do not want.

6. MarinerPrime

MarinerPrime Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  7. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    That's ingenious but, for me, still unnecessary after discovering the car kibble actually assisted some of the more ambitious breakin' poses.
    Plus I like shoulder pauldrons.