Toyworld TWH-01 Hardhead concept pics

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by wingsaber86, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    this isn't bad, but it's kind of simplistic, to be honest. With how simple the transformation is, there really isn't any reason the buttflap kibble or shoulder treads couldn't be dealt with in a better way, especially as they look like they'll hinder poseability. The elbows are worryingly high up (almost even with his shoulders!)... bend his elbow 90 degrees and his arm is gonna look weird.

Feet are good, looks like they'd have a good potential range of pivot, and the nice wide heels should keep him stable.

2. H0tRodimus

H0tRodimus Well-Known Member

I love the Headmasters, best G1 figures but I'm biased since I grew up with the post '86 movie figures and I had Hardhead as a kid...I do however wish they would have stuck with the original color scheme.

3. The_Black_Sheep

The_Black_Sheep Willyna...

News Credits:
    It's about time someone did a 3rd party headmaster... :lol 

Not bad. Not bad at all. I haven't made my mind up but I'm considering reaching for my wallet...

4. skiss

skiss Crash and Burn

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not a Hardhead fan but I'm impressed enough with Hegemon that I'm beginning to think Toyworld is the company I'll be sticking with for modernized character representation. I bet those arm flap treads will be removable kibble like we have seen with Hegemon so it doesn't bother me. I will keep an eye on this for the future.

5. STRAKER454

STRAKER454 Police Box Traveler

I....'m not sure i care about this one. I have the awesome Headrobots upgrade kit for Hardhead already. I kinda have to think their time would have been better suited on stuff Hasbro and Takara haven't delivered yet or that other 3rd Party companies haven't made like...how about a Classics Roadbuster or a Classics Shockwave or a Classics Nightbeat Headmaster. That would have been awesome!

6. HighPrime

HighPrime Wake up with the King!

News Credits:
    Hardhead was my favorite Headmaster. For some reason, this looks more like Beast Machines Tankor than hardhead to me. I think this needs more tweaking.

7. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Wrong head = insta-pass, no matter how much I want a Hardhead.

8. AUTOBOT215

AUTOBOT215 Well-Known Member

ToyWorld and TFC are just reading my mind as of right now! I hate most repaint into other characters and add-on kits are just boring to me now! All new characters are a definite welcome, but they need to fix the crap thats alreay out here too, like the awful spposed HarddHead and CounterPunch and whatever else we have.

I know its not easy building a Figure, Ive tried! So people should get paid well for their awesome work. Respect the craftsmanship people. People demand so much on here but want to pay almost nothing for their dream figure from those who engineer them!!!

9. skiss

skiss Crash and Burn

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe its because I don't have any attachment to Hardhead but I really like the head design Toyworld seems to be aiming for.

10. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    I like it because its different. Hasbro reall isn't doing much these days anyway.

11. slackerforhire

slackerforhire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ...aaaand another reveal from Toyworld that just doesn't do it for me

12. Cecilia

Cecilia Mechanical Princess

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I do like him on IDW, I am all for bots who are though and like to blow stuff up :D 

But unlike with legs, which I value above anything, heads can look different as long they look good XD

13. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    This looks promising. It's very easy to see the G1 aesthetic, but it has a clear modern twist to it.

14. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

I could easily go for a Quake repaint of this figure, that would be fun

15. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

Very nice. I like what Toyworld is doing with the G1 aesthetic. Next to the headrobots version he'll capture the card art nicely. I just hope he costs a less than Hegemon. I'm not in a good place for wallet pain.

16. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    the design is fine, but he has no mouth. its like giving the seekers faceplates. Just doesnt work

17. TheMarkSewell

TheMarkSewell Honorary Wrecker

To be fair the original toy had a faceplate too. Also, I have to imagine this is compatible with regular Headmasters, so you could put the comic-accurate Headrobots head on it, but it would need repainted to really match.

18. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Skywarp says otherwise.

19. skiss

skiss Crash and Burn

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really only liked him in his Revalations spotlight issue. It really gives you a look into the no nonesense kind of bot he is. I refuse to let anything in heart of darkness ruin TF characters for me. Stupid 40k writers and their deamon princes lol.