Toyworld TWH-01 Hardhead concept pics

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by wingsaber86, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Agent Adam

Agent Adam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    .. I think you are massively low-balling that.

2. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wow. I thought the Hardhead kit was pretty universally accepted and praised?

3. Agent Adam

News Credits:
    Oh, I wasn't commenting on the quality as I don't own it. My comment was more about people who would still want one.

The Onslaught mold doesn't work for me as Hardhead, regardless of the kit's quality.

I'm keeping a close eye on this and their Rollbar.. the turnaround on Hegemon's reveal and release was relatively quick for a third party release. I'm pretty curious if they are going to make a trend of not revealing info on stuff until its fairly close to being complete.

4. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Yea, same here. By saying what I said, I was referring to the fact that I would have never thought there was a viable market for people still wanting a hardhead after the headrobots upgrade for universe.

5. Agent Adam

News Credits:
    Well, if this is cheaper than whatever Universe Hardhead and the kit go for these days, I'd probably be in for it, hah.

6. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Hahaha. I hear you man. I lucked out, and got steals on both the Hardhead and upgrade kit within a week of each other (think i paid like... 30 for it all together?).

I do prefer full, cohesive toys over add-ons, so I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes, but it's another time I wished these companies would be a bit more mindful of what's been released by each other, and go for different characters.

7. TheMarkSewell

TheMarkSewell Honorary Wrecker

I hope so. I wish I could make myself want one too, because I want to encourage them to make more headmasters.

8. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

i thought the universe bot with the upgrade kit was cool and all, but besides the head and the color scheme it looks 0% like hardhead.

ill follow this bot and hope more show up that actually look more like the headmasters bots.

9. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Damn... I didn't even factor in that they'll be making a new headmaster for him too... hmmmmmmmmmmm...

10. TheMarkSewell

I don't really see anything about this that looks more like G1 Hardhead than the Universe version with the Headrobots upgrade except for the fact that it has treads. But that's just me.

11. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

yeah, i looked again. this one could be a lot better.

12. Agent Adam

News Credits:
    That is a damn STEAL for those two. Wow.

To be fair though, the add-on kit came out awhile back didn't it? I could be wrong, I didn't exactly keep up with it.

Yeah, and if you look at the render from behind, you can clearly see the legs and arms folded up. Makes me wonder how big this will be.

Well, I think the alt mode is clearly a lot closer to the original than the Universe version.

13. TheMarkSewell

It has treads...but I don't think I can really give it credit for anything beyond that. I kind of hate the altmode.

14. Agent Adam

News Credits:
    So... because you hate that it's an H-tank, you can't give it credit for looking more like G1 Hardhead... who was also an H-tank? :sly: 

15. TheMarkSewell

I have no problem with it being an H-tank. Generations Warpath is one of my favorite TFs. And I really like G1 Hardhead's altmode. But the altmode on this one has the 4 sets of treads...and nothing else that really looks like G1 Hardhead to me besides the similar cannon, which Universe Hardhead + the Headrobots upgrade also had.

I said in both posts that the thing about this version that looks more like Hardhead is it having treads, so I'm not exactly disagreeing with you. The altmode does look a lot more like G1 Hardhead than the Universe version's obviously, but it doesn't really look any more like it to me than any other H-tank, that's all.

And I said I hate it, but I wasn't presenting that as reasoning for why it doesn't look like G1 Hardhead haha. I mostly hate it because it falls hook, line, and sinker into the trap that all H-tanks have to try to avoid--looking like you just took a robot and laid it down. The cockpit part needs to stick up a lot more or something. It's just passable enough that I'd be okay with it if it was like a Hasbro Voyager, but 3rd party companies have to remain aware that while they don't necessarily have to put out things that are better than anything Hasbro can manage at normal retail price points, there's a significantly broader range of what's acceptable for a figure that we're going to pay $10-20 for than what's acceptable for a figure we're going to pay $50-100 for. And shit like the altmode that's a robot laying down and the tank treads hanging off the back of the shoulders for no reason that might be okay at $10 is a hard sell at 3rd party prices.

16. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    As much as I like my Universe 2.0 Hardhead with HR add-on I could see myself getting this if the reviews are goog. But, why not Chromedome?

17. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    This really surprised me that they aren't doing Chromedome first as well, considering the huge role he played in the Japanese series.

18. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

Will the headmaster be able to drive it?

Heartmaster or whatever his name is does. Make this possible please.

19. Agent Adam

News Credits:
    Ok, fair enough. I'm just confused that you find Universe Hardhead to look closer to G1 than this I guess. Personally, I'd be hard pressed to argue that an APC-like vehicle was closer than this. :D 

As for your comment about him just lying down, I understand that sentiment, but to be fair, there is some kind of transformation of the chest. If he just stood up, his chest or back would have that cockpit for the headmaster, which it does not. It's difficult to tell from just a render, but I don't see at this point how that the part at the back of the main body could flip and cover the cockpit.

Looking at the images again, I'm seeing some things I didn't notice before. The clip for the cannon seems to be able to peg on its back. There is also what looks like a hinge joint on the back of the arms for some.. reason. Also the cannon is actually pretty different from the alt mode pics and vehicle mode pics.

20. TheMarkSewell

Oh, I don't actually think that. My wording might not have been great. I don't think the TW version looks less like G1 Hardhead, it's just that CVProwl said the only things about the Universe version with the upgrade kit that look like Hardhead are the head and the colors, and I argued that the same is pretty much true of this one, except it has treads. So I still conceded that it looks more like Hardhead, but only in that it's also a tank.