ToyWorld TW-T01 Grind Rod Video Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Video Reviews' started by BaltMatrix, Nov 8, 2012.

1. BaltMatrix

BaltMatrix Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Great review, can't wait for mine to show up!

3. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Awesome review. Still on the fence about it, but this review... damn, I think I'm just going to have to get it.

4. jbz

jbz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice fig. LOL @ the size comparison scene, bots falling everywhere! Wasn't gonna get these guys, but I like how they look. Have they teased the combined mode at all yet?

5. sodawilly

sodawilly Old School fan since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I received my figure today and it is absolutely perfect. I had no concerns with the back piece coming off. Its just a matter of using enough tolerance when transforming. I added an Autobot symbol to the chest of my figure.

- Gregg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  6. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    great review and i loved your OH NO!!!! moment when thundercarcker took everyone out

cant wait to get some pic o fthis guy next to goldbug (takara repaint)

7. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Absolutely LOVE the transformation. It's a fantastic figure, and now that they've 'confirmed' more, I might actually pick this one up.

8. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Too much junk in the trunk for me to plop the money down. The hood kibble over the head kills it for me, though I love the way the wheel kibble folds into the back. Something about the headsculpt bothers me as well.

9. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Got mine this morning. Certainly better and sturdier than the FP Bruticus limbs or Insecticons, and pretty cool yet simple transformation. Pretty happy with my purchase!

10. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I really want to get this, especially with the crap Hasbro's been putting out lately but money is tight.

11. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Mine arrived yesterday, and it's really great. Transformation is just complex enough, clever and efficient without being difficult or feeling awkward. Some of the pieces and/or tabs stick together a little too tightly, but it's a minor issue and is easily overlooked. The alt mode is balanced and clean, and goes perfectly with other deluxe-sized Classics cars (I only wish iGear Hench and Rager had alt modes that were this realistic). I do wish the colors were a little closer to the G1 version, but it's still a really nice-looking figure and feels totally slick and professionally done. This guy is a strong start for Toyworld, and I'm looking forward to picking up his future teammates.

12. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
  13. Donnie707

Donnie707 Well-Known Member

Good review as always. How is the plastic quality compared to say fansproject?

14. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Plastic quality is great! Someone on twitter mentioned that this could have been a Hasbro deluxe 5 years ago, and I agree. Very well built.

15. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

How did you get the gun to stay in his fist? Just keeps popping out. I think it is due the side panel on the arm and the other grey post underneath the wheel. That gray post is running into the forearm.

16. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

thanks for the review. i got mine yesterday and i love to watch transformations before i get to it.

btw, the cannon that comes with igear ironhide and ratchet fits perfectly in his left hand, not the right however...

ill check it out when i get home if nobody answers. i just know i didnt have a problem getting it in there or to stick...

17. Tirade

Thanks man. It is just really frustrating. I really like the toy, but i am really struggling with that tire weapon. It just does not want to stay in his hand (either due to the side arm panel or the foream).

18. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To get the gun in his hand, I skipped the transformation step that says to swing the door panels forward on his forearms. I also try to get that panel to fit inside the empty space in his gun.

19. Tirade

I have tried that, put the tire weapon still keeps popping out of hand. I almost wonder if my Grind Rod's hand is lower than it is supposed to be. Even if I can fit the tire weapon around the arm panel, his forearm keeps getting in the way.

20. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I'm wondering if the core part of the combined toy will be Wideload and whatever forms the legs is just boots from the knee down with perhaps the 6th and 5th members one as pants from the knee joints waist and lower torso and then the other part member is a good chunk of the shoulders and upper chest.

I think a lot swings on what it might be like - depending on if Wideload is still a Deluxe and is actually the torso or not.

If the 2nd one is another leg then that won't add much of a clue if it's an arm though that should add a lot of info (i'm guessing it's another leg though).