Toyworld TW-T Not-Throttlebot Combiner

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by triknot, Jul 16, 2014.

1. hypno

hypno Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any leads to a store selling Wideload and Goldbug for a discount? I bought all the limb bots ages ago for $30 each back when a combined mode was just a guess/rumor. Paying $100 each for the final 2 bots has given me a bit of pause but I would like to finish this combiner.

2. Razor24

Razor24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Toy World TW-T06 Sideload.Available Now! - Toy World - Transforming Third Party
    Toy World TW-T05 Shinebug.Available Now! - Toy World - Transforming Third Party

I don't think you'll be able to get the last two for $30. Wideload it huge and Goldbug has all the combiner parts.

3. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    These guys finally arrived today, but I'm going to enjoy their vehicle modes a few days before transforming them.

Such beautiful vehicle modes.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Razor24

News Credits:
    Couldn't agree more. They all have fantastic alt modes.

I would suggest you watch a couple videos for Sideload before attempting transformation. His instructions are terrible and he's quite finicky (in particular the chest transformation). Once transformed I think he has a lot of charm but yeah the transformation is a tough one.

5. Robogeek28

News Credits:
    Oh I'll definitely be watching a review for him, if only to keep my sanity in check. :lol 

6. Robogeek28

News Credits:
    Ok....I'll never transform Wideload EVER again.....:confused: 

7. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    If you work the shoulders and back stuff in the proper order, he's not bad at all and you can see it works fine. The instructions do not help though and if you do it wrong, he is maddening.

This is a great set though - I really love this set for what it is. A set where combining is icing on the cake rather than a detriment or drawback. My only nitpicks would be the transformations could have been more traditional like Rollbar. They're not terribly off, but I would have liked more consistency there.

8. mtl79

mtl79 Well-Known Member

One of the most frustrating transformations I've had the misfortune of attempting... Nice figure though lol...

9. Robogeek28

News Credits:
    While overall I like the set I do have a few issues. First, Chase's right elbow squeaks like a mother effer and is really hard to bend as well. I'm afraid of breaking it, so I put his arm a certain way and will be leaving it there. Both Freeway and Rollbar really don't want to hold their guns, especially Freeway. They're so tight they're going to stress the plastic, so I have them just barely pushed in their hands right now. Wideload's gun however has nothing for friction, and will fall out of his hand at the slightest bump.

Speaking of Wideload, how the heck did they think that shoulder design was a good idea? Seriously, that's weird as hell, and I just don't understand what reason they could've possibly had for that design choice, ah well. Finally, I wish that Chase's and Freeway's upper legs pegged into the lower legs for better stability. Sure they're fine when standing untouched, but as soon as I move them they bend sideways on me.

Like I said, I do like the set, but those things really do bother me a little bit.

10. Razor24

News Credits:
    I can't remember what the elbows look like. Are they screwed in or pinned? If screwed, then loosen the screw a little. If it's pinned and it's stupidly tight try getting some RC lube and adding a bit to the join't. Should help lubricate it enough to reduce the squeaking and ease the friction (allowing better movement).

If you are good with a pin punch I would suggest doing it the right way and remove the pin to sand the plastic of the joint down a fraction to allow better movement. If not try the lube. Just two drops on the joint (one on the top and one on the bottom) and gently work the elbow back and forth to allow capillary action to do its job.

As for the tight guns, Get some sandpaper (wet and dry 600 grit should do the job), wrap it around the handle and twist it back and forth to sand some plastic off. Sand a bit and test the gun in the hand. Keep sanding and testing until you are satisfied with the fit. Then polish it off with 1200 grit wet and dry to bring the plastic back to looking like new.

Wideload's gun, are you sure you are using the correct peg? I recall his gun has two pegs? One for the vehicle and one that flips down for the bot? I could be totally wrong but that's what I remember (my set has been in combined mode since I got them lol). Anyway to tighten his gun you just need some clear nail polish. I use one that is supposed to be a strong/durable top coat called Diamond finish. Paint on a few coats of the nail polish (allowing each coat to set first) and it should thicken the handle (be careful not to over do it as it might not flip back into the gun slot if it's too thick). I would also paint a couple of coats on the inside of Wideload's hands for good measure.

I can't recall what Chase/Freeway's legs did but I assume you just have loose joints. You can tighten the joint with Future floor polish. Just a drop or two and move the joint to allow the polish to get in between the joint and leave the figure overnight. Once set that joint should be nice and tight and only bend when you want it to.

I know it's frustrating that these figures are not perfect out of the box but the fixes for these guys overall are very minor and quick to do (compared to some of the things we've had to do for other figures over the years *I am looking at you FP Trianix Alpha!!*). Once fixed you will enjoy this set much more :)