Toyworld TW-M02 Coneheads

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by toyworldstore, Jan 23, 2016.

1. fleshling

fleshling Well-Known Member

So, is everybody getting 6 stands? That's amazing. That's going to make a great backdrop.

2. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    My problem is that I already have the Yes Model Coneheads and like them. Grabbed these because of the price but unsure I'll be okay with their sze difference over the official scaled seekers...

3. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Including myself, I know I'll like the TW's better, especially since I wasn't a fan of the MP-11 mold after newer stuff came out, which made me believe that a better seeker design was possible (Thank you MT!). I don't usually sell my officials over a 3P or even without an option to replace that piece, which these TW's hadn't been announced yet but still sold the Takara's any way. The only reason I didn't buy these earlier were due to the faces and hearing the launchers were a nightmare because they launch on you too easily.

For the price, regardless the reason for the hesitation to keep them, were well worth the price IMO, especially now knowing we will get 2 stands per figure. The only regret I feel now is for not buying another set for multi display ability and I haven't even received mine yet (tomorrow).

4. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Mine are supposed to arrive tomorrow as well. And I like the MT mold looking at pics- it's their size. They're just BIG to fit in with MP scaling I think...

5. Blaque_Ravage

Blaque_Ravage The Beast From The East

I didnt see this deal untill now...WOW all 3 for $160.00? is a steal! And I see its sold out.

But thats a DAMN great price I bought all 3 for the original price and even though I missed out on that awesome sale these guys are still worth there price,they are build soooo..well,feel high quality and personally better than the official Coneheads minus there faces BUT thats all personal taste.

I hope Toyworld is still coming out with the Seekers cause Im impressed with there Coneheads.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  6. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Conflicted about their size myself but seeing I'm going the G1 scale on my display, I can't disagree with you there. Jet mode is spot on though.

Like I said, I'm okay as a fill in, as the price was too good to pass up. Having TW OP, which was way better than I thought it would be, has now three enemies of similar height to battle, even if I decide to replace them with another 3P later for the G1 display.

Still though, I don't think we've seen $55 per seeker since the US 1st version of the MP-11 mold years ago. TRU MP Bumblebee is $65 and look what you get or don't there.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Fortynickel

Fortynickel Interim Head Warehouse Spelunker

News Credits:
    I am interested in buying the display bases if anyone does want to keep theirs.

8. bfett88

bfett88 Well-Known Member

All the gang together....

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  9. Cardboard Bots

Cardboard Bots Well-Known Member

When did that price/sale happen?

10. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

Last Friday. Part of their customer appreciation week. Was available most of the day but eventually sold out because it was too good to pass up.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Blaque_Ravage

Blaque_Ravage The Beast From The East

Great looking shot, the Coneheads fit in nicely but I'm jelly of those FT insecticons still on the hunt for them for a good price.

What @Pitt said, but it was sold out so fast.

12. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    You know, I was debating just selling these along without even opening the boxes... which would have been a horrible mistake, as these are WAY better looking, more badass, and fun to transform than the official Coneheads. (I figured them out right away without even glancing at the instructions and there aren't any weird counter-intuitive parts). They're not more stable, due to the lack of heel spurs, and the way their launchers were designed is fucking stupid, but aside from that they're ace. I thought the size of the TW Coneheads' robot modes would bother me... quite the opposite, now the lack of size of the official versions bothers me. (Especially since they're the same sizes in altmode!)

Of course, opening them may have been a horrible mistake too, as now I have to make some hard decisions about my displays. Because they're BIG. I'm gonna have to do some rearranging... fortunately they went with a heavily toy-inspired deco so it's clear which display they should be a part of.

I did not expect to get two chain bases per figure! That was a pretty awesome surprise. I like them but since space is already at such a premium I don't know if I'll keep them... I feel like I could sell those off by themselves for like $10 a piece, which means I'd end up with all 3 coneheads for A HUNDRED BUCKS. Which is insane.

This is definitely the best 3P deal I've ever partaken in. They were definitely worth full retail... what, something like $130? This deal was insane. Basically 3 for the price of 1!

• Like Like x 5
  13. Treadshot 2.0

News Credits:
    Trust me... you'll be okay with it. I also had and liked the Yes Model coneheads as well... the ToyWorld ones made me like them less, LOL

You know how sometimes an MP toy isn't technically show-accurate but still feels right? Like Badcube's Warpath, or the GigaPower Dinobots (or how some people feel about Fanstoys Spindrift)... these Coneheads are that. They feel right.

• Like Like x 5
  14. LunchBox26

LunchBox26 Well-Known Member

I agree about the heel spur. That is the only thing I think I would change about them.

• Like Like x 2
  15. fleshling

fleshling Well-Known Member

I got mine today. Man. This is a Masterpiece experience. From opening the boxes, to the extras to the packaging to the figure itself. This is the best deal I've ever gotten on Transformers. Just think about that. $53 per conehead shipped with 2 stands. Crazy crazy crazy deal. This is why I'm a collector. Thank you TFSource.

• Like Like x 8
  16. dirtmodeler

dirtmodeler Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got mine yesterday... I agree with previous responses. They are top quality figures. Really hefty and well built... jet modes are just stunning.. and i'm not even a huge fan of Cone Heads! Transformation is fun and not overly complicated... though i haven't went from bot back to jet yet.. getting all the panels straight may be a challenge... because they are so nice, it makes me think maybe i should look into their Devastator.

Definitely a Toyworld fan now.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

I'm waiting a couple of weeks to ship my stash, so I don't have these guys yet, but I have TW's devy set. I highly recommend it. I think TW is hit or miss with their designs, but their constructor is a fine G1 set.

18. Treadshot 2.0

News Credits:
    Yeah, ToyWorld has a perplexingly wide range of success, probably the most among major 3P companies. They have figures that are complete whiffs from a design standpoint like their Kup, Springer and Arcee, and then they have stuff they hit out the park like the Coneheads, Constructor, arguably Coolsville, Wavebreaker (still the best cartoon likeness notwithstanding the deviations), Spaceracer, and even Bii. And then in between you have good but sometimes flawed figures like Orion. They make sometimes baffling decisions about scale and aesthetics but they also produced some of my favorite and most impressive pieces, including Constructor which is my display centerpiece. And of course their future is murky, with their design team having gone independent. (If Zeta designed Constructor, I feel like they probably did the Coneheads as well... they have many similar design cues)

19. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Banned

Just blown away by the quality of these guys.

ANyone who bought these and doesn't want the bases hit me up, maybe we can make a deal!

20. DrCalligari

DrCalligari Does it come in purple?

News Credits:
    I just received mine as well. Wow! So much better than the Takara seekers! Sturdier, prettier and im5really digging the size. I may just have to sell my Takara ones now...

I would love to have Toyworld or Zeta do the rest of the seekers also like this.

• Like Like x 1