Toyworld TW-H01 Hardbone pictorial

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by Predacon, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Ghilz

Ghilz Derpticon

Already checked, no such luck. The eyes are missing altogether.

2. Skyclaw

Skyclaw 6 Types of Madness!

can anyone tell me if this figure worth buying or not? cause TFsource has him for $109 and BBTS has him for $99.00? I really like this guy but need more input

3. Ghilz

Ghilz Derpticon

A bit pricey. It's not a bad figure, but it's missing.... something. For those prices. He has kibble on his butt that doesn't peg in place, his paint aps feel a we bit lacking, his transformation is pretty simple. I'd say pass on those unless you can find him for 70-80$. On the bright side I love the rifles it carries, and it does look damn good in robot mode and is perfectly sized.

Oh, and be aware that some of the figures have a missing visor on the headmaster. BBTS swapped mine and mentioned it was a frequent issue with the figure, but if you buy it, get it from a seller you trust can handle any such issues.

4. greatcthulu

greatcthulu Well-Known Member

Agreed for the most part with the above. He's definitely more expensive than he should be in my opinion. The butt kibble is bothersome but I like the paint and the colors overall.

My main issue is that I find that he doesn't pose all that well really. Converting the hip ratchets to simple friction joints helped, but his arms seem lacking.

It probably didn't help my esteem for him that I got him at the same time as Aurora, which is an absolutely fantastic figure and does just about everything right in my book.

5. Ghilz

Ghilz Derpticon

Agreed. It's not a bad figure, but it needs something to make it worth the price. The knife and potato masher grenade that can combine with his guns are nice, but not enough.

I can't help but draw parallels to fansproject Code. sure. the later is smaller so him being cheaper makes sense, but, his transformation is simply amazing. His cockpit actually has paint aps! His headmaster actually has the face transform to look more like a backpack rather than just an upside down face. Hardbone could really use that sort of detail.

6. TheBigMachine

TheBigMachine Initiating JAZZ HANDS!

News Credits:
    Is the consensus to get TW Hardbone, or to hold off and hope for Fansproject to put out their version?

7. Ghilz

Ghilz Derpticon

If you can find him for cheap (60$ or less) I'd say go for it.

Otherwise I'd say pass.

8. FMRookie

FMRookie Hacksaw

Is $80 a good price for Hardbone?

9. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    I just got mine for $90 shipped on eBay. A bit pricey, but this is just a
    really, really nice figure. A unique, but not overly complex transformation, coupled with lots of possible dynamic poses and really cool weapons is all I ask for from my figures, and this delivers on all aspects. I've also got Toyworld's two throttlebots, and they are coming dangerously close to surpassing the Fansproject Causality line as my second favorite unofficial company, Mastermind Creations being my overall favorite.

10. Middleman

Middleman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Toyworld TW-H01 Hardbone now available

Just got hold of Toyworld's Hardbone (Hardhead) and Brainwave (Brainstorm) for myself today. Seems like supplies for these is finally coming onstream since start of September... :) 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. philipjreed

philipjreed Well-Known Member

Hardhead is awesome and I'm very happy to have him. Still waiting on Brainwave to arrive . . . I hate waiting.

12. Zavien

Zavien Veteran

News Credits:
    Arghhh, I'm jealous man. I want both of these figures but I'm caught up in all the combiners right now, so my cash flow is aimed elsewhere. Hopefully soon I will have these guys or at least one.

13. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    Same here man, trying to finish Uranos, and start on MMC's Predaking before the cheaper POs all go away

14. Middleman

Middleman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same here. I am currently in the process of collecting for FansProject's Intimidator aka Menasor, who is my all-time favourite gestalt. Already have T-Bone (Wildrider), Car Crash (Breakdown), Down Force (Drag Strip), and Last Chance (Dead End), just waiting for Diesel now (aka Motormaster). :)  Oh yeah and I managed to get Mech Ideas' Apex and Geminus last month (Topspin and Twin Twist). They are SO MUCH BETTER than the originals which I had. :D 

Certainly one thing I love about the 3rd party figs is the articulation they now have. The Hardhead clone certainly is well-built - it even has two secret compartments for a knife and sniper scope (which comes with the set)! Brainwave is nice but I find his face a little bit on the flat side. :( 

15. LSyd

LSyd Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hardbone looks nice but i think i'll stick with FP's headmasters and Headrobots' Hardhead upgrade and save the money for combiners

-

16. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    I just got Hardbone in today after he was on Sale on BF on BBTS and I ahve to say I'm /quite/ impressed by him. He feels like a regular TF plastic wise, like, I am /not/ concerned whatsoever about his plastic. In addition that really is not neon at all like people have stated. I may have to indulge in other Toy World products now. <.< Damn it all. >.>

17. G1 Milo

G1 Milo Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Can I ask who the all white, Shapeways-looking fellow in the front row to the left is?

18. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's one of Fakebusker's "Thugger" (Frenzy/Rumble for Deluxe WFC Soundwave) figures.

19. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

What exactly are those yellow wheel-like things behind the front treads, and behind his feet in bot mode? ...and are they entirely necessary? (I don't recall seeing those on the the cartoon model, or on the G1 figure)

...they look hideous.

20. Dr. Killinger

Dr. Killinger Plastic Surgeon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I know it's a long shot, but does anyone have the clear yellow part that goes over the cannon and guns they might want to sell? I would like to have a second one for some customizing. PM me so we can work something out.