ToyWorld TW-01 Hegemon Video Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Video Reviews' started by BaltMatrix, Jun 18, 2012.

1. caked-up

caked-up Well-Known Member

Toyworld TW-01 Hegemon

Classics is a highly revered line that has many people wishing Hasbro would quit everything else and stick with the CHUG universe altogether. And despite the fact that a gun Megatron was produced, people still complained because of his wings and so on. Did Toyworld remedy this fact for people? Watch the review to find out.

My photo gallery is located here: Facebook

Toyworld TW-01 Hegemon - YouTube

Also, check out the rest of my channel at cakedup83's channel - YouTube. As always, please rate, comment, and subscribe!

2. MightyPredaking

MightyPredaking New Member

Nice video. I am defenitly going to pic TW-01. I am new to TFW2005 and very excited to have joined. You mentioned CHUG. What does that mean?

3. caked-up

CHUG is an acronymn for Classics, Henkei, Universe/United, and Generations. Reveal the Shield is also in there too. Basically most of those all have the same aesthetics and many collectors absolutely love them. Think of them as G1 done right I guess. I like them too, but I love individual figures from all lines though. I guess I don't have the same attachment to the Classicsverse figures as some do.

4. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    C = Classics
    H = Henkei
    U = Universe
    G = Generations

Basically it's the sublines that gave us updated versions of G1 (mostly).

Edit: beaten by caked-up

5. Napalm

Napalm Sins Of The Manfish TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Great review mate.
    I'm sure there's some pictures in one of the Hegemon threads where a cannon fanmode has been made. Regardless, I do agree that more should have been made of the stock and the scope.
    That said, along with Giant, hands down my favourite release of the year.
    It's just so bloody Megatron.

6. caked-up

I have had the Giant in hand and I have to say that I am happy I went with Hercules. Thanks for the compliment though. I appreciate the support on these forums just as much as I do on youtube!

7. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm sure the packaging was designed to be boring on purpose to avoid unwanted customs inspections, so a pic of the alt mode was right out. I'm kind of meh on the whole silencer and stock issue. I'm ok with it being included, but I wouldn't have missed it if it wasn't, much like the MP Megatron.

So what do you think of the plastic quality when compared to that Henkei Megatron, Caked-up? I'm about to pull the trigger on this(was that a pun?), but I keep worrying that it's going to be similar to Knight Morpher Commander plastic, which I'm a little put off by.

Lastly, why are you planning to reprolabel up a perfectly good looking Megatron? :D  All he needed was that faction sticker!

8. caked-up

The plastic quality is pretty good. I don't notice anything different about him and other HasTak products.
    As for the Reprolabels, there are a few details he is missig that could alleviate a few of his boring points.

9. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great review. I just ordered my 2nd Hegemon because I know it'll be hard to get it in the future since it's so awesome.

The stock piece bugs me as well, but in gun mode. Since the grip design was compromised, a nice looking stock piece would help in the overall look, but the way it is I think it looks bad and poorly designed.

The plastic quality is great. I don't know why some people are complaining about it, it's even better than some stuff that Hasbro has been putting out since 2009.

Overall, Hegemon is a magnificent toy. And as a hardcore GUN Megatron fan, I strongly recommend it.

10. MightyPredaking

MightyPredaking New Member

Thanks guys. I agree that the newer version are a fresh breath of air to the G1 fans. Now if only Hasbro can get the colors right and show us U.S buyers some love it feel much better. Molds are great but tired of being crushed by Takara. But I hear they are going to be doing the new Masterpiece figures some justice. We shall see

11. RatTrap1985

RatTrap1985 Under your rolls of fat

How much nicer is this than the masterpiece. Now to find one to purchase. Great review.

12. caked-up

I wouldn't say his nicer since he isn't meant to be in MP world, but I do like him for the classics shelf.

13. darthsutius

darthsutius Minor Sith Lord

News Credits:
    I would. He's not an MP but he does a much better job of Megs than MP Megs did. He's powerfully built, represents the character better and transforms in a simpler, more intelligent, way.

Scale him up to MP size and he'd blow skeletor-Megs away.

14. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    I'm very impressed... but its a collectors model. I think a touch delicate, but very well engineered. I'm happy he's in my collection.
    Some pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. caked-up

Thanks! Those photos look awesome!

16. Compewtrawn

Compewtrawn Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Does anyone else notice their chest piece 'ratchets in' slightly off center? it's easy to straighten him out with the friction, thought it is a little off

Attached Files:

• meg.jpg
      meg.jpg
      File size:
      6.9 KB
      Views:
  17. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    So question for everyone... does he seem a bit too big for a classics Megatron? he dwarfs EVERYONE, and is just... a tad oversized. Anyone else feel that way too or no?

18. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    Megatron should be big.
    I like the size.

19. darthsutius

darthsutius Minor Sith Lord

News Credits:
    No, he's the same size as the original classics Megatron. Hasbro just needs to make more voyagers.

20. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    G1 pose!!! oooooo
    [​IMG]