ToyWorld TW-01 Hegemon Video Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Video Reviews' started by BaltMatrix, Jun 18, 2012.

1. BaltMatrix

BaltMatrix Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Very good review, thanks.

3. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You've saved me $100, so thanks. It's just kinda... crappy looking. Robot mode's OK, except for the super thick legs and all the back of it, (what's with all the clear red?) and the gun just looks so- I don't know, it's just not for me.

4. DavidLoPan

DavidLoPan Well-Known Member

You sir just justified my purchase. He looks great and SHITS on the Takara MP. Thanks for the great review.

5. Optibotimus

Optibotimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I really want to like this guy...i really really do. But something just keeps me from digging him. Maybe it's my dislike for igear (which is what toyworld really is basically) that's keeping me from liking this....i don't know

6. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    Toyworld is igear? Where is that coming from?

7. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for the review! I hate that I forgot to budget for this and have been trying to look at the flaws to convince myself it's not worth it. Honestly the only thing that bugs me is the look of the alt mode without the stock and silencer. The bot mode and alt mode with attachments look really good though, and the bot mode will look amazing once Reprolabels gets a hold of him.

8. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For the tape residue, just use more tape. Use small strips of scotch or packing tape, and dab the adhesive side on the residue. It might take a little time, but that should take it off completely.

9. sodawilly

sodawilly Old School fan since 1984

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Where do you get this info?

- Gregg

10. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nice video. Pretty thorough too. That said, it looks pretty neat at first blush but I can't bring myself to pull the trigger on this guy. His size is just off (for my needs, anyway) and his aesthetics come close but not quite close enough to G1 toon Megatron (again, for me). His fiddly-ness and the mess at his back is a bit off-putting as well. As one commentor mentioned, "this is the most beautiful train wreck I've ever seen." XD

11. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Well the barrel of the gun doesnt need to be removed for the transformation, dude looks GOOD

Gotta say though, I kinda wish you had compared him to a mold most people actually own lol

Also, and i think he may have meant they are basically iGear in that they directly copied the show design as opposed to a modern update like other classics 3rdparty guys. maybe.

12. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    thanks for the review, I can't wait to have this jewel :) 

13. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Review is great, the figure just doesn't do it for me.

14. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmm. I'm rather impressed. I don't like the idea of it feeling cheap (I get what you're saying, I've had plenty of experiences with figures that looked solid but felt otherwise.) and I think the transformation is ridiculous.

That being said, I'd buy it. I'm actually considering selling off my Masterpiece (with add on kit) to fund the purchase of this guy. Hmm.

15. NICKBOT

NICKBOT Entitlement? Piss off.

News Credits:
    Figure looks nice but no enough to drop a hundee. And man I'm sorry but all I hear is Harvey Fierstein when I watch your reviews. Good job though.

16. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    hm... its not a terrible figure, but just doesnt impress me enough to want to buy it.

I think its mostly aesthetic that i dont care for. cant get over those ice cream sandwich legs and the gun mode just looks all kinds of funky to me [and i dont much care for the stock]

i'll hold out for the inevitable new Masterpiece Megatron from Takara, but I have to say that for a first figure i AM indeed impressed

Hegemon looks like a pretty solid figure and I look forward to whatever these guys do next.

17. Kalel

Kalel C-Mac

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    wish i could get one into australia

18. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

someone on this site said they did. cant remember who, i think it was in the main hegemon thread.

19. PhotonWaveZero

PhotonWaveZero New Member

I personally feel like some expect too much from Transformers, as by Hasbro/Takara standards (the original creators of TFs which is why we're all here, mind you), this is one of the cleanest looking TFs I've ever seen. Whatever issues people have with the gun mode have to remember that this is after all a toy, not a firearm. And while not completely G1 accurate, it is suppose to be a classics tie-in. Now anyone who owns a classics/universe/generations line figure knows that none of those toys were g1-accurate,, and they were never meant to be. The classics line was a re-envisioning of the original characters, and this is closer than any of those were.. Thus making any cosmetic gripes made about the figure instantaneously forgivable in my eyes... Not to mention the red plastic issues kind of gets me,too... Exactly, since when was a glowing figure a bad thing? From Day 1#, I was floored to see ToyWorld go that route as Hasbro goes there consistently, paints over it, and then people whine... You can't please everyone i suppose. =/ Aside from the legs having transparent red plastic (which don't bother me one bit, but I could deal with or without), I totally understand why they used it. In the proper light, this is one imposing looking figure, and the red transparent plastic only adds to its ridiculously awesomness. The size honestly doesn't bother me either, as Henkei Megatron was always about a half-head taller than Classics prime.. what's another roughly 1/2"? When posed fighting eachother, they're perfect together.. or.. you could splurge and buy an over-sized Robot Masters Optimus Prime if you really want to go the G1 route, and pose Hegemon with him. He scales perfectly. I think people just need to get it in their hands before they're so quick to judge it. Hasbro/Takara's previous attempts at a decent megatron figure don't even come close to this mold. MP-5 sacrificed bulk for gun accuracy, but again, the masterpiece line is a direct representation of its g1 counterpart... This is "classics" by size class, and is very much a cool take on the concept. It doesn't really look like a P-38, but it doesn't look like a nerf gun either, which is awesome. Slap a decepticon faction symbol on his chest, and he's the perfect toy. I'm very surprised that Peaugh didn't jump on this, as I was really hoping he'd review it being the third-party toy lover he is. I am currently still waiting for mine from 3rdpartystore.com, but can already tell I will not be displeased. Every decision they made was a good one in my opinion, red plastic, removable waist kibble & gun barrel included. I do have one complaint that I've noticed noone has mentioned, and that's the fact that the original prototype was painted in shiny silver paint, and they opted to go the dyed plastic route. I know why they did so, as the paint would eventually wear, and plastic won't fade or chip. For longevity reasons, it was a good call on their end... I just miss the finish is all.

P.S. Great review. I hope to see mine soon enough, as I will be doing a review over at my affiliate site, geek-grotto.com

20. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    The review was great. Even though the figure is cool I'm still with my partsforming classics Megatron.