ZetaToys Kronos (Masterpiece Superion/Aerialbots)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't know what the complaining is about. These look fine to me. Yellow is a weird choice I guess.

I won't be getting this set unfortunately. 3p combiners are just too damned expensive. Still, I like to admire them from a distance.

• Like Like x 8
  2. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Not necessarily a bad thing though? The tfc alt modes (limbs at least) where really nice, upscale them, add a bit more articulation and tone down the detailing and you have yourself some pretty snazzy Aerialbots.

Need to see the big guy, see which chest plate they went for.

• Like Like x 3
  3. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    yep too much clear plastic for my liking and the lightpiping looks terrible really hate having a lump of clear plastic as the back of the head and you can see it from the front , don't want to buy something i have to paint or buy new parts to get it the way i want it again .... saved me money

with devy it was all about the combined mode but all the other combiners i have always liked the individual robot modes

just as well i don't mind playing the long game and waiting for someone else to make what i want and like :) 

• Like Like x 1
  4. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmmn. Alt modes look alright. Some nice paint could really make them pop. Bot modes are decent, definitely better than what we've seen of their combaticons.
    Paint the eyes with some nice metallic blue paint and it's a maybe.
    I'm still worried about height. Compared to that TW Jazz in the picture (which is already taller than a Carbot) these look like they could be pretty close to MP-10 in height? And I think this is an arm and a leg? (hopefully thats what they are, not what they cost) which means the Torso bot Silverbolt would most likely be even larger.

5. Turnman

Turnman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    85c060a6ly1fe083wrkqej21w02ioqv5.jpg

Well, the leg mode looks very nice. The aerialbots were always very blocky so I guess that a big MP sized brick has a very high chance of looking underwhelming. The paint apps and the hip and torso pieces will make or brake this.

• Like Like x 4
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  6. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 5
  7. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

I would bite, but just not enough cheap yellow plastic for me to pull the trigger ... I'll wait for the v5 ... :) 

• Like Like x 1
  8. Haydenite

Haydenite Ratchet Joints

I see they've kept their TW trademark, hiding the nose cone inside the cockpit cavity on Air Raid ala TW Cone heads. Which gives us that distinguishable "step" on the nose cone in jet mode.
    Doesn't bother me personally but I know there are others who will definately find it irritating.

Never been much off a Superion man, but we'll see how it turns out. Actually think the bots look really good.
    Makes me wonder how far down the road is TW Predaking !!!
    :drool: :drool: :drool: 

9. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I keep looking at the pics and imagining the Shapeways OS TFC cartoon heads in place and smiling.

Gonna be a few months yet though l imagine.

10. Oshboggy

Oshboggy DeceptiCobra DeathAdderCon

Yeah I know what you mean. I love their Constructicons (except for the shitty faces). But what I've seen of their Combaticons/Aerialbots so far ... they totally give me a TFC vibe. They just don't seem in sync stylistically with the Constructicons.

[Edit add] reading the comments after yours, it seems I'm not the only one who thinks TW grabbed TFC's designer. There's even another post that uses the "totally TFC vibe" wording :p 

• Like Like x 1
  11. Glyder

Glyder Well-Known Member

Loving the look of Air raid.
    But then again, I always had a soft spot for him as he was the only arialbot I had as a kid and who could say no to a black F-15! :D 

12. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

Me having a soft spot for Superion is what's making looking at this shitburger so painful ...

13. Tonyshotz

Tonyshotz Well-Known Member

Loose the clear plastic, it has its place 3rd party MP bots but it aint here.
    Also:
    Attention all 3rd party MP producers, knock it off with the light piping! It looks cheap, it causes more problems than it fixes and it has no place on an MP bots. Just stop! Some people may disagree with that statement, those people are wrong, ignore them!:D  (just kidding, don't throw things at me....)

Beyond that, I really like what I see here and I'm looking forward to seeing more.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Chrisola

Chrisola Solid crotch ratchet

News Credits:
    i like em.

swap the eye light piping for a solid colour, would be even nicer.

• Like Like x 3
  15. bearsuit

bearsuit Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The most positive thing I can say is that these are better than the combaticon figures. This is very faint praise...

Why can't toyworld at least get the heads right?

• Like Like x 1
  16. GrimSwipe

GrimSwipe Shock Trooper

I'm an unabashed Aerialbot fanboy (favorite combiner, received the giftset for x-mas in 1985 as a kid, etc.), and I WANT to love these, but thus far, I'm very ho-hum. If these are supposed to receive paint apps later on, it may improve my mood on them. Money recently became a bit less available for 3P purchases this year (and space is always decreasing with each new purchase), so I have to be a bit more discerning. Still, this may be the last shot at an MP-ish Superion on the market before I likely move on from the hobby in a year (or so).

My gut tells me that the Silverbolt reveal will be the deciding factor. If that is an ugly abomination, it'll be easier to pass on the set. If it is on par with these two, I'll be leaning towards the purchase.

17. GRAW

GRAW Fulfill Your Destiny

News Credits:
    Ditch all translucent platic and no light piping please.

• Like Like x 2
  18. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I wouldn't worry about the heads, Shapeways has it covered. The g1 toy guys will be happy out of the box though I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  19. bearsuit

bearsuit Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah, I have those for the OS TFC versions after copying your customs. I'm just more frustrated with toyworld' decisions.

20. amethysted

amethysted Well-Known Member

Thank you for the update. They look fine to me. Cross between CW and MP. :) 

Would LOVE to see size comparisons... Voyager? Leader? etc.

RE: yellow transclear, I dont see a lick of paint on those jets. These are obviously not finished.
    Maybee they will paint under / inside the clear?

Keep em comin...