Toyworld P01 (Combiner Wars Motormaster)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Kevin Iaquinto, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Definitely keeping an eye on this. I love the CW Stunticons, but Gray Optimus is such a terrible torso. I had to move my CW combiners around this week to do some housework and it really drove home how much I dislike Menasor. I’m not going to preorder this, but if the reviews and price are both good then I’ll probably pick him up.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Hurts feelings being honest.

News Credits:
    I need that head sculpt for a long lost alternators project.

3. Richard McBeef

Richard McBeef Banned

Just now seeing this thanks to the TFCON Toronto coverage. I have always HATED CW/UW Motormaster, worst torso ever. I'm in for this if the QC is good. Looks totally fine to me.

4. Autoboty

Autoboty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    +1. The reason I still defend my UW Motormaster is because his truck mode scales so well with the other Stunticons! And his robot mode just exudes 'street thug'. I might get around to making a small trailer to hold the waist in in combined mode, but as of now I'm happy with the official one.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    100000% agreed. Especially about the Devastation model, cause those designs are like crack to me. If we could get Devastation-inspired Stunticons or at least Motormaster/Menasor's torso, I'd happily toss my PE-upgraded Motormaster aside.

• Like Like x 2
  6. IceConvoy

IceConvoy Jikuu Keiji

News Credits:
    I think both the Motormaster face and the Menasor faces need some work. If I had to I’d try modding the CW/PE heads to fit. Otherwise I’m definitely interested in this.

7. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Banned

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    And I'm perfectly OK with that (as long as we actually get this and the Onslaught).!!! :lolol  Also, I find it funny that people said it was too late to do Combiner Wars compatible torso's now, and now we are getting this. :lolol  (Yes, I realize it's very possible that this and Onslaught could get cancelled and I'd eat my own words. Oh well. :lol )

8. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This looks way way better in the real pics

9. banjoted

banjoted Timelord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I love the Combiner Wars line but there's no escaping the fact that Motormaster's torso mode was a travesty. Hopefully this can go one better than Boldforms and prove to be a viable alternative. Count me in.

10. Hyoumaru

Hyoumaru M.S.B.S. ver. 10.5

Eh, I don't know. I can't say CW Motormaster is acceptable on his own, but the sculpt of this doesn't feel right all over. I can accept scale will always be a problem with Motormaster without collapsable shells being involved, but this aesthetic just feels really weird.

11. RyanCharlie

RyanCharlie Banned

This thing looked like shit before and slapping a new label on it hasn't change that.

12. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To get the figure into scale, it'd probably have to be IDW-styled, much like how Transformission did with their not-Motormaster set. With the IDW style, the legs accordion up to form the truck cab itself, and in TFM's case, half the trailer was the torso for the bot mode. Considering the CW setup doesn't require an extra frame for the combiner mode, they could have considered an IDW-esque MM that's to scale, save for a smaller trailer than we're used to seeing for him.

That said... I do think this guy's neat... and I'm not against having more unique torsos for combiner sets. Hope they do a G2 version, as that's the CW Stunticon set that I have currently... Same goes for their Bruticus.

I hope that the only partsforming is the hands/feet though... If this guy has to snap into several pieces to go between bot and combiner mode... that'll be a tad disappointing.

13. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:

That's the best he's ever looked.

You could sneak up from the side on this new torso and beat his ass.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ma70er

ma70er HasTak/3P TF Collector, Gamer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I don't collect MP, but damn if I'm not jealous of how DX9 handled Motormaster and the trailer into their Menasor.

15. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

I'm interested, but mainly because the official is a floppy piece of garbage that can barely stand on it's own in combined form

• Like Like x 4
  16. ljacone

ljacone Decepticon Pretender

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Just saw this for the first time this morning from the TFCon slideshow. As a full on G1 Stunticon fan (including the scale issues), I like this quite a bit.

I must have won the QA lottery with my CW Motormaster, as Menasor has no stability issues for me, but to have both an alternate option for Menasor as well as a G1 style Motormaster to display with the team, this figure looks like he may have potential for me.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rewbot12

Rewbot12 Well-Known Member

My favorite elements of Lone Wolf were the Menasor and Motormaster heads. I vastly prefer the G1 toy-based head design of Menasor, while I'm fine with either the toy or cartoon head for Motormaster's.

18. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch

I want this Motor Master.

Can I get an updated POTP Rampage too? Pleeeeeaaase? One that pulls off an actual robot tiger?

I can make due with the others, but Rampage just makes me sad in beast mode.

19. Oshboggy

Oshboggy DeceptiCobra DeathAdderCon

I like the Devastation model a lot, but I'm down with this MM too. It's not as good as their Onslaught in botmode but I still sorta like it. And torso is a bit fat but a change from the old MM + PE combo.

Needs a cyclone cannon somewhere though.

20. Jtotheiso187

Jtotheiso187 Well-Known Member

Happy to snag this, lone wolf was a disappointment.