Toyworld Cosmos

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Scaleface, Jul 16, 2016.

1. evilwithin

evilwithin Dinobot

Even if I know that Klaatu is probably a "better" figure (accuracy, posability, transformation, heft, joints, accessories), I don't know. I simply like the shape and the colors of TW better. It looks less like the toon, but it feels more like Cosmos to me...

I'll probably get him. Cosmos and Seaspray need too be chubby and funny looking, that's the point... personality over accuracy for them.

• Like Like x 8
  2. Decepticon13

Decepticon13 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This. This guy LOOKS more like Seaspray to me. So I'm good with mine. :) 

3. StrangePlanet

StrangePlanet G1

Same. Looking at the two of them side by side, is it Klatuu that's more accurate to the tv show? Is it? Because it looks weird. Maybe the idea I have in my head about Cosmos is far off the tv show in reality, but for my eyes, Spaceracer there is the one that looks like Cosmos to me.

• Like Like x 3
  4. dmarsee

dmarsee Minibot Action

The beauty of having multiple versions of characters is that we can pick the ones we like the best -- for whatever reasons we want.
    For me, I prefer Spaceracer and Spindrift.
    And I can have them!
    Yay!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Sixo

Sixo Canonical

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Couldn't have said it any better, mate. 100% agree. Choice is a great thing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  6. porkchop123

porkchop123 Well-Known Member

Is there a trick to getting this guy's arms collapsed properly for alt mode. I just can't seem to collapse them without having a gap.

7. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After some hemming and hawing between this and the XTB Cosmos, I decided to order this guy. There's just something about him that says "Cosmos" more to me.

8. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Veteran

I think the choice of colors and design was better on this guy. While XT's is more accurate to the cartoon, it just feels to me that it's missing something. The plastic in pictures looks a lil cheap too but that could just be the photos. Regardless, everyone can get the one they like best which is always a good thing. :) 

9. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

Nah, multiple versions and thus choice is a horrible thing.

If there's just one than the choice is to either buy that one, or none.

If there are more then the decision is much more difficult.

Do I stick with iGear UFO that is a favourite of my GF because of his small size, his altmode and the very 60's SF ray gun he comes with. Or do I go with Toyworld because I like the chunky proportions and the colour (I actually like the gold), but I don't like the hollow feet and the transformation. Or do I go with Klaatu who seems like a more fun figure, but I dislike XTB (for the haphazzard quality) and the colours and shape of the figure are less appealing. Or do I wait and hope for a TT MP. Or nothing at all.

See, when it was just iGear and Hasbro it was so much easier :D 

10. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

I don't have him, but somewhere earlier in this thread there was a discussion about this. I think there's a tiny piece of plastic that needs to be shaved in order to get them to close properly (or something like that). I would check posts around the time this was released.

11. dmarsee

dmarsee Minibot Action

You're right, choice paralysis is a real phenomenon.
    xkcd: Decision Paralysis

But given the fact that the choices are here, I'm trying to focus on the pros.

12. JoeHavok

JoeHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really couldn't decide which I liked better, so I did the only logical thing. I ordered both. Finally SpaceRacer came in the mail today. Nice figure so far. My arms were pegged on backwards. So that took a while to figure out. And, one of his arms has a gap when collapsed. Maybe I'm doing something wrong with one of his arms. Over all this is a great representation of Cosmos, and the paint looks premium.

13. joopsta

joopsta Masterpiece, Encore and 3P collector

News Credits:
    Got my Spaceracer today. What a fun little guy. Only when I wanted to change him from UFO to robot I could not get his head back up. I had to push it with the back of a fork from under his belly. Also the two pieces that rotate where his arms connect were sort of stuck. Anybody else had that problem?
    IMG_20170901_175320.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  14. StrangePlanet

StrangePlanet G1

I do not have the problem of getting his head in and out. That is easy on mine. And I love how they handled the head connection. That's an expressive neck joint in there. Love it.
    As for that connecting bar that attaches his shoulders to the body, the connections there are a bit tricky to get right, at first I thought maybe it was faulty, but after a couple transformations they have loosened up a bit and move better now and I'm better at putting them where they need to be in both modes.

15. packetpc40

packetpc40 Well-Known Member

I showed my 5-yr-old a picture of Klaatu and SpaceRacer and asked him which one he liked better. He chose SpaceRacer. When I asked him why he said, "He looks more like a real robot." I can't argue with his logic. :D 

• Like Like x 3
  16. djmajin

djmajin Masterpiece Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    i went ahead and did it, gave Spaceracer the yellow he deserves!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  17. Qingtianzhu

Qingtianzhu waiguoren

News Credits:
    So, I fell under the siren spell of Klaatu. But I still really like Spaceracer, but I'm a one figure per character guy (except Prime and Megs). But I didn't want to get rid of it....

So this is dedicated to @optimusfan

WeChat Image_20170913195752.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  18. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you owned Klaatu (as I do) you'd think differently immediately. Obviously the rose-colored glasses of youth tilt the memory of every fan in whichever direction feels best as to the term "cartoon/toy accuracy", but I personally feel that Klaatu is a much better Cosmos all around.

19. evilwithin

evilwithin Dinobot

I don't have in hand any Cosmos. Looking at pics and reviews, I prefer TW (even if there is something appealing in everyone)and I'm gonna order one.
    IMO Omne has got the best arms and hands (but the worst altmode for me), Spacerunner the best facesculpt (and chestplate), Klaatu the best altmode and general toon accuracy (but worst facesculpt and colorscheme).

You can't win (or loose) when you have three good choices. There is no " right" choice.
    TT or someone else is probably working in the dark on another Cosmos, and somebody someday will call it the best Cosmos :D 

• Like Like x 3
  20. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well said --^ There is nothing wrong with choices. I was merely trying to help tilt the scales in a given direction for those totally on the fence. This thread is understandably hewing closer to Spaceracer as the choice de jour and that's fine, but again.... choices.