Toyworld Cosmos

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Scaleface, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

I like TW's deco. I don't have a cosmos yet, and am going with XTB's, but if I already had TW's, I probably wouldn't switch.

2. amethysted

amethysted Well-Known Member

I'm going with XTransbots. TW looks to squat for me.
    And reviewers (I like) didnt give TW good praise...

3. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I also just like TW's scale better for my display, personally.

• Like Like x 2
  4. boomerdave

boomerdave Owns three Ditka figures. O_o Veteran

I can respect that (although TW can be raised up or down to adjust his height) and XT does do the minibots well. As someone else said, there really aren't any losers here. It's all about what works best for you.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Chiller

Chiller Failed Decepticon

News Credits:
    This discussion is far too civilized :D 

• Like Like x 7
  6. joopsta

joopsta Masterpiece, Encore and 3P collector

News Credits:
    I was hesitating which Cosmos to get seeing the review of Klaatu yesterday. Even though Klaatu might be more toon accurate, I just bought Spaceracer. Like a previous member said, to me Spaceracer has more character.

AND IT'S MY COLLECTION!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Well, I absolutely love my Spaceracer in both modes. I'm not swapping him for Klaatu.

I'm going to buy Klaatu and keep both. *GASP*

• Like Like x 4
  8. Turbine027

Turbine027 Boys or Toys? BOTH!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Personally, I just don't like the "gold for yellow" at all... it's somehow worse than the "silver instead of off white" on the horrorcons

• Like Like x 1
  9. toretilo

toretilo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, shapes were as inconsistent as scale in the cartoon, but even in that scene the alt mode looks closer to XTB to me.

I am not swaping for Klaatu either, just answering why the spacecraft mode is inaccurate.
    Spaceracer is good enough to me, I prefer to sacrifice some cartoon accuracy in both modes for a better finish, arms proportionally smaller, and a bot size I prefer for my display.

10. evilwithin

evilwithin Dinobot

Idk. Even if XTB is full painted, toon accurate (two shades of green) and has a well proportioned alt mode, somehow TW has more appeal. The painted head, the painted chest, the gold instead of yellow... It looks more premium (even if, in hand, XTB will probably "feel" more premium). And, in the end, TW has more character.

On the other hand, transformation looks more "clever" on XTB (flipping gimmick, double exhausts for the hands, spring loaded head), and those accessories are neat.

The discussion is civilized because both options are very good... And because FT didn't hint a Cosmos yet :D  ... If it happens, prepare to figth to death...

• Like Like x 1
  11. MST3KFan

MST3KFan Master of the Obvious

News Credits:
    Yeah, someone pointing the reasons above, but the spaceship mode's proportions are definitely the inaccurate issue.

12. Wheeljoker

Wheeljoker Well-Known Member

I had him..I sold him...and ordered the clear one. XTB will be my go to Cosmos tho

• Like Like x 1
  13. optimusfan

optimusfan Kill your heroes Administrator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    This guy gets it. :) 

• Like Like x 4
  14. Insectabot

Insectabot Well-Known Member

Yes, I love this figure. But I never got it. I will go with klaatu but there are things I love about toyelwords that klaatu doesn't have.

We all win...again.. options

• Like Like x 2
  15. newOrder

newOrder LowLife Republic

Instagram:
    [​IMG]
    Love this version of Cosmo

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  16. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    I think I'm going to have to get Spaceracer AND Klaatu. I'm trying to decide if I go for the clear version of Spaceracer or not. I'm worried about potential GPS but I think I prefer the solid colours... but then I wouldn't mind having both, but then do I need three Cosmos'...? Maybe. I dunno. I don't have a ton of money, so it seems like overkill when I could buy something else, but Spaceracer looks fun and adorable, so there's that.

17. boomerdave

What exactly are the symptoms of GPS? Outside of Cosmic Rust, I'm not familiar with that one.

18. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    I don't think there are actually any real symptoms, but I could be wrong. I suppose it might leak plasticiser before it cracks and shatters, but that'd be about it. So in that case, look into the symptoms of plasticiser leaking. But don't quote me on that because I could be wrong.

19. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah GPS, if it happens, is usually spontaneous. You may notice "dust" from the plastic particles accumulating where a toy sits/stands. But that's rare. Usually it first gets diagnosed upon the toy disintegrating, or crumbling in your hands one day.

You'll know if it's GPS, if after breakage, the plastic is hard and brittle, with no "flex" to it, and if it "crumbles" without any stress marks, rather than simply snaps in one place where stress marks are present.

That said, again, there's no guarantee or even necessarily likelihood that this will suffer from GPS. It does have "swirls," but that can be for all sorts of reasons, and assuming they're familiar with the suspected causes of GPS (which is thought to do with how the plastic is mixed, and particulates and pigments in the mixing process) there's no reason to assume this figure will suffer from it.

Then again... in a few years or less it might explode lol. Who can say? So far he seems fine for me but that proves nothing. Such is the great mystery and unpredictable beast that is GPS.

• Like Like x 1
  20. boomerdave

It's funny. I've been collecting these guys since 07' but I never had anywhere to display them really so I would take them out of the box and check'em out for QC and mess with them a little and put them back in the box and into storage till I had a place.

So we finally got a house...a big one and I have my own transformers room with tons of shelving. So now it's like Christmas everyday because I have a stack of toys to the ceiling I need to get out, pose or figure out how to transform and put on shelves. I've been setting up for 2 months now and I'm still not done. That said, I have to dig up videos on toys people don't even thing about transforming now like Ghost Starscream or MP-5 Megatron, Scoria and look into things like "Cosmic Rust" or "GPS". Old news but to me, it's all new.

I chuckle a little when people go "That toy is so dated" when to me, I just got it out of a box brand new a month ago and have to look into these issues for the first time or how to transform it because other than that QC check when I bought it, it's never been touched. :D 

• Like Like x 2