Toyworld Cosmos

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Scaleface, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Large

Large Currently blablabla

News Credits:
    Smelting Pool dudes, assemble !

"Why do they keep callling us that ? I mean, that would be Straxus crew right ?
    - Yeah but nobody cares about Straxus.
    - Except that bridge guy.
    - Shut up Warpath."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  2. Drake915

Drake915 Autobot Scout

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wish BBTS would get this guy in so I can actually get him. I know I can cancel and just grab him from TFsource, but I don't want to yet. BBTS tend to ship to my area quicker.

• Like Like x 1
  3. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Ok, just got this guy in, and love him.

He feels HUUUGE for a minibot, so chunky / wide! Goes really well with my Gold MP Bumblebee. Well built, feels heavy and prestinesh enough.

The alt mode looks really great. I though the upper part would be too big like the pictures, but it is a nice saucer. Nice enough transformation, i think i will be doing this many times ;) . Also love the bot mode.

Now the "issues"
    1) I wasnt able to properly close the gaps in alt mode at first. After careful examination for some time, doing one arm at a time, i found that of the two arms, where the hand tucks in, the green part that swivels wasnt staying closed, where it "pegs/locks" in. I shaved off a bit of plastic, until it could lock. Now, all the gaps are gone. What a fantastic saucer mode, i really love it.
    2) Bot mode hand gun isnt the nicest thing on it, probably what will bug most. I can remove the tip of it via a scew, but then the alt mode will be affected a bit. Not sure yet if i will remove or not, probably will give it a try, though if i want him armed up, i can have gun above the hands for both hands. Right now, i sort of have it leaning to the back, using the extra joint it has to swivel a bit more.
    3) Instead of the eyes not being able to turn at all, mine turn by themselves when i rotate the head.... Oh well, i just play with the looser top of the head to re-adjust it.

Sounds like a lot, but it isnt for me. Honestly, i am extremely happy with this purchase, damn for 55$ shipped (for it at 46$ shipped with flash sale), it is amazing value, much more than MP Bumblebee (whom i love too). This was my first Toyworld product, and now i want MORE. Heck, i think i want their Arcee ...

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. I've got an ebay coupon that expires tomorrow. I'd be able to get him for $38 shipped. I'm considering it. But Cosmos isn't a character I need, and I'd really like to see XTB's effort before making a decision. But that price is hard to pass up. And part of me has an issue paying for a minibot the price XTB's will be.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ARSone24

ARSone24 TFEW Revo

Ebay:
    Seriously $38 bucks and you're still undecided. Do eeeittt!! Mine arrived and is waiting for me when I get home. I paid the reg $50 ish you can do $38. When have you purchased a MPish figure with rave reviews new not used for that price. I say buy it and still consider XTB, that's my plan.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pitt

Pitt Well-Known Member

I don't need two Cosmos. Not even sure I need one, but I'll probably end up with one. There are a couple of things I don't like about this guy and I'll probably end up waiting. But I agree he's a great looking figure.

7. engrpedro

engrpedro Well-Known Member

I'd prolly wait for XTB then decide. That gap in the feet bugs me.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wheeljoker

Wheeljoker Well-Known Member

I picked mine up from Hany at Agabyss on Wednesday along with MPP10 Eva and clear and Master Made Destroy Scorpion. The only gripe on mine was the swivel on one arm is tight as hell..gonna see if I can loosen it up this weekend. This is my first Toyworld purchase and honestly,I think he's fantastic. Proportions are good,the sculpt is awesome..he just screams Cosmos

9. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:

The xtb will have the yellow color, vs gold plastic, which some will like. It will also come with the better / more accessories, and sleeker shuttle mode I guess, though nothing wrong with the tw version in hand, I really love it. If the pics aren't doing it for yea, I say keep your money, save it for something that really appeals to you.

I wanted minibots, that is a goal for my collection. Granted, I never wanted mp cosmos either, but when I saw TW version, I knew i HAD to have it, and price was the best in town, and a minibot, so great. The XTB might end up being a better product in many sense, but the original prototypes on that didn't do a dent to make me flip 180 and want something I didn't care for before I saw the TW version.

Right now I am kicking myself for having left my cosmos at work, I miss him, and want to hold and transform him!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Vanessa

Vanessa G1 Bonecrusher's #1 fangirl

So glad you love him, I kinda thought you might ;) 
    He's great, and his faults just fade away because he's so characterful.
    Roll on TW Seaspray!

• Like Like x 1
  11. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:

Thanks. I knew i would love the bot mode, but i was totally surprised how much i would love the Saucer mode. Looked a bit out of proportion vs the XTB, but in person, damn, i love it even more than the bot mode!!! Just had to scrap off a bit of plastic on one area to that everything can tab in properly. Feel like bringing him with me everywhere, lol.

Not 100% sure i will get TW Seaspray, and that is ONLY because i am committed with getting the FT, but maybe i will double dip on that as he looks very cute especially with the color changes proposed / considered. I honestly do wish FT / TW offered an Alana to go with Seaspray... But, i think Arcee is next, then Kup/Jazz/Springer. I seriously hope TW does Powerglide...

12. Vanessa

Vanessa G1 Bonecrusher's #1 fangirl

My Cosmos is sitting on my biscuit tin :lol 
    Not with my other figures in the detolfs, he's too much fun, so I want to interact with him, and not pose him and forget, like I do with far too many of my figs.

Alas, TW's Jazz, Arcee, Kup and Springer are not doing anything for me, so I'll be passing on them. But Seaspray is a surefire buy!
    I hope they do some more minibots ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  13. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    Ok, picture time!!! He goes extremely well with FT Willis and MP Gold Bumblebee

DSC07662.JPG DSC07666.JPG

DSC07670.JPG

• Like Like x 8
  14. King Nergil

King Nergil Humanoid anchovy

So, I finally got my replacement head. Had to take the whole upper body apart cause they sent it to me on the base and I didn't want to risk scratching any paint. What can I say abot him that has not already been said...?

20170420_122430.jpg
    He really is cute! :oops: 

• Like Like x 6
  15. BrooklynBombers

BrooklynBombers Well-Known Member

Is there any way to rotate the eyes without scratching paint off the head? I can't grasp the top enough to turn it.. using nails or a tool seems like it will just rip up the top of the head.

16. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Here's some photos of the head disassembled for people having a hard time with the gimmick. Basically there is a face on each side of the head and you spin the helmet around it. The bottle cap isn't a spinner device even though it looks like it would be. I mean, you can technically use it for that but you're just spinning the inner head on it's ball joint which is more difficult than just rotating the loose-fitting helmet.

There is no glue holding the parts together so if the helmet won't spin there is probably a bit of paint sticking so pop it apart (super easy) and reassemble and it should work. Removing the green metal ring around his head (also no glue) makes it much easier to get access to the neck post.
    IMG_4728.JPG
    IMG_4729.JPG
    IMG_4730.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  17. Sepster

Sepster Well-Known Member

I know Toyworld has said they are now sending their releases out in separate waves, do we know how much time there be be between waves? I got the 10-day notification from BBTS on this guy a month ago but he has yet to actually come into stock. I'm assuming I missed the first wave, how long should I expect before the next one hits?

18. BrooklynBombers

BrooklynBombers Well-Known Member

Great post.. Thanks!

19. zfarsh

zfarsh Big Penguin Chief

News Credits:
    I removed the guns from the hands entirely (remove a screw on each arm), and he looks much better, and honestly, even in shuttle mode, i dont really miss it much at all. Just makes him look more masterpiece i think not to have the guns near his hands like that.

20. StrangePlanet

StrangePlanet G1

I'm not usually the guy who cannot wait for his toy. I'm not ready to never use them again because some other folks got him before me, but c'mon BBTS, you STILL don't have this in stock?
    Guys, has anyone ordered this from BBTS and gotten it? If so I may have just been put on the "we ran out so yours is on preorder status forever" list. Although that seems odd for them.