ToyWorld Coolsvile (MP style not Jazz)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Qingtianzhu, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Clou

Clou Member

The small black flaps from his waist have to go under these silver parts. and the waistpieces need to be seperated and shaped like a "7" from that side.

See here 1:09

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. jmkprime

jmkprime Well-Known Member

Love this figure, but the instructions are frustratingly vague -- I'm sure they've trolling us by making him break-dance at one stage. And there are no instructions about what to do with the accessories at all. For hours I thought I was missing some sort of mounting bracket until I saw TMReview point out the tiny tab (a contender for mostly-like-to-break bracket of 2017?).
    It makes me realise how reliant I've become on Youtubers to demonstrate 3P transformations.

3. JasonT

JasonT Well-Known Member

The transformation takes patience the first go through. Once you know where everything goes and how it sits in car mode, the second time is a lot less frustrating. Build quality is top notch and TW's paint game is on point.
    I'm a sucker for dicast and Coolsville has it in 80% of his car mode. Such a great figure!

I compared it with my MT Downbeat. Coolsville to me is the winner in both modes.
    Downbeat has currently been evicted from my MP shelf :) 

• Like Like x 1
  4. The Chippy Winger

The Chippy Winger The Struggle is real

Comparison Pics?

5. KremzeekTyCobb

KremzeekTyCobb Tears that soak a callous heart

News Credits:
    Does anyone have a transformation video up yet? You would think there would have been one by now.

6. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There is a good one that I came across the other day almost by accident, but would have to go digging for to link it here. He was overall pleased with the figure, but couldn't get his plug-in speakers to work accept slipped over the 'whale tale' haphazardly and was also frustrated (as many others seem to be) with the overall transformation going into alt mode.

Me, I'm totally out after his review. There are just too many compromises made, the engineering is ho-hum and unnecessarily complicated, pieces don't seem to plug-in as they should and frankly I think when TT does get around to Jazz they'll do him much better than either of the present efforts. Personally I'm willing to wait for that day even if it's far off in the future.

7. Printformers

Printformers Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just got my Coolsville and i like him very much :)  He has some issues sadly :(  I have made a presentation including the full transformations for those that have trouble.

I also made a 3D printed weapon set for Him that you can find on my Ebay: angel_ios | eBay
    auckja03.PNG

Here is a Downbeat comparison. I like the way that Toyworld looks a lot better. Like lego is to Duplo.
    col5.PNG

The movie can be seen here:

col9.PNG
    col14.PNG
    col10.PNG
    col2.PNG

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 9
  8. jmkprime

jmkprime Well-Known Member

I think that comparison speakest loudest. Its the two ends of the MP spectrum: Downbeat's more cartoon-like model versus Coolsville's more toy-line model. Its great that the fanbase is strong enough to support both options.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    My only complaint really in the deco department is, there's no blue on his waist panels.

10. GeneralLeeSpkng

GeneralLeeSpkng Purveyor of Futility

News Credits:
    I can't believe I am saying this but I think I might like Coolsville better. Currently trying to find a reason to not displace Downbeat in the main display with him. Flaws? Sure. Kinda bad ass? Definitely. I will have to let the dust settle a bit and take a closer look.

11. yvk2000

yvk2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That was a nice and lenghty comparison! It's nice to see a Jazz that takes more to the toy; I love G1 Jazz, but couldn't care less about the toon depiction. I do wish his wheels were visible on his arms like on GT's J4zz. I am curious how this looks and feels like in person so I might go for it...but I can't help but think upcoming versions by XTB and FT might be more worthwhile...

12. jiidee

jiidee Well-Known Member

That custom weapon set looks suweeeet.

13. Fenz

Fenz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    wow thanks for the review transformation look hellahard but both mode look good

14. esteban2k

esteban2k Member

Very pleased with mine now that everything is clicked in properly. Thanks to the vids on previous page. I'm also a sucker for die-cast and he doesn't disappoint. Really nice and weighty. Looks great in both modes. After also having grabbed a Toyworld conehead, I'm becoming a fan

15. Printformers

Printformers Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Coolsville can kind of be made smaller if you compress his waist a bit. (the crotch is at tan angle but the skirt flaps can compensate)
    19576722_1705115586183270_511786246_o.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. Faxie

Faxie Well-Known Member

Transformed him for the first time... damn that sucked :') Got it eventually though... and alt mode looks gorgeous! Almost can't tell it's a transformer :) 

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Technoid

Technoid Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

This reminds me of an old horror movie I once saw...

18. mah45

mah45 Well-Known Member

Are the heads from Downbeat and Coolsville the same size and will the second face plate from Downbeat fit into the helmet of Coolsville?

19. mah45

mah45 Well-Known Member

Edit - Found that the heads arent't made the same with parts being removable.

20. GeneralLeeSpkng

GeneralLeeSpkng Purveyor of Futility

News Credits:
    The Thing?